Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,504 members, 7,911,185 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:11 AM

Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One (2042 Views)

Remembering Computer Science Pioneer, Alan Turing / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / New Technology! Microchip Helps Paralysed Man Moves His Hand (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by khalhokage(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
Alan Turing was born 104 years ago yesterday.

He committed suicide at the age of 42. Imagine what he could have achieved if not for the hatred and ignorance that persecuted him.

1 Like

Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
I remember reading for the first time, his paper on Computing Machinery and Intelligence..........

His paper can be read 40 years later and despite the major revolutions on Computer Science and Artifical intelligence, it still has significant importance.....

Ah, what could have been.......

1 Like

Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by davien(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Wonderful man.
Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
104 Years shocked
How
Turing Died Shortly After WORLD WAR 2
Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by ivyy(f): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
104 Years shocked

How

Turing Died Shortly After WORLD WAR 2

Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below. It's the grand finale and you can o lyrics vote for one.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.
Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yeah, well . . . I guess bummer.
Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by Feraz(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
A great man he was. I was quite impressed with the way he developed his own version of a machine called bombe that helped crack the enigma machine of the Germans of which the British govt. kept secret for years.

I not only think the impact he would have had if he wasn't dead; I think the same for Einstein.
Re: Of Alan Turing: Discrimination Helps No One by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
I was sad when I read about him and how he died. He is widely referred to as the father of AI

(1) (Reply)

What Water Creature Is This? / Igbo Boy Made A Big Helicopter That Flew Shocking Photos / Big Hippopotamus Killed In Jebba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.