Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Parameters For Front Page - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Parameters For Front Page (283 Views)

Hw Do U Feel Wen Ur Topic Mkes Front Page on nairaland Nd Do Nt Wen It Suppose? / Why Is The Whole Front Page All About Sex / Why Is The Front-page Starved Of Topics From Romance Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parameters For Front Page by Psoul(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nairaland is a one of those social network forum that has received a very high patronage from members home and in diaspora, from Nigerians and non-Nigerians. I also believe that this Network has come to stay. I also believe it will keep enjoying the high patronage it is receiving now.

This post is mainly directed to all the Moderators in the different forum. I want to know the criteria a post should meet before been pushed to FrontPage. I know so many subscribers may have been wondering just in the same way i have been.
I want to believe that a FrontPage article should be that one that will benefit the majority of the readers. Those articles or posts that require and urgent attention depending on the forum it appeared.

Is there a number of responses required for a post to receive before it is pushed to front page irrespective of how relevant or irrelevant the post is? Are the front page post been pushed there automatically by a robot once the post received that number of responses or were they actually ranked manually?

Please I'm not trying to question how you run your business, but just need a little clarification. This is necessitated by the way most posts I or we perceived as a backyard posts are seen taking front seat at the FrontPage while many relevant ones (in my own opinion ooo) are dozing off in the cooler.

We want Nairaland to be more interesting than it is now. Seun and your crew, you guys are really doing a great job. More power to your elbows.

cc: Seun
All Moderators

(1) (Reply)

Any Professional Mywapblogger Available!need Help... / Friends / Cbn’s Monetary Policy Committee Reverses Dovish Stance: A Gamble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.