Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,386 members, 7,937,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! (74463 Views)

Small Scale Rabbit Farm / The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by seyoops4u: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:

No worries bro..see you at the other side! wink wink
Wood 2x2 - 20 lengths @ 250 per length. #5,000
15 lengths Batton/tierods@ 150 - #1,500

Pls.... Observation in the calculation: 15 lengths Batton/tierods@ 150 - #1,500
Mayb, it's 10 pieces @#150 or 15pieces @#100 to make #1500...

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by goldbim(f): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
fiftynaira:
Nairaland giving us business ideas since 1960

Cc goldbim come let's make money
grin yes oo!!time to develop that our acres of land @oshogbo. cool cool
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by fiftynaira(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
goldbim:
grin yes oo!!time to develop that our acres of land @oshogbo. cool cool

Abi let's stp planting oshogbo weed and invest in bunnies

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by solepager(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:

Zero 8 zero three three 5 one 55 three three

Your number sweet o
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by dablazor: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
This is nice, I reared rabbits a little in my early teens, but I became attached to them, couldn't eat the meat or sell them lol

3 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by goldbim(f): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
fiftynaira:

Abi let's stp planting oshogbo weed and invest in bunnies
grin omg! Can't stop laughing hard..let's pity those NDLEA guys..

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by LordofNaija: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is completely doomed. I'm off to Niger.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Iseoluwani: 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
Hi folks grin

I grew up way back rearing rabbits as pets for a while wink well..we also had them as meat.

School, work and other things took me away from that but I am ready to start again to be self sufficient and this time for all the personal and commercial reasons.

I will be documenting my progress and of course comments ,suggestions and critiques are very welcome.

Will be starting with 4 males and 6 to 8 females.

Was with a friend and mentor to see his small scale rabbit farm@ Abeokuta and would be using his ideas for mine. He has a very unique cage system I have never seen ( at least from what i have read and seen physically undecided) . I intend utilising all products from the rabbits from skin to urine and faeces.

Would be including my progress pics as well.

In the meantime enjoy some pics from his farm.

Plz help me am interested
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by lsfespiritus: 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Some time ago I had some rabbits but lost interest in them when they refused to reproduce after about 2years. though I handed it over to somebody to be taking care of them because I was still in school then.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by schumastic(m): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ada9103:

I will soon

good luck on that and nice pix
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by AuroraB(f): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
I hope one would be made aware of the meat one's about to have at restaurants embarassed undecided
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Thanks for all commendations and encouragement. I really appreciate. I just had to do it like "Nike" grin grin

humpito:
God bless u bro. I've really learnt a lot from u. When I was 13 years old, I had about 30 rabbits and faeces disposal was my major challenge. I later lost interest in it for some reasons. Now, u have stimulated my interest.

Whether we keep rabbits as pets or for commercial purposes the major hindrance had always been how to dispose off the waste. Infact wayback then I always dreaded being asked by Daddy to go clean up the rabbit hutches sad angry angry..i had to sweep. Wash..etc.. I guess that really prompted me to make sure I found an easy way to get that job done grin grin...I cant come and go and be suffering myself by myself ..but hey..no pain no gain... wink

solepager:

Your number sweet o

Thanks..rabbit meat is far sweeter and healthier to eat. Trust me wink wink

Pavore9:

Stalking me as usual but that is the price l have to pay! cheesy

Bros Pavore9...please continue to show yourself please. I never pick ya brain finish..infact na Kenya remain make I come. cheesy

seyoops4u:

Pls....
Observation in the calculation: 15 lengths Batton/tierods@ 150 - #1,500

Mayb, it's 10 pieces @#150 or 15pieces @#100 to make #1500...

Sorry..I.used and had the initial quotation mixed up ..we ended up getting 10 lengths@ 1500.

kennylawal:
But what about feeding in dry season

They would feed more on feed meal that consist of coarse ground dry corn, soya and other legumes during the dry season. Do you know rabbits also eat kitchen leftovers like rice, beans, yam peelings etc infact apart from meat..anything we ate at home we gave to the rabbits as well..... Comes in very handy during that period as well..grin..

Titanium38:

May the lord bless your handwork. am proud of you dear. please keep it up! Would love to take a tour sometime, hope am welcome lolz

Thanks to all for all the prayers.. of course a tour is always welcome anytime..just pre inform me so I arrange better pounded yam with egusi soup..and if you are lucky..rabbit meat! cheesy grin

hotspec:

can u give a close shot of d grass or seek for people who knows d local name. It looks like what we call AKINTOLA leaves in Yoruba

Attached are the leaves at close range.

