Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

7.5 Kva Petrol Generator - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator (1787 Views)

Stop!!!!! Buying Petrol Convert Ur Petrol Generator To Lpg Generator-08166866515 / Turn Ur Petrol Generator To Propane Generator Pls Call 4 More -08166866515 / 22-year-old Nigerian ‘invents’ Generator Whose Fuel Is Water – Not Petrol (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by boboenny: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
good day good people on this forum. I just bought a 7.5kva petrol generator. I was using it to pump water with a 1hp water pump. I asked my generator mechanic if I could use it simultaneously with my pressing iron and he said no. pls, is that true. does that mean I 've wasted my money? maximum output is 8.1kva while the rated output is 7.5kva. will iron and water pump damage the generator if used together. your expertise advice is coveted. thanks.
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by sholatech(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
I'm also interested in this discussion. It seems 7.5kva Petrol Generator will not give same output as 7.5kva diesel generator
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by Lexusgs430: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2016
The simple solution, charcoal iron!!!

Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by Nyceguy92: 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lexusgs430:
The simple solution, charcoal iron!!!

That's not true.
7.5KVA is roughly 7000 watts or more.

The electric pressing iron has a heating element rated at 1000 Watts.
Theoretically, your gen should be able to handle at least 3 pressing irons at the same time.

I used to have a Honda Elemax 3900, which I used with an appliance rated at 1000 watts with a few 60 watts bulbs on.
Only thing I did was to adjust the rpm upwards.
If a 7.5 kva gen cannot operate a pressing iron, maybe one will need the Kainji Dam in one's home.
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nyceguy92:

That's not true.
7.5KVA is roughly 7000 watts or more.

The electric pressing iron has a heating element rated at 1000 Watts.
Theoretically, your gen should be able to handle at least 3 pressing irons at the same time.

I used to have a Honda Elemax 3900, which I used with an appliance rated at 1000 watts with a few 60 watts bulbs on.
Only thing I did was to adjust the rpm upwards.
If a 7.5 kva gen cannot operate a pressing iron, maybe one will need the Kainji Dam in one's home.

I only offered an alternative solution and not mathematical solution!!!!
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by Nyceguy92: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I only offered an alternative solution and not mathematical solution!!!!

So so sorry Lexusgs430.
My response was not actually meant for you.
I must have clicked the wrong button.

I was responding to the OP's question of whether his electrician was right about his generator and pressing iron.
And of course your alternative suggestion is still relevant and has been in use for decades.
In that case, he will need bags of charcoal... Lol...
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by Lexusgs430: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nyceguy92:

So so sorry Lexusgs430.
My response was not actually meant for you.
I must have clicked the wrong button.

I was responding to the OP's question of whether his electrician was right about his generator and pressing iron.
And of course your alternative suggestion is still relevant and has been in use for decades.
In that case, he will need bags of charcoal... Lol...

Thanks for clarification. Loads of wood, manual axe plus a lesson on the use of charcoal iron.
Deal . LOL
Re: 7.5 Kva Petrol Generator by boboenny: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
the gen mechanic's argument was that iron can weaken the coil of the generator in regardless of how big it is so far it is petrol generator. but since this man is an uneducated mechanic, he may not know so much, however, I dont want to push aside his words but I know we have learned here that can put me right. the gen cost 150k and the purpose of buying it will be defeated if it can carry iron.

the charcoal iron is appreciated, lols

(1) (Reply)

Web Designing : A Freelance Approach To Making Money. / Tech: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Iphone 6 / Creativity Gone Superb: Empty Drums Making Cute Furnitures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.