Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,964 members, 7,949,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? (815 Views)

Photos Of The Python Nigerian Soldiers Killed Today / The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Respect Zebra Crossing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
A service pistol is a weapon usually worn on the body or waist usually in a holster in order to permit immediate use. It is a secondary weapon used as a backup to the primary weapon and used in tight corners as one cannot carry a long rifle to move in a door to door position.
Soldiers and policemen on duty are supposed to carry service pistols.

Reports of inadequate weapons and worn out weapons had been made to the media by the soldiers on the frontlines. Having a pistol can assist a soldier when he is dry on ammunitions to his primary weapon.

Instead of being defenseless while having a long rifle while not wait for backup while protecting your self with your pistol.

A friend of mine was killed in Bama two years ago. He went to war with three magazines. He was cornered at a spot and his rifle jammed due to excess shooting. Before he could wait for backup, he was shot countless times. Now tell me. If he had a secondary weapon that could go at least 50m, Wouldn't he have defended himself? He would have stayed at his corner and be taking down the insurgents one by one. That is just a tip of the iceberg of what's happening to our service men.

Secondly, if i were to pass through a tunnel to another area in a hostile territory. Will you except me to carry my AK-47 while crawling? Of cause flinging my AK to the back and carrying my pistol is more preferable and it will enable me move faster.

If i were cornered and i exhausted my primary weapon ammunitions. Am i supposed to stay there until i'm caught? What if i had three minutes before backup comes and one minute before enemy comes whereas my AK-47's ammunition is exhausted. What will i do?

We could save more lives out there. Our soldiers are not chickens.

P.S Primary weapon is known as the main weapon i.e AK47. While the secondary weapon is a backup weapon like the glock17, beretta m9 and other pistols.

I ask again. WHY DON'T NIGERIAN SOLDIERS USE SERVICE PISTOLS?

Oga Seun
Lalasticlala
Obinnau
Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? by Lamzee(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2016
just hearing this
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? by FirstCounsel(m): 11:50am On Jun 27, 2016
Very thoughtful. Hope we get informed opinions here
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? by Obinnau(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2016
that's good for thought. But then our institutions (military inclusive) believe in doing things the way they used to be. Can't say if mediocrity runs in our blood, but then the men that controls our resources don't bloody much care because they are not the ones under fire.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Soldiers Use Service Pistols? by LordAzubuike(f): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Perfectdanny:
A service pistol is a weapon usually worn on the body or waist usually in a holster in order to permit immediate use. It is a secondary weapon used as a backup to the primary weapon and used in tight corners as one cannot carry a long rifle to move in a door to door position.
Soldiers and policemen on duty are supposed to carry service pistols.

Reports of inadequate weapons and worn out weapons had been made to the media by the soldiers on the frontlines. Having a pistol can assist a soldier when he is dry on ammunitions to his primary weapon.

Instead of being defenseless while having a long rifle while not wait for backup while protecting your self with your pistol.

A friend of mine was killed in Bama two years ago. He went to war with three magazines. He was cornered at a spot and his rifle jammed due to excess shooting. Before he could wait for backup, he was shot countless times. Now tell me. If he had a secondary weapon that could go at least 50m, Wouldn't he have defended himself? He would have stayed at his corner and be taking down the insurgents one by one. That is just a tip of the iceberg of what's happening to our service men.

Secondly, if i were to pass through a tunnel to another area in a hostile territory. Will you except me to carry my AK-47 while crawling? Of cause flinging my AK to the back and carrying my pistol is more preferable and it will enable me move faster.

If i were cornered and i exhausted my primary weapon ammunitions. Am i supposed to stay there until i'm caught? What if i had three minutes before backup comes and one minute before enemy comes whereas my AK-47's ammunition is exhausted. What will i do?

We could save more lives out there. Our soldiers are not chickens.

P.S Primary weapon is known as the main weapon i.e AK47. While the secondary weapon is a backup weapon like the glock17, beretta m9 and other pistols.

I ask again. WHY DON'T NIGERIAN SOLDIERS USE SERVICE PISTOLS?

Oga Seun
Lalasticlala
Obinnau
Obinoscopy
They do. But only the generals have access to that. I mean starting from brigadier general, major general, lieutenant general, major general up to full general.

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is Nigeria's Problem In Electricity Generation? / How To Effectively Control Your Anger / List Your 5 Favorite Nairalanders And Why You Like Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.