Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,938 members, 7,909,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:41 AM

Things Yorubas Can Relate To - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Yorubas Can Relate To (1624 Views)

10 Pictures Sex Starved Guys Can Relate To / Can't Stop Laughing.... Only Yorubas Can Get The Joke. / Ten(10) Things Those In A Relationship Can Relate With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Iba akoda, iba aseda, mojuba ooo, e je ko ju mi se ( salutation to the first creature and to the later created. I salute you all, let it be well with me)
#laughing. you are thinking im a native doctor ? No, im not. Im just a typical Yoruba man. Anyway, that is how we throw salutations before we do things.

I won't take your time. Im here to discuss some things you can relate to growing up a Yoruba person.

Abuses from mum and dad:

1. Ori ee ti gbale ( your head hit the ground) lol, you are there standing upright oo.

2. Oti memu yo ( you drank palmwine to stupor) Take it or leave it, my grandpa cant do without this abuse. Palmwine? How?

3. Ara ee ko ya ( you are sick) pls, how can someone who just finished playing 5 aside football be sick? Yet, our parents think we are.

4. Ode, didinrin, oponu and ayirada. ( fool, slowpoke, idiot and ...... I dunno) chai, see as my igbo brothers cant even pronounce it. Lol, you cant blame our parents... Some of us are very stubborn.

5. Oniranu ajeyinawo ( The owner of nonsense and an eater of guinea fowl egg) please dont laugh at that. Thats an abuse too.

From peers

some of us can boast of an eventful primary and secondary school days.
We even make abuses games or let me say competition. We reward marks to ourselves on it. Sounds crazy? Yeah.

1. Eleti kalawa bi gele omo oloku ( He has ears resembling the scarf of a celebrant)

2. Alaya didin bi iwe ipejo ( He has a chest like court order leaflet) abi na?

3. Olorin tirin bi igo maltina . ( owning a neck that looks like maltina bottle )

3. Olori gbigbe bi oka inu oye . ( He has a head as dry as the ' amala' in a the harmattern )

4 . Olori nla bi boolu shooting star ( he has a head like shooting star ball )

5. Olori gboro bi posi adelabu ( has a long head like Adelabu coffin)

.. To mention a few

games we play and their english meaning.
Okoto ( we play in the sand with a seed )

after ran wan... ( after round one)
this game is very interesting.

We sing, after round one, original panadol extra, wan tun gbe de ... Egba! And u show a number with ur fingers. Lucky number wins

3. Suwe .

4. Bread and butter

5. Tinko, tinko

We are so lively to the extent that we build birds houses from clay and wet sands.

My yoruba people, i hail ooo

Add yours and endeavor to give the meaning too....

2 Likes

Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by falconey(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
lol
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cool
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by W3irDo: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by princefunmmy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lolz.. Omo Yoruba ni mi
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by goldbim(f): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin this just reminded me of my childhood days..i remember we used to sing and sit in a circle with moonlight and be singing *salumota kekere kan.*cnt remember anymore sef grin.then we'l sing some of songs they sang in yoruba movies..*yemi my lover,iru eshin and co.we'll also do idi ore mi lemi o fisi(you'lbe running around the circle and place stones behind your friend's butts.)good old memories grin

2 Likes

Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
goldbim:
grin this just reminded me of my childhood days..i remember we used to sing and sit in a circle with moonlight and be singing *salumota kekere kan.*cnt remember anymore sef grin.then we'l sing some of songs they sang in yoruba movies..*yemi my lover,iru eshin and co.we'll also do idi ore mi lemi o fisi(you'lbe running around the circle and place stones behind your friend's butts.).I rep the 80's grin grin.

salumota kekere kan to ko sinu omi, mo sofun lati owuro titi dojo ale... Dide soke, bo oju re wale.. Si sapa otun re, yi sapa osi re, mu enikeni to ba wun e oo salumota

1 Like

Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Florblu(f): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Buhahahahahaha.....Let's make a toast to the good old days*cheers*

1 Like

Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by goldbim(f): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Drabeey:

salumota kekere kan to ko sinu omi, mo sofun lati owuro titi dojo ale... Dide soke, bo oju re wale.. Si sapa otun re, yi sapa osi re, mu enikeni to ba wun e oo salumota
grin grin oh my goodness!!you actually got it .nice..!
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Florblu:
Buhahahahahaha.....Let's make a toast to the good old days*cheers*

To the good old days!! Cheers maam
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Bespiel: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ok ooo
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by prahcetomi(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
After round one,original panadol extra otun gbede,babangida yaso...........lol
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by crystal09(f): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
how do I create topic on nairaland, pls enlighten am new.
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
goldbim:
grin grin oh my goodness!!you actually got it .nice..!

lol

1 Like

Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
crystal09:
how do I create topic on nairaland, pls enlighten am new.

go to the section u wish to create a thread under. Find create new topic, click it and the remaining should be self explanatory.
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 26, 2016
im coming with more
Re: Things Yorubas Can Relate To by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Drabeey:

awwwww
I miss those days walai

After ran wan original Panadol extral wontun gbede

Or

Papalolo ikebe super

Chaii

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Lady Cries For Help Says Her Guy's Sperm Smells Like Dead Rat And Spoilt Sardine / 3 Signs Your Woman Doesn’t Enjoy Sex With You / How True Are The Words On This Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.