Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,687 members, 7,930,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:40 PM

A Female Oau Sug President - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Female Oau Sug President (3097 Views)

OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / A Male And Female OAU Students Die (Photos) / Female OAU Students Climb Mast To Celebrate Their Graduation(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
biolaowo:
After 5yrs in OAU I believe It will be very difficult for a lady to win.. but if she wins she can do it....It is about personality not Gender

YEAH....Biola pls come and join team FYNESTBOI.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
SWITANN:
I was having an argument with my colleagues and we were talking about the SUG oau chapter. the fact that we have had no female SUG president. I raised this question "if we were to have a female vying for that post,will they vote her in?"I won't share their comments but it was pretty negative. I mean there should be no reason why a female can't be our President, things might even be better in her tenure.
So a female SUG President " nay or yay?" comment!!! cool
Hello SWITANN, are you a Great Ife?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Ayomide93(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Well voting for a female candidate isn't even the big deal. If she has the personality and the necessary thing needed for the job, I would personal be her campaign manager and try to raise campaign funds for her.
But all in all, ladies are actually each others enemies, I won't be surprised if chunks of her gender don't vote for her. Ladies have this personality of beefing herself.
I believe voting shouldn't be gender based, that's lopsided, it should be based on good manifesto and how effectively she can deliver, because the truth is ladies in politics and government this days are more corrupt than their male counterpart.

So if in case there is a female candidate, let her come out and she might probably get the necessary back up for her campaign provided she lays down good and tangible points of why she deserves the support and the votes. Its not like the male SUG presidents are any better...
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by SWITANN(f): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ayomide93:
Well voting for a female candidate isn't even the big deal. If she has the personality and the necessary thing needed for the job, I would personal be her campaign manager and try to raise campaign funds for her.
But all in all, ladies are actually each others enemies, I won't be surprised if chunks of her gender don't vote for her. Ladies have this personality of beefing herself.
I believe voting shouldn't be gender based, that's lopsided, it should be based on good manifesto and how effectively she can deliver, because the truth is ladies in politics and government this days are more corrupt than their male counterpart.

So if in case there is a female candidate, let her come out and she might probably get the necessary back up for her campaign provided she lays down good and tangible points of why she deserves the support and the votes. Its not like the male SUG presidents are any better...

lol....nice one
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Dexema(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2016
Tolexander:
A female once contested for the post, Agenda Mama.

If I can still vividly recollect, In 2008/2009 session, she contested against Prof(Alaje), Goddey ....
yes, think you correct, as for the topic, e go hard ooo even for faj/etf/ guy to win self dey hard because they always believe Awo is the natural breeding ground for SUG presidents. I remember this was one of the sentiments used against IFEife back then that he was a quarters boy.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2016
Dexema:
yes, think you correct, as for the topic, e go hard ooo even for faj/etf/ guy to win self dey hard because they always believe Awo is the natural breeding ground for SUG presidents. I remember this was one of the sentiments used against IFEife back then that he was a quarters boy.
IFEife was seen to be more of a cool and gentle boy(mummy's boy) that would not have the physical command to lead aluta. He was well loved by the girls in moremi hall cos he is a fine boy. And you know guys(Mostly Awo boys) may never like a guy if the only acceptance he has among ladies is the handsomness. Coupled with the fact that he isn't an Awo guy(not an hostel guy also), he lost. I think he contested against Devaino, Smart, and Tolu?
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Dexema(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2016
Tolexander:
IFEife was seen to be more of a cool and gentle boy(mummy's boy) that would not have the physical command to lead aluta. He was well loved by the girls in moremi hall cos he is a fine boy. And you know girls may never like a guy if the only acceptance he has among ladies is the handsomness. Coupled with the fact that he isn't an Awo guy(not an hostel guy also), he lost. I think he contested against Devaino, Smart, and Tolu?
yes he contested against devaino, true he was seen as a "boti" guy, at the end devaino messed up with allegations of corruption and financial mismanagement, I was surprised a mature student like John Pillar
Didn't contest against him,but at the end most of them including pillar didn't impress me.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2016
Dexema:
yes he contested against devaino, true he was seen as a "boti" guy, at the end devaino messed up with allegations of corruption and financial mismanagement, I was surprised a mature student like John Pillar
Didn't contest against him,but at the end most of them including pillar didn't impress me.
I saw those guys as more of Opportunists than serious leaders.

Akinola Saburi was an unrecognized President of the SUG by the school authority. The following session, there was no election and SUG. All dem Divaino, John Pillar, Jacquez et al just grabbed the opportunity the following session without them having the real "unionism" experience.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Dexema(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2016
Tolexander:
I saw those guys as more of Opportunists than serious leaders.

Akinola Saburi was an unrecognized President of the SUG by the school authority. The following session, there was no election and SUG. All dem Divaino, John Pillar, Jacquez et al just grabbed the opportunity the following session without them having the real "unionism" experience.
hmmmm.... word! Especially that jacquez, always used to disgust me.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Tolexander: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2016
Dexema:
hmmmm.... word! Especially that jacquez, always used to disgust me.
He even contested for the SUG President without any poster.
Re: A Female Oau Sug President by Dexema(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2016
Tolexander:
He even contested for the SUG President without any poster.

Hahahahahahha! I'm sure even his room mates didn't support his candidacy. what course did u study and what year? seems you were really in the know about ife politics back den.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2007 Uniport Post-ume Final Screening Exercise / Fed Poly Nekede Post Utme 2015/2016 Form, Cut Off Mark, Exam Dates Out / Facts About Dogs That You Probably Didn't Know About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.