Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

This Is Onitsha! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Onitsha! (14928 Views)

This Pedestrian Bridge In Onitsha Has Become A Death Trap / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / Peter Obi Exercising In Onitsha This Morning- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Onitsha! by investnow2013: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
asha81:
Investnow2013, I have a feeling you and musiwa are related? I have strong feeling to that effect if not how does your picture from opening page relate to the later ones?
Did you bother to read the topic of this thread?
Re: This Is Onitsha! by Sealeddeal(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
upper iweka

4 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by asha81: 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
Your threads are usually not different from that of musiwa. Are you related to him?

investnow2013:
Did you bother to read the topic of this thread?
Re: This Is Onitsha! by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Haters keep hating. Ula ya egbo onye nwulu anwu...lol. Obi worked and Willie is working.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by investnow2013: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sealeddeal:
upper iweka
This is breathtaking!...... I hope when the trees & flowers at that roundabout grow up, that place will be fabulous!(pic)Upper Iweka Onitsha!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by asha81: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sealeddeal:
upper iweka

Alot really went into Upper Iweka and Onitsha in general. Cool and sweet!

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by investnow2013: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Onitsha

Re: This Is Onitsha! by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
investnow2013:
This is breathtaking!...... I hope when the trees & flowers are that roundabout grow up, that place will be fabulous!(pic)Upper Iweka Onitsha!

How I wish those houses behind the flyover can be renovated and repainted.

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by investnow2013: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

How I wish those houses behind the flyover can be renovated and repainted.
Govt should do that immediately!.

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by WIZGUY69(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
See them. grin
Since shoprite is in Onitsha now, our ipob friends will Change it to the biggest and busiest shorprite in the universe. grin their chestbeating knows no bound.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by Ekiseme(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
WIZGUY69:
See them. grin
Since shoprite is in Onitsha now, our ipob friends will Change it to the biggest and busiest shorprite in the universe. grin their chestbeating knows no bound.
lame

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by TheNewIbadan: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: This Is Onitsha! by WIZGUY69(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ekiseme:
lame
See this mkpi o. Do I look like basketmouth? Am stating the obvious, not joke.
Re: This Is Onitsha! by Ekiseme(m): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
WIZGUY69:

See this mkpi o.
Do I look like basketmouth?
Am stating the obvious, not joke.
the only obvious thing to state is that you're a fool

5 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by WIZGUY69(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ekiseme:
the only obvious thing to state is that you're a fool

Lmfao. grin
See this one. I will just let it slide.
I don't want ban this lovely evening.
Dalu!
Re: This Is Onitsha! by wadetaw202: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
amakenny:

Na Hausa Quarters you de show s..ooooooooooooooooooooo.

That means Hausas have taken over Onitsha.
Re: This Is Onitsha! by Ekiseme(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
WIZGUY69:

Lmfao. grin
See this one. I will just let it slide.
I don't want ban this lovely evening.
Dalu!
zuzupuo gi, ina akpo nna gi mkpi

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fugazi:

Ibadan is beautiful, I'd like to visit sometime. But can't you display the beautiful landscape and all separately? Like without making it a tribal contest??
Re: This Is Onitsha! by fratermathy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fugazi:
Ibadan Oyo

Stop showing us pictures of private hotels, malls and resorts and labeling them as Ibadan as if the state government built them. Even in Onitsha, there are beautiful hotels, malls, schools, resorts, etc! Though I am not an Igbo person, I detest this biased comparison. Get us the pictures of Ibadan's city center, road networks, slums, infrastructure, etc and make a good comparison. Private enterprise do not count.

Besides this is an ONITSHA thread. I don't know why it has been hijacked by Yoruba people to showcase Ibadan.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by TheNewIbadan: 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
fratermathy:

Stop showing us pictures of private hotels, malls and resorts and labeling them as Ibadan as if the state government built them. Even in Onitsha, there are beautiful hotels, malls, schools, resorts, etc! Though I am not an Igbo person, I detest this biased comparison. Get us the pictures of Ibadan's city center, road networks, slums, infrastructure, etc and make a good comparison. Private enterprise do not count.

Besides this is an ONITSHA thread. I don't know why it has been hijacked by Yoruba people to showcase Ibadan.

Lol you wish. Combine all the development in the SW and Ibadan will still beat your scattered housing and hotels hands down.
Re: This Is Onitsha! by TheNewIbadan: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
SnowJay92:

Ibadan is beautiful, I'd like to visit sometime. But can't you display the beautiful landscape and all separately? Like without making it a tribal contest??

Oh son, you should have been here earlier when one of your monkeys started posting old Ibadan pictures. Too late.
Re: This Is Onitsha! by naijacampu(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fugazi:
Onitsha, world's most polluted city

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3016639_onitsha_jpeg0fa5ae1f80c8849f805578f6f17ae0c1
That place is Obosi, stop posting trash.

