Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,626 members, 7,914,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women (798 Views)

6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / Teacher Divorces Her Husband Over “Unattractive Joystick” In Delta / 11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women by tweetsme(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2016
#2 Hair

The magazine says that while girls may like to do their hair in fancy styles, men would much rather their lady keep it natural, saying, ‘It’s more attractive to look at and feels nicer to touch when it’s free of gels and sticky products.’ However, that shouldn’t stop you from rocking that fishtail braid if you want to.

Millennial Lifestyle: "While a fancy hairstyle may be ok for a glamorous night out, men prefer natural-looking hair".

IMHO: I have curly hair, and I hate it. But I don't straighten my hair because I think I'll be more attractive to men... I do it because it makes me feel more confident and I honestly just like it better. So if that's not "natural" enough hair for all the boyz out there, BYE.

#3 Shaving

This one’s a bit misleading, men want women to shave, saying, ‘Men associate hair with testosterone so they don’t want to see it on a woman.’

Millennial Lifestyle: "For the love of all that's smooth -- please shave. Men associate hair with testosterone and testicles so they don't want to see it on a woman. Men like touching soft skin so say bye bye to the fuzz and make sure you use moisturizers and lotions to keep your skin smooth. It will send the message that you care about your hygiene."

IMHO: Um. If you don't have time to say "bye bye to the fuzz" don't sweat it. Especially in winter... who the Bleep cares enough to regularly shave during the winter? Just do what you're comfortable with, and don't worry about "sending a message" about your hygiene. W/e.

#4 Dental Hygiene

As if this wasn’t just a basic rule for everyone, the article felt the need to say, ‘Bad breath and discolored teeth are unattractive to the opposite gender.’

Millenial Lifestyle: "Let's face it ladies -- men look at our mouths. Bad breath and discoloured teeth are unattractive to the opposite sex. Cut down on the coffee or red wine. Use whitening toothpaste or strips to brighten your smile and ALWAYS carry gum or breath helpers in your purse. You never know when that kiss may be coming."

IMHO: Dental hygiene is important, yeah. No one wants to kiss anyone with bad breath. But at the same time, no one is judging how white your teeth are.

#5 Alcohol

Men are also apparently turned off by a woman who drinks..

Millennial Lifestyle: "Sure, a man likes to hang with a woman who knows how to have a good time but know when enough is enough. No man wants to see a woman puking in the bar bathroom or falling down on the dance floor."

IMHO: Everyone has bad nights, and usually they come from simply just having a good time. #SorryNotSorry

#6 Negativity

Millennial Lifestyle: "Men like happy, positive women. So don't complain about the lack of service at a restaurant or how long you had to wait in a line. Show your upbeat personality."

IMHO: This makes me want to scream. No. Just NO. If you're naturally a positive person, great, and if you're not, be your negative Debbie-downer self and complain about everything. We are people, not robots. Life sucks most of the time, and it's impossible to always be upbeat. Just be yourself.

#7 Swearing

While television and movies have told us that men love women who can hang with the guys but its not true...
Millennial Lifestyle: "Men like ladies with a little class so dropping the f-bomb in every sentence is a turn-off and does not show how sophisticated you really are."

Read more: :http://oinsurance.net/things-hilarious-probably-not-done-since-childhood/

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2016
True to that.
Re: Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women by kenkenny55(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
U didn't talk abt women who smokes. So that don't turn u off.
Re: Ridiculous Things That Men Apparently Find "Unattractive" About Women by UrWorstNitemare: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
cool

aleast someone here iz preaching the Gospel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Generation Will Be Fine: Why Social Media Won’t Ruin Us / Oby Ezekwesili Claps Back At Twitter User Who Criticised Her Parenting Style / 'Oldest Mother In The World' - Woman Give Birth At 64.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.