Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,697 members, 7,932,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:10 PM

ASUU May Call Off Strike. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU May Call Off Strike. (19434 Views)

ASUU May Call-Off Strike Next Week / ASUU May Call Off Strike On Tuesday. / ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by Ralvy(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
While I really want to see that the strike is called off pretty soon. I'm afraid the economical and educational system in the country is pretty much ineffective now, I'm considering a switch. Perhaps, a private university or some near by decent county. Malaysia or something :-s
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by playahP(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2009
I HAVE NOTHING BUT PITY FOR THE CURRENT GENERATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS,

ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS HOPE THAT GOD WILL COME FROM HEAVEN TO HELP YOU PEOPLE, HAHAHAH,
IF THIS WAS DURING MY TIME, NIGERIA FOR DON ROCK,

I PITY UNA
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by shylladear(f): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2009
@poster
how far now ASUU never call of their strike or where did u get ur own news from

plz just be very sure before u post anything and stop giving us high B.P
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2009
From the feelers am getting students should be back in the campus latest OCTOBER.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by palermo: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2009
go find work for Apapa tongue embarassed lipsrsealed grin
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by b0y(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2009
Just heard on LivingSpring FM 104.5 there won't be resumption until january 2010.Weeeeeell i'm happy cos i can continue my tailoring work.:-D
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by kokoA(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2009
shylladear:

@poster
how far now ASUU never call of their strike or where did u get your own news from

plz just be very sure before u post anything and stop giving us high B.P

Do you listen to news at all? The poster was not wrong. It was on the news late last week that prominient traditional rulers  in the country (they also double as pro chancellors of Universities if you don't know), after their meeting with the two parties involved in this disagreement (FG and ASUU), they concluded that negotiations should continue with immediate effect but ASUU should call off the strike before 11th (which is today).

The fact that ASUU have not yeilded to their advice does not mean that the poster was wrong for posting ok?
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by estagirl(f): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2009
http://www.tribune.com.ng/11092009/news/news5.html

FG set to meet ASUU, SSANU, NASU over strike

Soji-Eze Fagbemi, Abuja - 11.09.2009

The Federal Government said on Thursday that it was ready to commence the suspended negotiation with the striking universities workers, under the three major trade unions within the system – the Academic Staff Association of Universities (ASUU), Senior Staff Association of Universities (SSANU) and the Non- Academic Staff Union of Universities (SSANU).

The government made known its intention, even as it declared that increasing and massive unemployment as well as insecurity situation in the country were posing serious challenges to the present administration.

Speaking during the 2009 Ministerial Press Briefing of the Ministry of Labour Employment and Productivity, the Minister of Labour, Prince Adetokunbo Kayode, said the government was desirous to negotiate with ASUU, SSANU and NASU, so that they would immediately go back to classes.

Prince Kayode explained that the government was determined to do this so that the students would be able to go back to school and complete their 2008/2009 academic session on time.

The minister regretted that while the private universities have already completed the 2008/2009 academic session and started the 2009/2010 session, those in government universities have not even known when the 2008/2009 would be completed, while they have been at home for three months.

He pointed out that the issue of ASUU had become an intractable one, adding that the way and manner the Federal Government had handled it because of the command structure of the past was now hunting the government.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2009
Point of correction; some select traditional rulers double as "chancellors" not "pro chancellors" of universities.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by eazybuzy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
hope soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2009
BREAKING NEWS - the agreement to be signed on monday in Abuja by the president himself.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by delejames(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2009
otokx:

BREAKING NEWS - the agreement to be signed on monday in Abuja by the president himself.

Reporting for

AIT NEWS
Otokx
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by esonuu(m): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
@denony!! since you have squandered your fees, i suggest u start doing AGBRO work so that you will be able to raise your fees before they call off the strike
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by Nezan(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
rumour No.2, lol grin
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by RUBRICS(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hmmn. . . God av mercy oooooooooooo 'cos all these rumour sef fit giv person heart attack
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
man sef don tire.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by RUBRICS(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2009
otokx:

man sef don tire.

how man no go tire for all these sef! sad sad angry
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
The NEC of ASUU will have a meeting by the weekend; either it will bring the BEST of news or the very WORST.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by RUBRICS(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
Otokx I beg, hoping for the best not the very worst
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by delejames(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
I thought you said YAR'ADUA would sign the agreement yesterday?
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
My brother things have changed since yesterday; its so SAD.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by estagirl(f): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2009
so is the out come worst or better??
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by ddayo4real: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
it's high time FG out and reasoning wit ASSU representatives, A enough of keeping students at home,
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2009
WHY ARE STUDENTS COMPLAINING WHEN THEY CAN START UP BUSINESSES WHILE THE STRIKE LAST, AFTER ALL AMERICAN VISA LOTTERY WILL SOON START?

PLS LETS GO START SOMETHING,
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by kosovo(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2009
any one thinking ASUU would call off the strike is obviously DUMB!
there is no end in site, and it's no longer a 3 months strike but INDEFINITE,
but m guessing it would be called off, sumwhere around march next year!
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by Tudor6(f): 10:35am On Sep 17, 2009
^^^
Ha ha ha very funny!
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by tydot: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2009
I'll be one of the happiest people on earth, if ASU really means calling off this so called strike next week.Cos asu has really bleeped my plans up. but i pray they wont keep fucking up.so lets keep our fingers crossed and see what happens by next week.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by otokx(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
Next week is not far.
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by estagirl(f): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
Next week no de finish oh
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by MATHOLOGY: 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
anyway, you pple are just disturbing yourselves over ASUU strike and the FG , let's just keep praying that God should intervene to this matter.
Polytechnics ,Technical Schools and FCE are there ,you can obtain direct entry form to into these options
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by NATTYJAE: 6:38am On Jul 18, 2013
You said 11th, and the strive hasnt been call-off...today is 18th oo. So it was a rumor. abi? Anyway it all helps
Re: ASUU May Call Off Strike. by Yaungdee(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2013
NATTYJAE: You said 11th, and the strive hasnt been call-off...today is 18th oo. So it was a rumor. abi? Anyway it all helps
Mumu can't u see its year 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 / Admission At Federal School Of Dental Technology And Therapy Enugu State / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.