Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,284 members, 7,943,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail (1115 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / FOREX: Nigerians Will Continue To Suffer, Pending Massive Refining – Kachikwu / Why The Lebanise And Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by Bluffly: 11:05am On Jul 04, 2016
I got this from a friend on a WhatsApp thread, and thought it was so apt and on point and I just had to repost it to other Nigerians still shouting about famine or forex or economic downturn...:
"Recently I was telling a friend that Cool FM, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info, Wazobia TV, Cool Link, Chocolate Royal etc, is owned by an individual.
The guy shouted that is not true!
When I further told him that it was owned by a Lebanese, the guy almost punched my fine face (make I show myself small. Lolz).
Most Nigerians currently feel like hanging Mr. President. Particularly, the importers, due to the dollar rise. I've been feeling the same way too, until I had an encounter with a Chinese guy, and I've tagged my feelings as stupidity. This Chinese guy has a factory where he manufactures furniture here in Nigeria. One of his raw material is wood, which he sources from Nigeria, because Nigerian wood is cheap and of the best quality. But he has to import other accessories.
But one of the amazing things is, since the rise of the dollar, the guy has been importing accessories, yet he has not increased the price of his products.
So how come?
This guy put his wife in charge of the factory, while he spends most of his time at Shagamu, in Ogun State, buying timber and exporting to China. The money from the exported timber that was supposed to be transferred back to him here in Nigeria, is been used to buy the furniture accessories he uses for production.
By so doing, he doesn't need to buy dollar. So he said: "I don't have problem with dollar rising to N500...because I don't need it for anything."
He said his Indian friend does the same thing with ginger export. While the only thing we Nigerians do is exporting our complaints on social media. So the Indians and the Chinese are busy coming up with strategies that have defied the dollar challenge, while we Nigerians are shouting 'dollar is high'.
Again it is all about taking advantage of the situation to move ahead.
Let's all start THINKING and DOING.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmmmmm, this is so deep and highly inspiring. I hope our youth read and listen to this instead of just wailing and casting blames on social medias. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by krak101(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Chinkos have something in common with Igbos... Street smartness grin
Re: Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by Mboi2: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
All our youths are doing these days on nairaland and other social media is to talk about politics which they know nothing about, hating and supporting top politicians who they will never meet in their life time.

Another thing is that our youths feel some businesses are meant for the illiterates, I tell you that is one of the tips of being poor.

1 Like

Re: Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by Tunami(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bluffly:

I got this from a friend on a WhatsApp thread, and thought it was so apt and on point and I just had to repost it to other Nigerians still shouting about famine or forex or economic downturn...:
"Recently I was telling a friend that Cool FM, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info, Wazobia TV, Cool Link, Chocolate Royal etc, is owned by an individual.
The guy shouted that is not true!
When I further told him that it was owned by a Lebanese, the guy almost punched my fine face (make I show myself small. Lolz).
Most Nigerians currently feel like hanging Mr. President. Particularly, the importers, due to the dollar rise. I've been feeling the same way too, until I had an encounter with a Chinese guy, and I've tagged my feelings as stupidity. This Chinese guy has a factory where he manufactures furniture here in Nigeria. One of his raw material is wood, which he sources from Nigeria, because Nigerian wood is cheap and of the best quality. But he has to import other accessories.
But one of the amazing things is, since the rise of the dollar, the guy has been importing accessories, yet he has not increased the price of his products.
So how come?
This guy put his wife in charge of the factory, while he spends most of his time at Shagamu, in Ogun State, buying timber and exporting to China. The money from the exported timber that was supposed to be transferred back to him here in Nigeria, is been used to buy the furniture accessories he uses for production.
By so doing, he doesn't need to buy dollar. So he said: "I don't have problem with dollar rising to N500...because I don't need it for anything."
He said his Indian friend does the same thing with ginger export. While the only thing we Nigerians do is exporting our complaints on social media. So the Indians and the Chinese are busy coming up with strategies that have defied the dollar challenge, while we Nigerians are shouting 'dollar is high'.
Again it is all about taking advantage of the situation to move ahead.
Let's all start THINKING and DOING.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
do you have any idea or link how i can export woods? If then drop ur number.
Re: Why The Lebanese And Co. Continue To Prosper In Nigeria While We, Nigerians Wail by Jayceo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is deep

(1) (Reply)

Fully Editable Quality Powerpoint Presentation Templates For Smart Professionals / How To Make $200 Per Week Through Google Playstore / Bread Distribution Business In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.