Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,151 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:30 PM

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! (52042 Views)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Preventing The ATM From ‘swallowing’ Your Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by spikesC(m): 1:11am On Jun 27, 2016
seyilabi:
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.

Please stop spreading this ignorant nonsense.
My pin is in the format of xyyx, which means the reverse is the same. You copy and paste uneducated people should stop spreading misinformation and security risks around the country. I bet you type Amen and RIP on Facebook posts.
Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Roseey0(f): 1:47am On Jun 27, 2016
For Zenith Bank A/c holders.
Download Zenith App
Click on Cards and Cheques
Follow the instruction.

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by davien(m): 4:15am On Jun 27, 2016
Who will you call when you and your phone are abducted?
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by adecares(f): 4:46am On Jun 27, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Story for kids.
If i can go to the ATM at Night in Chicago, i can go to any ATM in the world at anytime

Lagos is the coolest and non violent
lol
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by geraldmartins(m): 4:59am On Jun 27, 2016
Chosen1984:
JUST JOIN THE CHOSEN!!

IF THEY COME CLOSE TO YOU, DECLARE WHO YOU ARE!! NO ONE CAN ROB YOU! ITS NO JOKE!! ITS A COVENANT!

a girl was once shot 2 years ago in my school.

why?

she was busy shouting"am a chosen" instead giving armed robbers her Nokia torch light phone. she died after few minutes.

don't worry keep shouting"am a chosen"

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Adeoba10(m): 5:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Paulchris:

it will still pay you even thou the pin is reversed.....it is a security measure installed in all ATM.
Alright....
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by engrkaz(m): 5:59am On Jun 27, 2016
seyilabi:
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.
what happens if my pin is not reversible? Say 2112 or 4444? Anyways u might need to read ds quote from Diebold... A leading US ATM manufacture...

Diebold, a manufacturer of ATMs, states on their website that no such emergency alerting system is currently in use. They cite an article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch which claims bankers oppose the reverse-PIN system out of concerns that "ATM users might hesitate or fumble while trying to enter their PINs backwards under duress, possibly increasing the chances of violence." Diebold further states that they would be willing to support such technology if their customers (presumably banks) request it
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Ghost447(m): 6:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Kaybaba5:
Op this things happens everywhere not Lagos alone.
We need to be careful
Armed robbery has taken a new dimension in Nigeria especially Lagos given the abundant ATMs in Lagos, Armed robbers now visit ATMs on Friday evenings so as to forcefully collect the ATM cards and PIN codes of customers... Learn to read between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by lastpage: 6:33am On Jun 27, 2016
khalhokage:
If this is true then Union Bank customers can block their cards by using the number they used to open their accounts to text this code: BLOCKCARD>space>your account number to 20123 (BLOCKCARD 1234567890 to 20123)

You can also call Union Bank customer service on 07007007000 for help.

I'm sure other banks would have similar service you just need to find out.

Banks should publicise How to IMMEDIATELY BLOCK one's Card, in situation like this.

CBN should please look into this as our banks can become nonchalant.
There should also be a 24x7 help desk on "stolen, robbed or lost ATM cards" to BLOCK them immediately.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by glossy6(f): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2016
bukiboy:

All banks have 24hrs customer service, if you find yourself in that situation all you need to do is call your bank to block your card.

If they have their numbers nah.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by God2man(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2016
A timely information.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by chimauga(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Crimes every where in lagos,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by mildflame: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2016
Good INFO but STUPID headline
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Peacefulgold(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Tanx for d info....
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by specialmati(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2016
Reason while I don't use atm cards
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Akanniade(m): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2016
You can block your card/ account any day of the week. I have blocked a card on a sunday evening. Just call customer care e.g zenith direct.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Olaoluwa66(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Thank God I live in Ikoyi and not lagos
What's this one saying
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by murmee: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2016
I think future ATM machines should be redesigned in a way that a thumb print identification should be the first thing before inputting the PIN numbers. If the thumb print is rejected, you cannot proceed. Period.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Puresolutions: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2016
wink smiley
seyilabi:

Isn't this fantastic But what if the robbers read this article too ?

If a pin is 2345 for example and you tell them 5432... a smart guy could say i sabi am and reverse it back entering 2345 again..

