Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,389 members, 7,937,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 04:11 PM

Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business (1626 Views)

FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre / Petrol Price Hike Imminent As Marketers Propose N165 Per Litre - Leadership / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by papayeye: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
The number of operators in
the downstream oil sector
has continued to thin out out
since the commencement of
the partial deregulation of
the industry, a development
that led to an increase in the
pump price of petrol, The
Punch reports.
It was learnt on Saturday
that petroleum product
marketers, particularly
independent dealers, were
gradually pulling out of the
petrol sale business across
the country as a result of
the high cost currently
required to run the business.
The high business operating
cost, according to marketers,
is occasioned by the recent
hike in the pump price of the
Premium Motor Spirit,
popularly called petrol, by
the Federal Government and
the complete removal of the
fuel subsidy. In addition to
this is the reduction in
consumption of the product
by members of the public.
Government officials,
experts and oil marketers
such as the Corporate
Affairs Manager, Nipco Plc,
Mr. Taofeeq Lawal said the
capital outlay currently
required to effectively
operate in the downstream
oil sector had virtually
doubled. They also explained
that the instability in the
foreign exchange market had
adversely affected the
finances of many oil dealers,
adding that a number of
marketers were finding it
tough to repay the loans
obtained from banks, not to
talk of garnering additional
funds to pay for the PMS at
its new rate.
www.energymixreport.com/petrol-price-increase-sends-marketers-business/
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Barackmeringo: 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
cry
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by shukuokukobambi: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
angry

Let the pretenders gerrout and allow serious operators handle their business.

The era of dashing license to girlfriends, cronies etc to qualify for subsidy is gone. Imagine the previous era of filling stations everywhere yet none having products to sell to Nigerians because they've smuggled everything to Cotonou, Cameroon and Chad right after collecting huge subsidies.

Every Tom, D!ck and harry dey form oil & gas executive angry

Abeg they should go and die jare.

15 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by SeverusSnape(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Change - sending business men out of business since 29 May 2015.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by modath(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
This is both funny and sad at the same time.. smiley

Sad that some people's income stream has been cut off.

Funny cos it shows they had no business being in that business (pun intended)

7 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by shukuokukobambi: 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
modath:

This is both funny and sad at the same time.. smiley

Sad that some people's income stream has been cut off.

Funny cos it shows they had no business being in that business (pun intended)

Abeg don't pity them jare. Its time for their own comeuppance. When they were buying for N87 and selling at N350/ltr, did they call us to share in their testimony?

I see them on my street begging us to come buy but most of us prefer to go to those like BOVAS who stood by the masses during the days of the locusts and refused to sell above N87 despite all odds.

Who dem epp?

8 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Abeg don't pity them jare. Its time for their own comeuppance. When they were buying for N87 and selling at N350/ltr, did they call us to share in their testimony?

Who dem epp?

If going out of business is going to help Nigeria grow, then, good riddance.

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Flexherbal(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hope it will not cause fuel scarcity?
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by shukuokukobambi: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

If its going out of business is going to help Nigeria grow, then, good riddance.

One depot chief at calabar when explaining why filling stations were selling for N139/ltr opened their nyansh na.

The guy said since subsidy ended, they no longer have tankers loading to Cameron.

Can you imagine? We've been so used to evil, shady and corrupt practices that its become normal.

8 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by modath(f): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

I see them on my street begging us to come buy but most of us prefer to go to those like BOVAS who stood by the masses during the days of the locusts and refused to sell above N87 despite all odds.

Who dem epp?

Oti oo, pity ke? Ko jo..I wasn't pitying them like that ojare, most of them are destructive saboteurs!! I just felt some type of way for their employees & dependants, dazall...

That Bovas is heaven sent, I see the name everywhere..it's Ibadan abi?

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by amaechi1: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
The binding force (subsidy) that attracted them into the business have been removed and the centre cannot hold. It simple, any serious minded business will reduce his price to attract customer. Hence, promoting wealth competition.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by amaechi1: 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Change - sending business men out of business since 29 May 2015.

Most of them came into the business because of subsidy. Now the bite is gone and fisher man cannot catch fish anymore.

9 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by shukuokukobambi: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
modath:

Oti oo, pity ke? Ko jo..I wasn't pitying them like that ojare, most of them are destructive saboteurs!! I just felt some type of way for their employees & dependants, dazall...

That Bovas is heaven sent, I see the name everywhere..it's Ibadan abi?

I understand u. even, cocaine cartels have employees and dependents wink

Yes Bovas is truly heaven sent and they're in Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

the issue is there is no clear profit margin, imagine buying @ 139-140 @ depot after loading and landing cost, the cost price becomes 142-143.....the marketer is now left to with 2naira as profit which can't even take care of running cost.....that's d reason for moving out of business......I fink d depot price should b worked on cos this may only lead to a preposterous end
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

the issue is there is no clear profit margin, imagine buying @ 139-140 @ depot after loading and landing cost, the cost price becomes 142-143.....the marketer is now left with 2naira as profit which can't even take care of running cost.....that's d reason for moving out of business......I fink d depot price should b worked on cos this may only lead to a preposterous end
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by modath(f): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
lustychima:
the issue is there is no clear profit margin, imagine buying @ 139-140 @ depot after loading and landing cost, the cost price becomes 142-143.....the marketer is now left with 2naira as profit which can't even take care of running cost.....that's d reason for moving out of business......I fink d depot price should b worked on cos this may only lead to a preposterous end

You do know this is incorrect? If you want to counter however, kindly provide evidence...

*Subsidy made it an all comers, without that incentive, the pretenders are returning home*

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by deking(m): 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Clearly the fraud of the subsidy regime is being exposed. Things can only get better if we as a people constructively engage and push the government to do the right things.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by 989900: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
#Subsidytinz cheesy
Re: Petrol Price Hike Sends Marketers Out Of Business by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

You do know this is incorrect? If you want to counter however, kindly provide evidence...

*Subsidy made it an all comers, without that incentive, the pretenders are returning home*

am not talking coz I wanna say something.......but am speaking from a point of knowledge.......if must tell u am a marketer, my station has been locked up for wks now.....if u think am bluffing check my topics, where I created a thread abt wat we pass tru

(1) (Reply)

A Thank You Prayer For His Excellency, Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole / Buhari’s Economic Policies Are Foolish – Financial Times UK / EFCC Reveals The Owner Of The Ikoyi House Where Huge Raps Of Money Were Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.