Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,049 members, 7,919,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:49 AM

'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa (2750 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members / Unconfirmed: Soldiers On Rampage In Ogoni After Militants Killed Some Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by bawomolo(m): 3:34am On Sep 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

Since these militants were so good at militancy, why didn't the FG just convert them to the Nigerian Army and send them out on different rescue and peace-keeping missions. That'd have stopped them from regrouping and they'd still be earning without the government having to pay out money to jobless criminals

Integrating them into the Nigerian army where they are hated won't be easy. They can as best be turned into some security agency in the region.

The best solution would be to disarm these people.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by TheSeeker(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2009
bawomolo:

Integrating them into the Nigerian army where they are hated won't be easy. They can as best be turned into some security agency in the region.

I don't think they can be disarmed. Do you honestly think they came out with at least 30% of their arsenal? In my opinion, they came out with less than 20%. These guys are so sophisticated. Why I suggested the Nigerian Army was, if they are inducted, they will have to be sent to different locations, different barracks in different states; this will halt contacts among them and reduce regrouping.

If a security agency is made out of them in that region, they're still leaving them with a bright opportunity to further drum up their militancy. However, I think the government can broker a sort of deal and come to a common agreement with these top officials of the military, so hatred for them will be slightly out of the way as they will be trained by specific officials.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Nezan(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2009
I have always maintained that no serious weapon was surrendered by the millitants, BTW, they are threatening more attacks with the weapons that were not surrendered.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by la1(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

I don't think they can be disarmed. Do you honestly think they came out with at least 30% of their arsenal? In my opinion, they came out with less than 20%. These guys are so sophisticated. Why I suggested the Nigerian Army was, if they are inducted, they will have to be sent to different locations, different barracks in different states; this will halt contacts among them and reduce regrouping.

If a security agency is made out of them in that region, they're still leaving them with a bright opportunity to further drum up their militancy. However, I think the government can broker a sort of deal and come to a common agreement with these top officials of the military, so hatred for them will be slightly out of the way as they will be trained by specific officials.

@THE seeker, i am with you on this one.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by erico2k2(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2009
Well thesame Old problem still looms, the Fed Govt aint true to thier words,somebody has played smart here and the rest of the country are about to suffer cos of this single act,well the only reason the Fed Govt adopted this amnesty deal in the first place is cos the rest of the world where presurizing them to sort the problem cos it kept i ncreasing global Oil prices,ie countries like china who depend on it and has non,they should pay up the money owed these guys quickly, even in the advance world like the UK, gues what would happen if the Govt stop paying Benefit to Jobseekers.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by GEW: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2009
erico2k2:

Well thesame Old problem still looms, the Fed Govt aint true to thier words,somebody has played smart here and the rest of the country are about to suffer cos of this single act,well the only reason the Fed Govt adopted this amnesty deal in the first place is cos the rest of the world where presurizing them to sort the problem cos it kept i ncreasing global Oil prices,ie countries like china who depend on it and has non,they should pay up the money owed these guys quickly, even in the advance world like the UK, gues what would happen if the Govt stop paying Benefit to Jobseekers.
nigeria never learn anything. the UK govt literally gave everything the IRA needed so long as they stopped the bombing. these idiots rulling nigeria would rather the country was burning so long as they remain in power.
bawomolo:

any example of where this happened in the world before?
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by utotomixxx(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2009
@The Seeker, the militants are not criminals, they are just examples of the war or coup that will soon take place in Nigeria. Who Knows how many more years it will take before the coup or civil war takes place
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Oluschenco(m): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2009
The return match will be worse when compared to the former cool
Federal Government, warning, danger ahead
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by chosen04(f): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
kosovo:

i actually watched the protest.
but. but. if i said there was no hope for Nigeria, some people would still disagree with me.
speechless,

@KOSOVO, NOT IF YOU SAY THERE IS NO HOPE FOR nIGERIA!!!. JUST SAY IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE SAID."THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION CALLED nIGERIA.