Or wat do you think guys ? it's not a fool proof methodology for smart profs like us.. grin cheesy grin I hope i didnt just inspire someone in the reverse way o

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Puresolutions:
wink smiley

Isn't this fantastic But what if the robbers read this article too ?

If a pin is 2345 for example and you tell them 5432... a smart guy could say i sabi am and reverse it back entering 2345 again..

Or wat do you think guys ? it's not a fool proof methodology for smart profs like us.. grin cheesy grin I hope i didnt just inspire someone in the reverse way o

receive sense in arm-robber name

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by BABANGBALI: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Olaoluwa66:
What's this one saying
I said I live in Ikoyi and not lagos
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by columbus007(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mskrisx:

Lwkmdd
cheesy
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
A BIG LIE! AS FAR YOU ARE A CHOSEN INDEED! NOT CHOSEN BY STICKER! A CHOSEN THAT FOLLOWS WHAT MY FATHER, PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA TEACHES, NO ROBBER, EVIL, ANIMAL ,WHATEVER CAN HURT U! GO ASK THE NIGERIAN POLICE! EVEN WOMEN IN THE LORDS CHOSEN COLLECT GUNS FROM ARMED DARE DEVIL ROBBERS! ITS A COVENANT! ITS EITHER YOU ARE A CHOSEN AND YOU ARE SAFE OR YOU ARE NOT AND YOU ARE MESSED UP
geraldmartins:

why?

she was busy shouting"am a chosen" instead giving armed robbers her Nokia torch light phone. she died after few minutes.

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
geraldmartins:

why?

A BIG LIE! AS FAR YOU ARE A CHOSEN INDEED! NOT CHOSEN BY STICKER! A CHOSEN THAT FOLLOWS WHAT MY FATHER, PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA TEACHES, NO ROBBER, EVIL, ANIMAL ,WHATEVER CAN HURT U! GO ASK THE NIGERIAN POLICE! EVEN WOMEN IN THE LORDS CHOSEN COLLECT GUNS FROM ARMED DARE DEVIL ROBBERS! ITS A COVENANT! ITS EITHER YOU ARE A CHOSEN AND YOU ARE SAFE OR YOU ARE NOT AND YOU ARE MESSED UP
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Chosen1984:

so in other words

if one is a chosen he is safe
if one is not a chosen then there are 2 things involved ryte
undecided

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by BushDoctor123: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
murmee:
I think future ATM machines should be redesigned in a way that a thumb print identification should be the first thing before inputting the PIN numbers. If the thumb print is rejected, you cannot proceed. Period.
This might warrant thieves cutting off the thumb of the victim an go along with it for further withdrawal. Naija thieves are heartless.
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by geraldmartins(m): 5:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Chosen1984:

keep deceiving ursef...
I pity d day u will c armed robbers and start shouting am a chosen instead of giving them Ur gadgets nd move on wit Ur life
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Young Man, YOU ARE TOOO LITTLE TO BE LITTLE THE GOD OF CHOSEN AND THE CHOSEN PEOPLE. IN THE COMING DAYS, YOU WILL HAVE AN ENCOUNTER! MY ADVICE TO YOU IS THAT YOU BECOME A CHOSEN AND DECLARE YOURSELF A CHOSEN BEFORE IT COMES!
geraldmartins:

keep deceiving ursef...
I pity d day u will c armed robbers and start shouting am a chosen instead of giving them Ur gadgets nd move on wit Ur life
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by geraldmartins(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Chosen1984:
Young Man, YOU ARE TOOO LITTLE TO BE LITTLE THE GOD OF CHOSEN AND THE CHOSEN PEOPLE. IN THE COMING DAYS, YOU WILL HAVE AN ENCOUNTER! MY ADVICE TO YOU IS THAT YOU BECOME A CHOSEN AND DECLARE YOURSELF A CHOSEN BEFORE IT COMES!

have encountered them more than three times, I simply gave my gadgets and money, believe me , each time I lost any will always get a beta one in less than a month.
I believe in the almighty God not in "God of chosen a.k.a God of Lazarus", he has been there for me, protected me more than u can comprehend.
I don't need to put on d green stuffs u guys believe dat it's bullet proof for his protection neither will I challenge an armed robber nor soak a white handkerchief in water wen sick.

U have been totally brainwashed. U need Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New International Building Materials Market In Enugu South LGA (Pictures) / Learn A Skills Or Handwork Today And Start Your Business This Year / Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.