Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,272 members, 7,923,288 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:24 PM

Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun (972 Views)

FG To Stop Workers Salaries Over Payroll System Default / Why We Bought N3.6bn Exotic Cars During Recession –reps / Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Godbest(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun
Channels Television.
Updated June 27, 2016

The Federal Government says it has saved 6.6 billion Naira on its payroll since November 2015.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, made the claim on Monday while giving a brief on the activities of the Efficiency Unit (E-UNIT) approved by President Muhammadu Buhari last November.

“On salaries, we’ve cleaned our payroll. As at last week, we had reduced our payroll amount by 6.6 billion Naira between when I started work in November and today.”

Cutting Cost

Speaking on Sunrise Daily, Mrs Adeosun told Nigerians to expect more civil servant protests, saying that the workers were reacting to government’s unpopular decisions.

She restated the government’s commitment to cutting cost of running the affairs of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

“By the nature of the job at the moment, I am cutting cost, I am taking people off the payroll (and) I am reviewing projects.”

The Finance Minister added that the implementation of the policy was across board (at both lower and higher cadre of the public sector), saying it would be unfair if it affects the junior workers only

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/06/27/payroll-has-gone-down-by-6-6bn-naira-adeosun/

Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by tolustx(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
We are in an administration in Nigeria in which we take news with a pinch of salt. Looking at the integrity this 6.6b Naira reduction, I will say it wasn't money that was being paid to civil servants. I guess some politicians were paying themselves huge amounts and that is what could have been cut off. Nigeria cannot have ghost workers whose salaries will amount to up to 6.6 billion Naira.
My thoughts though...

3 Likes

Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by daprince098(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nice one. Keeping it up Adeosun
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by ojun50(m): 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
Na so them talk, the remain money go enter voicemail.

Nd some people go they happy.
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by rose54321: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
If true then Increase the f.ucking salary structure.

Do you know how frustrating it is for the masses to continually hear of how you saved billions by reducing the wage bill, blocking loopholes, etc etc and yet no commensurate effect on the standard living of the average man.

1 Like

Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by JBismarck(m): 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Welldone
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Boring: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
they should better put the money to good use o..not later we go hear say money don get leg waka...

1 Like

Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by predear(m): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nice one. Keep it up
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by 989900: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
rose54321:
If true then Increase the f.ucking salary structure.

Do you know how frustrating it is for the masses to continually hear of how you saved billions by reducing the wage bill, blocking loopholes, etc etc and yet no commensurate effect on the standard living of the average man.

#truth

Workers deserve a raise . . . dollar, pump prices, and general inflation killed their salaries already.
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Nellybii: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is gooood news!
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
6.6bn naira saved for another set of yam eaters to consume...
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Godbest(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
I have 2 things to say to the government
1. increase the salary of all workers
2. Make sure the Nigeria Military personnel are all integrated into the E- payment system of the Federal Government

#nomorethirdpartypayment of salary. that corruption
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by omowolewa: 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Recruit o
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by spako4(m): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wailers,what is your defense?
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by spako4(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wailers,what is your defense?
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Chocho4real(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Replace these ghost workers with unemployed graduates/youths, you have the funds already to pay them. Can any of our leaders ever think straight?
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by NaijaEfcc: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
propaganda government!!
Re: Payroll Has Gone Down By 6.6bn Naira – Adeosun by Davepal: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Not even a fan of Buhari, but when sees how things are gradually working out, and falling into shape. I have to applaud them & accept for once that His administation really has a plan and meant good to Nigerians irrespective of your region. Lets give them the needed support to see more of their works.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ize Iyamu #takethefuture Rated No. 1 Hashtag On Twitter / See What Change Has Caused In Our Society (pic) / FRSC Responds To An 'embarrassing Viral Photo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.