Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,442 members, 7,968,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:16 PM

How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship (1313 Views)

How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry? / 11 Ways To Know He Truly Loves You / I Am In Love With My Friend's Fiancé, I Know He Loves Me Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by kratosonofzeus: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Age alone doesn’t determine maturity, It sometime depends on the way you talk, act and deal about things. Knowing the signs that you’re dating someone who has yet to grow up — or worse, someone who refuses to grow up — is key in finding happiness in dating.
(He can’t make decisions)
If there’s anything more indicative of a man who doesn’t want responsibility, it’s this guy. He’s wishy- washy; he changes his mind often. He has missed lots of opportunities. These types of guys are known to call off engagements and get cold feet on their wedding day. Even worse, they could leave after you marry them. Not being able to make important decisions is a serious lack of maturity.
(He only works a summer job)
No, I don’t mean that he’s in school and works a high-paying job and saves during the summer to support himself (that’s a really good thing, actually). The type of guy I’m referring to works for only a few months a year and spends all that he earns the other nine. He finds himself broke every year, has no savings, and then goes and works odd jobs or a summer job to continue feeding his bad habits. Even worse, he may not be able to hold a job at all. This could be for many reasons, but see item number one on this list.

(He has no direction)
He’s likely dropped out of school and has held the same position at work for a long time. He gets up, goes to work, comes home, eats, sleeps, repeats. Maybe on the weekends he hits up a party or two, or he sits around playing video games with all of his spare time. Maybe he travels a lot without ever really ending up anywhere. Be careful of this man; if you are with him long-term, he will drag you down with him.
(He takes little or no responsibility for his actions)

A guy who can’t own up to his actions is definitely not mature. In the real world, we are all responsible for what we do and say, as well as what we don’t do or fail to do.

(Everything is a competition to him)

This is perhaps one the most unnecessary things a woman can consistently endure. If your man has to always be better than you, is always trying to be No. 1, and never congratulates or appreciates your successes, watch out. Competition’s companion is put-downs. If your man can’t compliment you, tell you that you’re beautiful and that he thinks you’re wonderful, then he isn’t the right kind of person; at least not yet. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out if your guy is actually an adult. He may be good at covering up his immaturity for a time, but it will come out eventually.

1 Like

Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by Juxtified(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
You people keep talking about whether the guy is matured or not, without reasoning it the other way round. Are you aware that 99.995% of Nigerian girls under 30yrs are not mature enough too for a relationship?

1 Like

Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by ajasbaba(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Juxtified:
You people keep talking about whether the guy is matured or not, without reasoning it the other way round. Are you aware that 99.995% of Nigerian girls under 30yrs are not mature enough too for a relationship?

brother i concur with you.
Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by kulobyno: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
which kain thread be this? somebody will just wake up from siesta and smoke half dried pawpaw leaves with poo stained cement paper, then the next thing to do is to open a thread in nairaland. i blame BB Curve 1 cheap data plans grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by kratosonofzeus: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
kulobyno:
which kain thread be this? somebody will just wake up from siesta and smoke half dried pawpaw leaves with poo stained cement paper, then the next thing to do is to open a thread in nairaland. i blame BB Curve 1 cheap data plans grin grin grin grin

Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by SWITANN(f): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
HMMM....
Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by Imakeherdrip(m): 10:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
I agree with the OP...
Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by cowgirl9090: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Juxtified:

This thread is about the guys ,and she never typed that the ladies are all matured.
do one of these two things 1: counter her points with a superior argument or 2, go and create the female version of this tread undecided
Re: How To Know He’s Not Mature Enough For A Relationship by pitadgenius(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
interesting

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Siri Responses / How To Get A Woman Without Stress / Would You Allow...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.