Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People (15353 Views)

What Is The Value Of A Boyfriend That Is Stingy? / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy / She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Michelle55: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
hmmmm... short of words!!! @op, u rily disappointed me sha. y badmouth all d indigenes of Imo State like we collected ur birthright? it's sheer wickedness to call ur frnd a runs girl even if she is one. u r meant to b her frnd nd not her backstabber, how wud u feel if someone u call ur frnd tell on u in dat manner? well as for d way u were bn treated at d traditional wedding it's wrong but u rily dnt av to generalise. and bringing it up here to make mockery of Imo State nd it's citizens is just uncalled for. besides u r a lady, watch wat u say nd dnt be tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
She generalizing is wrong but going to a marriage from a far distance and no one pays attention to them is wrong. Imagine travelling from Lagos to Delta, Abia, Imo etc and no one cares to give you common water to drink, for me I'll feel bad. As for food I won't feel bad cos I hardly eat in weddings.
The main problem is that most people have this crazy sense of entitlement, what happened to travelling to support a friend? buy gift for them and not expect something in return? why couldn't the individual buy water, food of any kind or whatnot he/she fancies and eat untikk they're satisfied? pheew.
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
She generalizing is wrong but going to a marriage from a far distance and no one pays attention to them is wrong. Imagine travelling from Lagos to Delta, Abia, Imo etc and no one cares to give you common water to drink, for me I'll feel bad. As for food I won't feel bad cos I hardly eat in weddings.
The main problem is that most people have this crazy sense of entitlement, what happened to travelling to support a friend? buy gift for them and not expect something in return? why couldn't the individual buy water, food of any kind or whatnot he/she fancies and eat untikk they're satisfied? pheew. Even not considering that your friend the celebrant might be busy and stressed out that they barely recognise some people that came and stuff.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by sydney440(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
i have 2 admit, the traditional marriage i attended yesterday at ehime- mbano has got 2 be the worst trad ever

imo state pple dnt just know how to entertain, we literally had 2 beg for can water... food is not even involved, i had to travel a long distance 2 attend dt wedding and i was treated like trash.. literally

on may way back 2 my base,there was no straight bus to my destination, had to enter like 6 diff cars to get home...i vowed not to sleep in imo cos my dad always warned me abt imo state pple and how terrible they act#no offense#...... am close to the bride buh i felt like someone that came uninvited... my main vex was juz the funds i wasted attending the wedding..the mum demanded 4 a huge amt of money as bride price, i was so disappointed
imo state, una fall hand sha... the first impression was terrible.. vowed not to go to imo state again....
imo state indigenes come and defend yaselves....
my brother is not all about the stinginess is all about how bad the economy is...
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by AngelAhnie(f): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
icedbeatz:
The main problem is that most people have this crazy sense of entitlement, what happened to travelling to support a friend? buy gift for them and not expect something in return? why couldn't the individual buy water, food of any kind or whatnot he/she fancies and eat untikk they're satisfied? pheew. Even not considering that your friend the celebrant might be busy and stressed out that they barely recognise some people that came and stuff.
The celebrant should appoint someone to take care of guest...I'm not taking sides with the op but I think what the celebrant did was not right. During my grandmother's funeral, we appointed some friends to take care of those coming from far. You serve them food and water immediately they arrive..They left the comfort of their homes to grace your occasion so it won't be bad if you treat them well.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by AngelAhnie(f): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
kamel4real2015:
haha just take it easy okay.
Stop already grin
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Stop already grin
what is that?
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Stop already grin
what is that dont get you.what has stop already.
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
The celebrant should appoint someone to take care of guest...I'm not taking sides with the op but I think what the celebrant did was not right. During my grandmother's funeral, we appointed some friends to take care of those coming from far. You serve them food and water immediately they arrive..They left the comfort of their homes to grace your occasion so it won't be bad if you treat them well.
Since we are smart enough to know that sometimes situations might hinder such arrangements and thereby lead to starvation and vexation like the op's situation we ought to avoid it and always take care of ourselves no matter what (expectation). Eat before you attend any ceremony or be ready to drive to a nearby restaurant to eat because no one can take better care of you than yourself, i suspect its gluttony in op's case because she was expected to eat until her stomach burst since the groom is rich but disappointment followed. I'm not taking sides either but laying ways such experiences could have been avoided, well my dear its clear the op is suffering from poverty of the mind. My point is everyone should start taking care of themselves in every way and quit the expectations and entitlements because it will make a whole lot of things better and the individual joyful and self contented.
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by ayusco85(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
i have 2 admit, the traditional marriage i attended yesterday at ehime- mbano has got 2 be the worst trad ever