2 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by hotspec(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
Thanks

Attached are the leaves at close range.

ok. its called YUN-YUN (you-un-you-un) in my Yoruba area. It brings out sunflower and has not too smooth, hairy surface and stem. Its a common grass around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Dirtydog: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
What's d local name of dat leaf & hw do i plant it @ my backyard? Is it jus 2 replant it or it hz seed one can plant?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Ada9103(f): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
schumastic:

good luck on that and nice pix

Thanks dear
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2016
kenkenn:
Bros, can u drop ur contact

Maybe (fone number or email)

I can easily Whatsapp u

Thanks

You are on the INTERNET!

Would you rather not learn from experts with tons of experience?

Make a search on Google.

I am sure there are already a handful of Nigerians, and gazillions, internationally, who have already been there and done that.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Afoskalex(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nice
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by iSpread(m): 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
its gonna grow big!
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by datigbogirl: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
Hi folks grin

I grew up way back rearing rabbits as pets for a while wink well..we also had them as meat.

School, work and other things took me away from that but I am ready to start again to be self sufficient and this time for all the personal and commercial reasons.

I will be documenting my progress and of course comments ,suggestions and critiques are very welcome.

Was with a friend and mentor to see his small scale rabbit farm@ Abeokuta and would be using his ideas for mine. He has a very unique cage system I have never seen ( at least from what i have read and seen physically undecided) . I intend utilising all products from the rabbits from skin to urine and faeces.

Would be including my progress pics as well.

In the meantime enjoy some picsfrom his farm.

Pls how much did it cos t you to put all these up? And how much dem dey sell Rabit sef?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Ameboperoo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
They are also found of tridax, sweet potato leaves,and one milky weed that I can't remember the name now.

2 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by canDy4eva(f): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please can one use this type of cages too for a grasscutter farm?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by canDy4eva(f): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Baroba:

So you be 042 boy, seems like umu Kenyatta don chop you for that wire cutter.. Ndo.. Your cage is well thought out, and i like the research bit you undertook prior to construction.. Am interested in setting up a grass cutter farm for my younger bro, so i will be watching your threads..well done.
please I want to start a grasscutter cutter farm also do you mind sharing some ideas with me. In terms of the type of cage to use, feeding etc. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by kapai(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
So.. like I said his cage system is quite unique like I said as I have not seen it anywhere. Its built on a stilt like structure and there is a sloping aluminum v-shaped gutter meant to catch the feaes and urine. Its almost self cleaning as the urine flows away from underneath the cages while for any pellets of feases left is washed or rather flushed from the top or beginning of the slope with just a bowl of water. It flows to the end and for him channelled to a gutter as waste. (I don't intend wasting mine o...with all the knowledge about rabbit urine and faeces as very good fertiliser...composting is the way to go here..dry season no far again and sack farming beckons wink wink)

Cc pavore9, Graceglory and co.. cheesy grin

Its very easy and not stressful as you don't have to be sweeping and cleaning all the time and less time consuming.

Some pics attached

Pls what is the width of the cage?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by ayantaiwo(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dirtydog:
What's d local name of dat leaf & hw do i plant it @ my backyard? Is it jus 2 replant it or it hz seed one can plant?
You can also give them concentrate (grower mash) or any , you soak it with water but don't let d water to be much. They also like to eat ripe pawpaw

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
Hi folks grin

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
kapai:

Pls what is the width of the cage?

Attached are the dimensions of his design.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
oblo:
Hi folks grin
I intend utilising all products from the rabbits from skin to urine and faeces.

What could rabbits urine and faeces be used for?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
colli247:
this is creativity not certificate lovers think of some different naija youth not BSC,HND,MASTER,PGD,PHD,APC,ICPC,EFFC CERTIFICATE WITHOUT SENSE

With your username and what u wrote, u sound like the person who wrote the book titled "Idiots with B.Sc".... Are you?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Mrjo(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
Can i pay u a visit frm aba, i'm interested
oblo:

,thanks a whole bunch grin

Cleaning and feeding time... grin

In my compound...we have quite some space with which grows plenty of the plant called aspilia africana. Dont know the local name but I had known this for over 20 years then when we kept rabbits.

So right in my backyard and within reach I have fresh greens for them 24/7. > cheesy

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Hillarie(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cool!

Bunnies are the cutest and only animal I can keep as pet.

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by XieXie: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nwanne asi na i pasa na 042.

Mu wa bukwa nwa ogbe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.