Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Block All Ads From Your Android Device Without Using Any Adblocker - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Block All Ads From Your Android Device Without Using Any Adblocker (633 Views)

Google Chrome To Block Annoying Ads From February 15 / Simple USSD Code To Block All MTN Unwanted Mobile Adverts On Your SIM / Top 8 Apps That Will Root Any Android Device Without PC 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Block All Ads From Your Android Device Without Using Any Adblocker by alaroyeibadan(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nowadays almost everyone is using Android OS. I also use android and love the OS. Since Its powered by Linux kernel and I love Linux than any other operating system. There are millions of apps & games available for android. But the problem is advertisements.

They are annoying, data consuming and most often explicit. So many of the android users usesAd blockerwhich blocks the advertisements but eats up the RAM and slows down your phone.

So, Today I’m here with an alternative way of blockingall kind of adsfrom your android phone. Please note, You need a rooted android device to apply this method.

Steps
1. Download the hostsfile by clicking here.
2.Please note the file name is justhostsnot hosts.txt or something like that.
3.Now copy and replace the file insystem/etcvia a Root File explorer. See screenshot below:
4.If replacing doesn’t works then delete the oldhostsfile first and then copy thehostsfile you have downloaded.
5.Now reboot your device, and Its done!

Conclusion
This method is tested by me and working fine on my Kitkat 4.4.2. This will block all kinds of ads from websites, apps, games and everywhere! Please be careful while you are working withsystem/etcfolder

http://www.naijabrain.com/block-ads-android-device-without-using-adblocker/

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Using Craigslist.org To Make Money / Sony Xperia Sudden Death / How Muchis The Infinix XE-02 Dual Noise Cancelling Headphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.