imo state pple dnt just know how to entertain, we literally had 2 beg for can water... food is not even involved, i had to travel a long distance 2 attend dt wedding and i was treated like trash.. literally

on may way back 2 my base,there was no straight bus to my destination, had to enter like 6 diff cars to get home...i vowed not to sleep in imo cos my dad always warned me abt imo state pple and how terrible they act#no offense#...... am close to the bride buh i felt like someone that came uninvited... my main vex was juz the funds i wasted attending the wedding..the mum demanded 4 a huge amt of money as bride price, i was so disappointed
imo state, una fall hand sha... the first impression was terrible.. vowed not to go to imo state again....

You need breast implants. Imagine how sexy u will look with full pair of tittiess
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
ayusco85:

You need breast implants. Imagine how sexy u will look with full pair of tittiess
lmao
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by AngelAhnie(f): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
icedbeatz:
Since we are smart enough to know that sometimes situations might hinder such arrangements and thereby lead to starvation and vexation like the op's situation we ought to avoid it and always take care of ourselves no matter what (expectation). Eat before you attend any ceremony or be ready to drive to a nearby restaurant to eat because no one can take better care of you than yourself, i suspect its gluttony in op's case because she was expected to eat until her stomach burst since the groom is rich but disappointment followed. I'm not taking sides either but laying ways such experiences could have been avoided, well my dear its clear the op is suffering from poverty of the mind. My point is everyone should start taking care of themselves in every way and quit the expectations and entitlements because it will make a whole lot of things better and the individual joyful and self contented.
Are you married?
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by ayusco85(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

lmao

Am serious. U are pretty but not complete yet until Ur bossoms... Get wat dey deserve. Thnk me later
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Natotogokillme: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
You guys are still helping the effeminate Op move his thread.

CindyeMerald is neither Igbo nor a female. There's a mischievous "he" behind that moniker and his purpose is to use Igbos against themselves.

Stop feeding trolls!
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Are you married?
why do you ask?
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by danahart(f): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
My cousin married from Nnewi. We practically begged for satchet water not to mention food. One of the brides sister said " O emesia ife ka fa we lie nri" E mesia what, for people that came from far? We ended up buying food from nearby shops.

1 Like

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by AngelAhnie(f): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
icedbeatz:
why do you ask?
I have the feelings you won't make provision for item 7 on your wedding daygrin
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by TamedWolf90: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
obitee69:
Na today IMO people don dey Bleep up? High bride price, lazy men, runs girls, greedy parents. Why demand a whole lot for bride price? I'm from Anambra. My dad took 5k from my sisters husband's people. He even assisted. Omo can't marry an IMO girl seems most of dem are money minded and clueless

You are still a kid and I'm sure you haven't been to where traditional marriage rites are done.. You will understand...see I'm mouth like my father took 5k from the in laws...
@op, you should have simply talked to your friend that day or after instead of coming here to say this... A lot happens on a wedding day so for you to even notice food like this, you sabi hungry o... All the same don't generalize... You don't know...
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by teesmarth(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

lmao
Hmmn. M.match
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I have the feelings you won't make provision for item 7 on your wedding daygrin
LOL LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF? really? my opinion is based on how to avoid ops experience not how I treat people my dear hahahahahaha. No naaaaaaaaaa its called celebration isn't it?
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by bigybanty02(m): 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
sinaj:
you went to ur frnd's wedding, event didn't turn out very well nd u think its wise to put it online?

I pity the bride dat calls u Friend.
Dnt mind the heeediot women ar enemies of each other see as she be like red oil mtcheeeew only God knowz hw her own wedding go even be nah her type dey end up marring a very useless man she go dey dere dey look 4 expensive wedding she go old finish mtcheew

Rubbish!

Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by AngelAhnie(f): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
icedbeatz:
LOL LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF? really? my opinion is based on how to avoid ops experience not how I treat people my dear hahahahahaha. No naaaaaaaaaa its called celebration isn't it?
Yes it is celebration, the reason op is angry grin
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by dukeprince50: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
I pity u op, u went for a wedding cos of food eh? and when people correct u, ur saying nonsense. I only blame the friend that call you to her wedding. please know that when you attend a ceremony, ur not going there cos of food. she invites you cos she she sees you as someone who she can share her joy with, not someone who will frown cos she not been served.
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Chibueze291994(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
must u eat everysecond? Imolites ar above dis shit post.... wel u need to improve on ur health cos u ar not healthy socially《WHO》
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by torqque7(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

on may way back 2 my base,there was no straight bus to my destination, had to enter like 6 diff cars to get ihome...i vowed not to sleep in imo cos my dad always warned me abt imo state pple and how terrible they act#no offense#...... am close to the bride buh i felt like someone that came uninvited... my main vex was juz the funds i wasted attending the wedding..the mum demanded 4 a huge amt of money as bride price, i was so disappointed

Lol let your friend catch you telling us about her wedding and how them fall hand,my hand no dey o. Btw I am booking space now for your own traditional wedding to o so I can come and open a thread here and tell people if it went well or not,just start bribing me from now just incase grin
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2016
torqque7:

Lol let your friend catch you telling us about her wedding and how them fall hand,my hand no dey o. Btw I am booking space now for your own traditional wedding to o so I can come and open a thread here and tell people if it went well or not,just start bribing me from now just incase grin
sure...ah no go fall hand
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

just give out an apology to those you are bashing about there weeding unless expect the same about yours.
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by torqque7(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2016
CindyeMerAld:

Lol OK..BTW is your friend is on NL too? She would be hurt if she sees this thread.

About that 100k bride price, I have always been under the impression that Igbo bride price and list of things to accompany bride price usually is outrageously high,from stories here and there. Does it mean it's not true? I am curious what's the average bride price like in your place?
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
torqque7:

Lol OK..BTW is your friend is on NL too? She would be hurt if she sees this thread.

About that 100k bride price, I have always been under the impression that Igbo bride price and list of things to accompany bride price usually is outrageously high,from stories here and there. Does it mean it's not true? I am curious what's the average bride price like in your place?
my frnd is nt on n.l
our bride price is very little compared 2 what u ve to pay in imo state
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
Natotogokillme:
You guys are still helping the effeminate Op move his thread.

CindyeMerald is neither Igbo nor a female. There's a mischievous "he" behind that moniker and his purpose is to use Igbos against themselves.

Stop feeding trolls!
i dnt ve time for agbayas like u...see ur moniker sef, na toto go kee u finally
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by Eminentsaint(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
I'm from Imo state and I've attended several traditional weddings that almost made my stomach burst with food. Just because two families couldn't entertain you doesn't mean all Imo people don't know how to entertain. Get words straight girl!
Re: Wedding In Imo State.....stingy Set Of People by SycophanticGoat: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
obitee69:
Na today IMO people don dey Bleep up? High bride price, lazy men, runs girls, greedy parents. Why demand a whole lot for bride price? I'm from Anambra. My dad took 5k from my sisters husband's people. He even assisted. Omo can't marry an IMO girl seems most of dem are money minded and clueless

You're from Anambra and you're supposedly proud of this rubbish you typed here? When I thought that I've seen the last of Chino and Abagworo, another one surfaces. If you decided not to marry Imo girls, cool, if you think their men are lazy, ok, why rub it in? Also, do try and stop this attitude of calling Imolites money minded and clueless because you want to make yourself feel good.

I know a man that was broke as furk. He's an Anambra man and he is married to a woman from Imo state. If this rubbish generalization of yours holds sway for the whole of Imo state, then surely, no one would be married to Imo women but I can guarantee you that, this is not the case. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies Will See This Question And Ignore. Why? See Inside / Taxi Driver Nabbed While Nashing A Lady, By The Road Side - VIDEO / 8 Signs She Is After Your Money And Not The Love You Profess.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.