Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,738 members, 7,875,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful (1586 Views)

What's This Sister Saying? I'm Not Really Understanding(pics) / See The Lovely Pre-wedding Photos That Got People Talking (black is beautiful) / Black Is Really Beautiful.my Younger Sis Just Proved It Wit Dis Pic 18+. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2016
South Africa is marketed to the world as Mandela's rainbow nation, where everyone is proud of their race and heritage. But for some black South Africans there is such a thing as being too black.

A recent study by the University of Cape Town suggests that one woman in three in South Africa bleaches her skin. The reasons for this are as varied as the cultures in this country but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

Local musician Nomasonto "Mshoza" Mnisi, now several shades lighter, says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident.

She has been widely criticised in the local media and social networking sites for her appearance but the 30-year-old says skin-bleaching is a personal choice, no different from breast implants or a having nose job.

In many parts of Africa and Asia, lighter-skinned woman are considered more beautiful, are believed to be more successful and more likely to find marriage.

The origin of this belief in Africa is not clear, but researchers have linked it to Africa's colonial history where white skin was the epitome of beauty.

Some have also suggested that people from "brown nations" around the world tended to look down upon dark-skinned people.

The World Health Organization has reported that Nigerians are the highest users of bleaching products: 77% of Nigerian women use the products on a regular basis. They are followed by Togo with 59%; South Africa with 35%; and Mali at 25%.

This, however, has installed the idea that black isn't beautiful.

If you like, result to insults and name calling instead of intellectual debate, you would be banned.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by fkpboss: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2016
There are two phones : Samsung S7 and iPhone 6, because I prefer Samsung S7 to the iPhone doesn't mean that iPhone is not beautiful

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
fkpboss:
There are two phones : Samsung S7 and iPhone 6, because I prefer Samsung S7 to the iPhone doesn't mean that iPhone is not beautiful

Sir, I'm sure you didn't read the thread. No part of the article mentioned 'I don't like black' or 'I prefer white' undecided

Nigerians.. smh

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Strahovski1(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Lol grin
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Nazaretha(m): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:
South Africa is marketed to the world as Mandela's rainbow nation, where everyone is proud of their race and heritage. But for some black South Africans there is such a thing as being too black.

A recent study by the University of Cape Town suggests that one woman in three in South Africa bleaches her skin. The reasons for this are as varied as the cultures in this country but most people say they use skin-lighteners because they want "white skin".

Local musician Nomasonto "Mshoza" Mnisi, now several shades lighter, says her new skin makes her feel more beautiful and confident.

She has been widely criticised in the local media and social networking sites for her appearance but the 30-year-old says skin-bleaching is a personal choice, no different from breast implants or a having nose job.

In many parts of Africa and Asia, lighter-skinned woman are considered more beautiful, are believed to be more successful and more likely to find marriage.

The origin of this belief in Africa is not clear, but researchers have linked it to Africa's colonial history where white skin was the epitome of beauty.

Some have also suggested that people from "brown nations" around the world tended to look down upon dark-skinned people.

The World Health Organization has reported that Nigerians are the highest users of bleaching products: 77% of Nigerian women use the products on a regular basis. They are followed by Togo with 59%; South Africa with 35%; and Mali at 25%.

This, however, has installed the idea that black isn't beautiful.

If you like, result to insults and name calling instead of intellectual debate, you would be banned.
Ah ah! I forgot Seun is courting your elder sister, Mr White. Ban ko, banner ni.

Meanwhile, black is beautiful. If your mum was black, you'd understand.

2 Likes

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by ForeverYoung197(f): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Oh OK. So what's with these white ladies you really like about OP?

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2016
Nazaretha:

Ah ah! I forgot Seun is courting your elder sister, Mr White. Ban ko, banner ni.

Meanwhile, black is beautiful. If your mum was black, you'd understand.

1. I have no sister.

2. Can you tell me what makes black beautiful? No wonder many of you are still in 200level at 24.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
Oh OK. So what's with these white ladies you really like about OP?

Didn't you learn debate in school? Did I mention anywhere in this article that I like white ladies?

OK is all you have to say to the article then ask me what I like about white ladies. Smh for you. It's only no bra and no pant day you know. Simple intellectual debate you cannot pull off

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by osesology(m): 11:11am On Jun 28, 2016
Whether black, white, brown, yellow...they all have their own kinds of beauty.

3 Likes

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Lol
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by opeaceo: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

1. I have no sister.

2. Can you tell me what makes black beautiful? No wonder many of you are still in 200level at 24.

Black is beautiful because he thinks so, do you have any problem with that?

Honestly, Se_un needs to start charging people for threads created, maybe, just maybe the number of senseless_ thread would reduce.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Nazaretha(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

1. I have no sister.

Now, who's been a racist?

Seun Osewa owns this forum; Nelson Mandela was black; Obama is black; I am black.

Get these facts straight in to your white cranium and leave the issue be.

By the way, I read you guys do ìncest. Hope your dad hasn't torn your as$hole. Also, how many cats have you now had sex with?

Gerrarahere!

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Black is beautiful because he thinks so, do you have any problem with that?

Honestly, Se_un needs to start charging people for threads created, maybe, just maybe the number of senseless_ thread would reduce.

