Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,052 members, 7,896,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:01 PM

Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry (1069 Views)

Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / I Am A Football Soccer Player I Need A Chance For Tryout In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by ifeoluwa29(f): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2006
I would appreciate if anyone could come out with creative ideas on how to go about this: I am a soccer freak& very passionate about Soccer both on the local and International scene. I love participating in soccer analysis and could do that 24-7-365 without bating an eyelid. I also love anything football administration. The problem is that i have found myself in the Banking industry and u should know of course that the job would avail me time to think for myself. I know that i need to get out of this job fast as the only satisfaction I can ever get from working is if it is has something to do with either sports administration or analysis.Pls I would appreciate ideas and pieces of advice from anyone who thinks of me as a friend as im getting frustrated by the day doing this job. I must confess, im not fulfilled doing this job.
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by bagoma(f): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2006
ifeoluwa, i feel you, some of us are into jobs that not fulfilling but out of neccesity find themselves doing what they had to do.
in this, you are not alone!

well, i dont know if u have any training in sports journalism or administration. i am thinking that you could start writing articles for sports dailies/magazines in the little spare time you have, it could be in the middle of the night.
you post them to editors and see if they like them, then you take it up from there.

i will not advise you give up ur job now without getting something concrete. but by all means pursue your dreams. lot of sacrifice must be done (like your sleep and working extra hard)

i am sure other nairalanders here will have other suggestions.

best of luck.
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by chidichris(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2006
u can send massages to the bank and its top management board by going to work in sport atire and holding ur football always. keep a nice football on ur table.
always have ur wisthle in ur mouth.
make sure u go to work with a red and yellow card. be ready to flash a card to a co-worker or a costumer either red or yellow depending on the weight of his or her offence.
by so doing, the bank and everyother person will know that u have an ambition to pursue football.
but remember, if u are not playing, work is very difficult to find in nigeria and a million and one persons are out there waiting so if u quit, coming back might be a problem.
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by bolaoni(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2006
na wa o. will give my opinion later sha
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by LoverBwoy(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2006
Quit your job and start a football team grin maybe ladies team or under 14 team! goodluck

dont worry your husband will understand cheesy
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by kliverpool(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2006
IFEOLUWA ,am feeling Ur pain cos i am a football freak 2 and am looking for job and its like bank is the only available job in our country now .u should get a web enable phone that has radio so that u can browse the internet and get live score that will help.
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by PDF: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2007
ifeoluwa leo-olagbaye,

ti ise ba ti sun ee, roora fisele ko lo ma gba booluu.

your friends,
chemistry dept., unilag
Re: Help! Im A Football Addict But Have Found Myself In The Banking Industry by shevchenko(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2007
Ife I am a banker also but I participate in banker games,I have my DSTV,i dont hve a wife to disturb me and no kids to shout daddy, this one did this to me.Even if I go to work on saturday,one of the floors has a dstv so i don't miss premiership at home and at work .See the way i tapped soccer during the last banker games.I know swnd person o.As per Super eagles playing on work dat ----that one get as he be o---anyway one eye to the laptop another eye to the screen.I wish female bankers can participate too or watch it on dstv.All work and no play makes shevchenko a dull boy

(1) (Reply)

Affluent/winning Arsenal Now The World's Second Richest Club: / Adebayor Vs Kanu Nwankwo Vs Okocha Vs Utaka Vs Yakubu / Time To Help Amodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.