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by fratermathy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Lol you wish. Combine all the development in the SW and Ibadan will still beat your scattered housing and hotels hands down.

I'm not team Ibadan or Onitsha. I am not a bigot. I am a proudly detribalised Nigerian. Na una know. If una like, make una blow up una selves, e nor concern me. Infact, it'll be better for my tribe and other smaller tribes out there. I have said my own.

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by Boyedex: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
fratermathy:

Lol this post is at best a wailing post. Seriously? They should get you pictures of slum? How many of you have posted slum of East on this thread unaided by others? I thought Ibadan was 101% slum. How come you are wailing over the private Enterprises there. And of course you simply refused to see it, pictures of road networks and city centres and aerials of Ibadan have been posted on this same thread. It's not so much a bitter pill but you make it look like it- that Ibadan is more developed than any Eastern city!
Re: This Is Onitsha! by fratermathy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Boyedex:
Lol this post is at best a wailing post. Seriously? They should get you pictures of slum? How many of you have posted slum of East on this thread unaided by others? I thought Ibadan was 101% slum. How come you are wailing over the private Enterprises there. And of course you simply refused to see it, pictures of road networks and city centres and aerials of Ibadan have been posted on this same thread. It's not so much a bitter pill but you make it look like it- that Ibadan is more developed than any Eastern city!

Like I said before, it's none of my business. I thought I was talking to sensible people whose brains have not been completely destroyed by the Yoruba-Igbo/Igbo-Yoruba factor but I guess I'm wrong. Infact, y'all should go on and kill ya'selves. The world will be a better place for me cool

But seriously, you Yorubas here have no business being on an Igbo thread and worse still, doing what you are doing now-: trying to derail it. Your acts have absorbed you into bigotry. I didn't see Igbos uploading pics of Onitsha in your rusty Ibadan threads undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by iblawi(m): 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ibadan beat any South East state hands down. Many have a wrong view of Ibadan because of what they see when passing Lagos - Ibadan expressway. Those old buildings you see with brown roofs were built in the 40s, 50s and 60s when many South eastern state were not even a proper village yet. They were building houses in evil forest back then. Till date those brown roof houses still have better infrastructures than your beloved Onitsha, Aba etc.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by Earth2Metahuman: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Dymaco:

first there any state in nigeria in nigeria free from untarred roads. even in abuja.... is ther no dirty place in abuja or u just want to talk.

secondly we have to appreciate the ibos because they use to develop their land even without govt. help. can u see the number of storey buildng located in all your picture posted or do u tink that all state have those privilege
so you are saying south east don't collect allocation from abuja..

Keep lying yo yourself
Re: This Is Onitsha! by Boyedex: 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
fratermathy:

Like I said before, it's none of my business. I thought I was talking to sensible people whose brains have not been completely destroyed by the Yoruba-Igbo/Igbo-Yoruba factor but I guess I'm wrong. Infact, y'all should go on and kill ya'selves. The world will be a better place for me cool

But seriously, you Yorubas here have no business being on an Igbo thread and worse still, doing what you are doing now-: trying to derail it. Your acts have absorbed you into bigotry. I didn't see Igbos uploading pics of Onitsha in your rusty Ibadan threads undecided

Okay, granted that there is no need for some comparisons as the truth is always glaring to the discerning, I hope you'll be sensible enough too to see the hypocrisy in your statement that a Yoruba person shouldn't be seen on an Igbo thread. Trust me, that doesn't sound "detribalized" at all. smiley

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by iblawi(m): 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
fratermathy:

You think you are talking to dummies abi?

1 Like

Re: This Is Onitsha! by Litmus: 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
Well, one would hope the response to Oyo photos would be, 'what's our governors doing?' or ' our governors need public pressure,' etc instead of, 'if we break away from the Nation, things will be better.'

grin
Re: This Is Onitsha! by AshiwajuFoward: 12:31am On Jul 03, 2016
Fugazi:

Enugu and all ibo states have brown roofs. Don't come here with lies. Aint no one buying that shhhhit.
Ibadan is an ancient city that was sbuilt when ibos were still living in bushes. So yes, you'll see more old structure.
Ibadan is also 5x the size of Enugu, so go figure.
Ibadan still looks better than any best ibo city, prove me wrong.

Actually fugazi, according to Wikipedia, the land area of Enugu 'city' (the 'developed' part) is a mere 43.63m sq., while Ibadan's is 1,189m sq. So na 27 Enugus go fit into Ibadan landmass cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Is Onitsha! by akoko11: 12:58am On Jul 03, 2016
It's okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Zainab Ahmed Engaged Consultants For Questionable Gas Deal / Enugu Lawmakers Serve Chime Impeachment Notice / Budget: Heads May Roll In Govt Parastatals, Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.