1. Because he thinks so doesn't make black beautiful. He should bring facts. I gathered facts around from reliable sources to produce my article he can do the same. That's a debate. You don't say you think so. Chai

2. Even if Seun charge to create thread I would still create thread. I'm a member of some forte forums whereby you pay weekly to be a member so it's no big deal
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by ForeverYoung197(f): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

Didn't you learn debate in school? Did I mention anywhere in this article that I like white ladies?

OK is all you have to say to the article then ask me what I like about white ladies. Smh for you. It's only no bra and no pant day you know. Simple intellectual debate you cannot pull off

I wasn't debating with you in the first place. It was asking a simple question. But you so mean like a dragon wailing out of nowhere. Simple question you cannot pull off. Chai! Nigerian guy!
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by opeaceo: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

1. Because he thinks so doesn't make black beautiful. He should bring facts. I gathered facts around from reliable sources to produce my article he can do the same. That's a debate. You don't say you think so. Chai

2. Even if Seun charge to create thread I would still create thread. I'm a member of some forte forums whereby you pay weekly to be a member so it's no big deal

It is called preference, He said black is beautiful, whether the facts are from Saturn or hell, he said black is beautiful to him.

And for you being a member of bla bla bla, Who cares?? Do I look or sound like I care??
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by gbens2000(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2016
ForeverYoung197:

I wasn't debating with you in the first place. It was asking a simple question. But you so mean like a dragon wailing out of nowhere. Simple question you cannot pull off. Chai! Nigerian guy!
hello bae,ur dp so funny.hw u doing this morning.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by foolinlove(f): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2016
The title of the thread is WHERE black is not beautiful.

Study conducted in South Africa. Which has a history of apartheid and monstrous racism.

Even though apartheid is over, many link white skin with success, due to the lasting bad attitudes toward black ppl - meaning white ppl still enjoy many privileges over black ppl.

Maybe this is less to do with beauty (which is in the eye of the beholder) and has more to do with racism. Black ppl feel they can't be successful in that particular country without having light skin, so they bleach in a desperate attempt to enjoy success via privilege.

It's sad. Black ppl are gorgeous the way they are. Everyone is gorgeous the way they were born, in the way God made them.

1 Like

Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Nazaretha(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

Cc Mynd44 , Lalasticlala rule 2 and rule 9

Obama is not black. His mother was Kenyan his father American. Seun and Mandela are two out of billions and billions of blacks out there. Not enough point sir.

Are you sick for asking that I be banned? Are they that dumb After you know why we are still in 200L at 24?

Jeez, are whites this dumb?
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by GoldenJAT(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2016
not this again... I see black girls getting married as much as fair ladies.. can we talk about something better now?
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by ForeverYoung197(f): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2016
gbens2000:
hello bae,ur dp so funny.hw u doing this morning.

Thank you. That was a multitasking job you know. But I am fine and hope you are as well kiss
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by gbens2000(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2016
ForeverYoung197:

Thank you. That was a multitasking job you know. But I am fine and hope you are as well kiss
yeah,am good sweety.at work tho!.the day is kind of slow for me.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by Greene66: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Study conducted in South Africa. Which has a history of apartheid and monstrous racism.

Even though apartheid is over, many link white skin with success, due to the lasting bad attitudes toward black ppl - meaning white ppl still enjoy many privileges over black ppl.

Maybe this is less to do with beauty (which is in the eye of the beholder) and has more to do with racism. Black ppl feel they can't be successful in that particular country without having light skin, so they bleach in a desperate attempt to enjoy success via privilege.

It's sad. Black ppl are gorgeous the way they are. Everyone is gorgeous the way they were born, in the way God made them.

Lol
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by foolinlove(f): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

Lol

Why lol? You wanted debate... here it is.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by fkpboss: 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Greene66:

Sir, I'm sure you didn't read the thread. No part of the article mentioned 'I don't like black' or 'I prefer white' undecided

Nigerians.. smh
As a matter of fact, I was buttressing your point
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by PunkyV(f): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

Not true. They do it for aesthetic reasons. South Africa is not as racist as some would like to believe & the whites aren't as privileged as they used to be in their hey-days. So it's not about thinking white = success, when we have affirmative action in place & other means to make sure that blacks do succeed eg. black economic empowerment, NSFAS etc. In fact, I think blacks have more privilege since 1994 because we have a lot of catching up to do since our needs were overlooked during Apartheid. Being black in South Africa today is an advantage, eg. free housing, bursaries, etc.
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by foolinlove(f): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
PunkyV:

Not true. They do it for aesthetic reasons. South Africa is not as racist as some would like to believe & the whites aren't as privileged as they used to be in their hey-days. So it's not about thinking white = success, when we have affirmative action in place & other means to make sure that blacks do succeed eg. black economic empowerment, NSFAS etc. In fact, I think blacks have more privilege since 1994 because we have a lot of catching up to do since our needs were overlooked during Apartheid. Being black in South Africa today is an advantage.

I stand corrected.

She wanted debate though. Then ran away...
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by PunkyV(f): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
foolinlove:

I stand corrected.

She wanted debate though. Then ran away...

Seems to be her MO, the paan chewing scum grin
Re: Where Black Is Not Really Beautiful by foolinlove(f): 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
PunkyV:

Seems to be her MO, the paan chewing scum grin

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

What you don't know about sex / Main Reason Why You Shouldn't Patronise Prostitutes / Pastor Claims She Has Spirit Husband. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.