Pls dont ask me why i keep writing it as "nIGERIA". I dont even believe in her FORCED UNITY.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by GeorgeD1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
those praying for a war better get ready because they will be the first
to be conscripted. when you taste war first hand then you'll know the
full meaning of that word. if you're lucky to survive, you'll run several
miles whenever anyboby mentions war to your hearing!
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Ehoi: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
George_D:

I believe you should direct your sermon on those in government because they are fanning the embers of war.
There is so much human can take before they fight back and don't care if they die.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by TheSeeker(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
utotomixxx:

@The Seeker, the militants are not criminals, they are just examples of the war or coup that will soon take place in Nigeria. Who Knows how many more years it will take before the coup or civil war takes place
They are criminals by all indications. What war, against the government? The only thing they have succeeded doing is contaminating their own environment.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by agitator: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2009
Ehoi:

I believe you should direct your sermon on those in government because they are fanning the embers of war.
There is so much human can take before they fight back and don't care if they die.

100000000000000000000000000% support the above.

It's only people who are comfortable that preach this

George_D:

but remember that there is a limit. even elastic has a limit you can stretch it to.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by dbaptist1(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
DATS A BAD EXAMPLE D FEDS ARE LEAVING AND IT WILL COME BACK AND HUNT THEM
WAT A WASTEFUL COUNTRY.
these people are supposed 2be recruited and placed as security men or unskilled oil workers in dat region but c expatriates are still doing d job
WAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 11, 2009
FOR!!

It's rather fortunate that the Federal Government are willing and of utmost sincerity to fulfill her term and part of the forehand agreement i.e. Embarking on a straightway rapid general development in ND, redefining of basic infrastructure, social amenities, educational empowerment, agriculture capacity building and above all rehabilitate and restore lost hopes of Niger Delta YoutH. But it is unfortunate for the ND. angry
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by hafeesa: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
ebere1712: Why should someone claiming to fight for the masses as a militant request money for himself. Nigerians wouldn't seize to amaze me. I mean if u are a Niger Delta militant, you should fight for the people, not for urselve(even armed robbers in Nigeria can claim to be victims of the government's mismanagement of the country). If their is any real militant, he/she shd start demanding that jobs be created for the masses(instead of waiting for foreign investment), and public infrastructures maintained and upgraded. That's the job of a militant. I mean, I don't blame anybody for trying to cut his own national cake in this nit wit called Nigeria, but they shd pls stop making militancy look like a crime. Mandela was a militant, martin Luther king was a militant, ojukwu was a militant, zik was a militant, 2pac shakur was a militant. These are respectable people that fought along side and for their people. So if Mend and their leadership want to be remembered as militants and not criminals, they shd start acting like respectable people and stop demanding money for themselves. They shd rather demand things like social security and free education for the niger delta people . As for the Nigerian government, I think we can all agree that they are all bunch of criminals.

I agree with most of your points. There's a thin line between being a militant and being a criminal. All the money they made from their criminal activities were not in any way used to correct the wrongs they so nagged about in their region. They lived like kings while the region still remained poor. They never made any donations to communities. They did absolutely nothing for their region except terrorise it. They should stop talking about advocating for anything, that's just propaganda they used to get their people to support them. They are purely crminals. If they have problems with the millions the government has decided to pay them, they should probably arrange a meeting with Tompolo who Jonathan decided to grant the contract of patrolling our waterways, or Asari Dokubo who practically maintains a permanent residence in the villa. Or have these 'leaders' forgotten them now that they've become pallys with Jonathan? Bunch of ignorant miscreants! They've been used and forgotten and now their lower - level leaders are syphoning their pay-offs? Really sad when criminals can't trust their fellow criminals. . .isn't it?
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ceaz4r(m): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
TheSeeker: Since these militants were so good at militancy, why didn't the FG just convert them to the Nigerian Army and send them out on different rescue and peace-keeping missions. That'd have stopped them from regrouping and they'd still be earning without the government having to pay out money to jobless criminals

Very cool thinking there!!

But I don't know about them being called criminals. I know them as Militants.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by 175(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
chidyke77: Fed.govt is making a big mistake wt ds militants and the worst wl com if d go bk 2 d creeks again.
I thot d reached an agreement while d breach again. Na wao o!

if i slap u. . . . . .ur nyash!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ateke Tom Accepts Presidential Amnesty Offer. / edit / Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.