Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,113 members, 7,977,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. (566 Views)

I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. by ournaijablog(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2016
Pastors really have to stop saying this; this has always been my problem with most churches, the taxation known as offering. In most churches these days it’s the strength of your pocket that determines your blessings, it’s the strength of your wealth that determines how close you get to the pastor and his family, it’s the strength of your financial connections that determines if you get to sit close to the pulpit or with the pastor on the podium, it’s the strength of “who you know” determines if you sit in the crowd and watch the pastor from a live screen.

We all know churches are the biggest business in town now, oh yes! Or should I say corporate scam? Well whatever it is we now call pastors “PASTOPRENEURS” Man of God don’t serve the purpose anymore, a title has got to be attached to their name.

It’s basically the same in all churches these days, these men are good at emotional coercion, they make you feel guilty even when you don’t have to give in the first place, they whisper in your ears and tell you to give your all and how your rewards were in heaven and not on earth, I went to a church once; while we knelt down in the pulpit the man of God came and whispered in our ears and asked us how much we were willing to give God? When it got to my turn I said I had 5 thousand naira in my account, he said how much are you willing to give God? I said 3 thousand naira, well next day I went to the bank withdrew 3 thousand naira put it in an envelope and voila I was broke once again.

These men have no other jobs, they depend solely on the offerings and tithe of their congregants, if we don’t pay offerings they won’t eat; my uncle is a pastor, my mum got him a job but he quit and said the job wasn’t letting him serve God, wasn’t letting him read his bible so he went ahead to open his own church, well now things aren’t as good as we would have hoped for him considering he has very little congregation, I can imagine him standing on the pulpit shouting, don’t pay 20 naira as offering today, our God is not a 20 naira or a 50 naira God, don’t mock God by giving him so little, well God don’t come down to collect these tithes and offerings does he?

I want to be able to go to church and give what I have, I am so tired of the series of different offerings I have to give out, tithe, offerings, pastors offerings, pastor’s wife offerings, children’s offering, building offerings, sowing of seeds, intervention offerings, the list is unending.

Recently I was in a bus, this preacher began raining fire and brimstone in the bus, I thought with the velocity he preached the bus was going to tip over, these are the kind of preachers I call “JUDGES OF MANKIND” he said if you dress like a fornicator you would go to hell, please how do fornicators dress? Well he preached and preached and prayed and ended it with, I have to enter another bus and preach to others so they might be saved as ye have been saved, give the man of God money, donate so the work of God can go on, well everyone who had been saying amen in the bus went quiet, didn’t this man of God know these were Buhari times? Anyway no one moved an inch to give him money.

The real drama began when another pastor in the bus asked him these questions;

Man: sir, nice preaching, please what church do you worship with?

Preacher: so so so church?

Man: I am also a preacher I worship with deeper life bible church, please when next you preach, don’t ask people for money, it makes them feel you’re after money and whatever you might have preached to them they won’t believe, try and get a job because the word of God is free to all and doesn’t come with a price.

I was shocked; I turned my neck 360 to see this angel who had spoken, ehn, what! Someone can say this, oh no, I checked myself I wasn’t in a dream, everyone in the bus chorused the same thing, they said that wasn’t the first time they had seen this same preacher in the bus preaching and asking people for money, well money and Christianity sure have a thing in common these days, and so the preacher had this to say to the man;

Preacher: you shall be judged for this!

He alighted and then that was that, churches don’t even preach the word, they preach prosperity and “MTCN” I just get tired, how can I be expecting huge amount of money when I don’t work, lazy people expect miracles they didn’t work for, even the bible said “Heaven help those who help themselves.

My God is not a 20naira God, because my salvation has been paid for free on the cross of Calvary where Jesus paid for my sins with his blood, all these pastors just need to stop, they are good orators, they talk and talk and we shout and jump and scream amen and then we go home broke.

Ibeji Isabella.

http://www.ournaijablog.com/27645-2/
Re: The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. by Hundreddegrees(m): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Most Churches of today are sources of income for Pastors

1 Like

Re: The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. by Juxtified(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Its true. Many are now discouraged from going to church or even aspiring to leadership positions in the church if they don't have 'fat envelopes' to be dropping as offerings every service day
Re: The Christian God Is Not A 20 Naira God. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Money is a devil. Even governments are going crazy over money.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Notice That Most People Who Bear Abraham Have Mental Disorder / Wise Words From A Great Thinker And Observer!! / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.