Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. (747 Views)

Air Zimbabwe Cuts Its Workforce Due To Financial Woes / Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats / God Is Good Bus Somersaults In Enugu With Passengers Inside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by SageTravels: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2016
On Saturday, one of the captains of Air Zimbabwe,
Captain Elizabeth Simbi Petros (in the circle) turned
super-heroine after battling for about an hour to
land her aircraft due bad weather after three
attempts at Bulawayo Airport. Passengers gave her
a standing ovation. According to one of the
passengers that witnessed everything and saw how
the she (Captain Elizabeth) managed to land safely
said he had already concluded his last prayers on
board.

I don't mean to sound sexist but she handled the
plane better than most men. I had said my last
prayers up there. – He said

http://www.sagetravels.com/2016/06/air-zimbabwe-pilot-receives-standing.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2016
i dont believe this
Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by Boeing777pilot: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hmmmmmm

OP, There are many holes in this your story oh!

1. It doesn't make sense to battle to land a plane for over an hour in BAD weather in three attempts when she can either return to the airport where she came from or divert to an alternate airport. Standard procedure.

2. Two captains don't usually fly an aircraft at the same time, it's almost unheard of. It's usually a captain and a first officer. Ever heard of you can't have two captains in one ship?

3. In the event of the situation as described above (if true) it's the captain who sits on the left who takes charge of the aircraft, the pictures you posted apparently has two captains meaning that they didn't operate that flight.

4. How did the passengers in the CABIN see how she landed the aircraft abi is there a live feed from the cockpit to the cabin?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by NightHawke: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2016
@Boeing777pilot
Nice questions. Sage travels; over to you?
Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by SageTravels: 1:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Oky
Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by SageTravels: 1:24am On Jun 26, 2016
NightHawke:
@Boeing777pilot
Nice questions. Sage travels; over to you?

See below.
Re: Air Zimbabwe Pilot Receives Standing Ovation From Passengers. by SageTravels: 1:25am On Jun 26, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Hmmmmmm

OP, There are many holes in this your story oh!

1. It doesn't make sense to battle to land a plane for over an hour in BAD weather in three attempts when she can either return to the airport where she came from or divert to an alternate airport. Standard procedure.

2. Two captains don't usually fly an aircraft at the same time, it's almost unheard of. It's usually a captain and a first officer. Ever heard of you can't have two captains in one ship?

3. In the event of the situation as described above (if true) it's the captain who sits on the left who takes charge of the aircraft, the pictures you posted apparently has two captains meaning that they didn't operate that flight.

4. How did the passengers in the CABIN see how she landed the aircraft abi is there a live feed from the cockpit to the cabin?

I really love your questions. Thanks for the questions.

1. The picture is showing: Captains Chipo Matimba (right) and Elizabeth Simbi Petros smile for the cameras before take-off at Harare International Airport en route to Victoria Falls last year

2. Two captains don't usually fly an aircraft at the same time. YES I AGREE with you. she snapped that picture with a colleague Captain Chipo Matimba (right) at Harare International Airport en route to Victoria Falls last year

3. According to the passenger he saw but I knew that was just imagination. just like you in Nigeria. and seeing yourself in Dubai Dhow cruise. Imagination.

4. she finally landed at the foggy Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport in Bulawayo.

5. I did not say "Over an Hour" I said "About an Hour" it does not mean it is up to an hour.

You can Google it to confirm the authenticity of the story.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Man Who Died In Fatal Accident In Delta State Caused By Police / Passengers Terrified And Stranded As Arik Air Makes Mid-air U-turn (video) / Unbelievable! This Accident Happened In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.