Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today (1500 Views)

"It’s An Offence To Go Out With A Pepper Spray" - Nigeria Police Force. / My Encounter With The Nigerian POLICE Force Today. / My Experience With Corp. Friday Okafor Of Nig. Police Force Today In Phc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Policewahala: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Note: I had to hide my identity. It's high time I started running away from Police men, because I am totally confused, I don't know their motives at all.

The harassment from some of the men of the Nigerian Police Force is extremely unbearable, if not checked, some of them may venture into armed robbery sooner or later.

Should we be afraid of people who are supposed to protect us? What is all this nonsense? They stop and search any young man who they perceive to be successful. In my entire life, I have never scammed anybody, offline or online, but I was harassed today and treated like a criminal.

Men from the Okokomaiko Police station of Lagos State, stopped my younger brother and I today for absolutely no reason and they collected over 50,000 Naira from us before we were allowed to go.

What wrong did we do? Is it wrong to dress nice in Nigeria, when did it become a crime?

These men forcefully seized my phone and threatened to lock me up if I said a word. These men are very ignorant, they searched my phone and saw nothing on it, but they lied and said I was a yahoo boy without proof.

One of them was so sure I was a yahoo boy, he checked my Facebook and saw a group with comments from those scammers who promise to double MTN recharge cards. He also checked my bank account balance and concluded I was a yahoo boy. I still wonder till date how what he saw makes me a Yahoo boy.

It was devastating, they collected my money for no reason and made my younger brother go through emotional trauma. They pointed a gun at us and treated us like criminals . I paid because they were wasting our time and threatening my younger brother who had never been to the Police station in his entire life. I paid because the young boy was not in for something like that, he was getting very scared.

There's a popular Police man called 'Oloye' at Okoko Police Station, he spearheaded this theft. And I have heard so much complaints about him from guys in this area. This man is not fit to be in the Nigerian Police Force, he's an embarrassment to Nigeria as a country. He even requested for my phone number, to enable him steal from me again, but I collected his and I am going to put it here for you guys. He never puts on his Police uniform, he's always with his ID card, so boys won't know he is a Police man.

I am a blogger and I want to make sure something is done about him. Please, you guys should tell me what to do with his phone number.

Mr Oloye, the Okokomaiko Police thief, who harasses every young boy: 0812 512 3250

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Policewahala: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2016
Lalasticlala Please help me push this to the front page. I had to hide my identity, but this thing is really making me feel bad. We must expose these thieves bringing a bad name to the Police force.
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by fexti: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Nigeria police false

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by donbenedict(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2016
What are we going to do with a phone number?

Where were you wen Mr Solomon Arase advised the public should they find themselves in such situation, that they should instead get the i.d number of the erring policeman that is written on their uniform and display it on social media or any other means?
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by fexti: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Oche211(m): 8:03am On Jul 03, 2016
Police is your friend, only in other countries nd not Nigeria
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Policewahala: 8:07am On Jul 03, 2016
donbenedict:

Where were you wen Mr Solomon Arase advised the public should they find themselves in such situation, that they should instead get the i.d number of the erring policeman that is written on their uniform and display it on social media or any other means?

What are you talking about? Did you read where I said some of these Police men don't put on Uniforms when searching for boys who dress nicely? We were taken to the Police station and exploited.

Do You know one thing about things like these? When you're not the victim, you'll sit in the comfort of your home to proffer solutions. My bro, I was once like that until it happened to me. I once said I will never give any police man a kobo. All that changed when I was faced with them...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by donbenedict(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Policewahala:
What are you talking about? Did you read where I said some of these Police men don't put on Uniforms when searching for boys who dress nicely? We were taken to the Police station and exploited.

Do You know one thing about things like these? When you're not the victim, you'll sit in the comfort of your home to proffer solutions. My bro, I was once like that until it happened to me. I once said I will never give any police man a kobo. All that changed when I was faced with them...
and all of them in the police station weren't putting on any uniforms?
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by bewla(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2016
i beg give the ganja man time to smoke and reason with you
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by fexti: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2016
donbenedict:

you or some member of your family must be a police officer. that is the only reason you will read through this thread and will not see where he said most of them didnt put on uniforms. Fear God oh. oga police.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Policewahala: 8:17am On Jul 03, 2016
donbenedict:
Bro, stop this abeg. I can identify all of them if taken to that police station now. You want me to start looking for the ID number of any Police man I see? Na wa for you sef. I wish you were there to see how we were brutally forced into one nonsense mini-bus like that. To Look ID number go be the least of your worries...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by fexti: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2016
donbenedict:

oh my God. can you read, who told you all these happened at the station.

another police spotted.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Ab025(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2016
You shouldn't have given them 50k....... Why won't they believe you are a yahoo boy wen you "dashed" them such a sum??

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Policewahala: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Ab025:
You shouldn't have given them 50k....... Why won't they believe you are a yahoo boy wen you "dashed" them such a sum??

Okay, they should lock me up abiii? I no even won enter their nonsense cell.
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by Rolings: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Policewahala:

When faced with such situations one tend to just try to settle them and go his own way . Maybe it's because its your first time or you have given up on their intimidations, From your explanations it seem so . You could have Insisted on calling a lawyer for whatever crimes they were charging you for and if it gets to that i guess you can afford it. The point is things are not that difficult with the police if you know what to do when faced with their harassment and intimidations . Let's always be bold and confront the bad eggs in the force .
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by MEILYN(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2017
Na WA ooo
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police Force Today by WebSurfer(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Pure Evil: Young Boy Beaten Blue-black By Uncle For Misplacing Scissors / Could It Be That Nnamdi Kanu's Claims About President Buhari Is True? / Soldiers Allegedly Torture Policeman To Death In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.