Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,818 members, 7,906,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

Pls Advice On Best Action To Take - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advice On Best Action To Take (968 Views)

Argument In My House Right Nw,pls Advice Me / . / Advise On Best Brand Of Deep Freezer To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by opizu: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
gud day my fellow people. pls i need ur advice on this.
a tenants owing six months rentage decided to pack out without being given quit notice. also he is owing nepa money and he refused to pay saying we should go to court. but i told him that even if he will not pay house rent. its compulsory for him to pay the nepa bill. pls d experienced ones. guide me on what to do. thanks
though i said i will padlock his room till he pay nepa bill.
pardon me ls dont know d best place to post this
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by DrSexMata(m): 2:46am On Jul 04, 2016
opizu:
gud day my fellow people. pls i need ur advice on this.
a tenants owing six months rentage decided to pack out without being given quit notice. also he is owing nepa money and he refused to pay saying we should go to court. but i told him that even if he will not pay house rent. its compulsory for him to pay the nepa bill. pls d experienced ones. guide me on what to do. thanks
though i said i will padlock his room till he pay nepa bill.
pardon me ls dont know d best place to post this

why do you think he is acting that way? any previous issues between you both?
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by opizu: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2016
DrSexMata:

why do you think he is acting that way? any previous issues between you both?

thanks. d wife left 3 months ago because she was fighting with co tenant day she cant leave there again. since then no any prob.
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by Neverquit(f): 3:37am On Jul 05, 2016
opizu, some tenants can be evil. Why did you even allow him to stay 6 months past due? Anyway, lock his room, give him a month's grace to pay all outstanding bills. Failure to do so, sell whatever he left behind to cover some of his debt. Unfortunately, the rest will be bad debt. Try to install prepaid meter(s) to avoid stories that touch.

My advice to present and future landlords/ladies: send an official letter/notice one month to expiration of rent asking if the tenant will move out or renew the rent. If renewal, collect your rent immediately the rent expires, if otherwise, start to look for new tenants.
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by yetseyi(f): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Later when landlords act they will say Lagos landlords are wicked.

What in the world does he mean you should go to Court is it because he knows when a matter like this is in court he may still have access to the apartment when the case is on or because he knows u may not want to Incurr lawyer bills.

He is to pay both the RENT and the BILLS you shouldn't be begging him do it now.

I hate when people act selfish, you want to leave with 6 months rent in this economy and who is to pay the NEPA bills. You are owing still saying let's see in court nonsense.
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by Richy4(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
Has be packed out of the house?
If no. then go and disconnect the house.. I wish Nigeria was a country that has winter. by the time he showers cold water twice,he wilĺ know..
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by opizu: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
Neverquit:
opizu, some tenants can be evil. Why did you even allow him to stay 6 months past due? Anyway, lock his room, give him a month's grace to pay all outstanding bills. Failure to do so, sell whatever he left behind to cover some of his debt. Unfortunately, the rest will be bad debt. Try to install prepaid meter(s) to avoid stories that touch.

My advice to present and future landlords/ladies: send an official letter/notice one month to expiration of rent asking if the tenant will move out or renew the rent. If renewal, collect your rent immediately the rent expires, if otherwise, start to look for new tenants.
tnx very much. i really appreciate.
Re: Pls Advice On Best Action To Take by opizu: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
tanx to u all. now he is begging that we should allow him pack and promise to come back n pay. he said the packing was as a result of frustration from his wife who left home since 3months ago

(1) (Reply)

Help A Frnd!!! / I Just Saw A Mother Stealing Her Daughter's Money. Should I Report It To Her? / Signs A Husband Is About Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.