Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,271 members, 7,887,790 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho Set To Miss Olympics With Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho Set To Miss Olympics With Nigeria (425 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Leicester New Boy Iheanacho Set To Outshine Iwobi / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Set To Miss Olympics With Nigeria by Kinstein: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
19 year old Kelechi was called up for the 35-man preliminary squad for the summer competition slated to hold in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

but Manchester city have insisted that the Nigerian striker will remain with them, and commence preseason training with the club.

The youngster doesn't seem to be too disappointed in the decision to leave him out of the tournament which is scheduled to hold between August 3 through to 20. he is quoted at saying:

"Its up to the club and country to decide what is going to happen, if your country wants you to play,you really want to go and play as well".

He aslo had this to say about his new manager:

“I think everyone knows about him,” he added. “He’s a great manager. He’s coached great teams - Barcelona, Bayern Munich. He’s done great for all the teams I think.

“I watched Barcelona. He’s a great manager, they played really well, were a great team and won trophies.

“I didn’t think [I would play under Pep] but now I’m under him and I can’t wait to meet him and work with him as well.”

it seems like our very own Kelechi is happy to trade us for City. he will be immensely missed. but it is worrisome that he would opt to take part in a pre-season for a club when he is barely their best striker. seems like he just wants to get onto a good start with the new Man City manager, Pep Guardiola.

good or bad move??

Source: http://www.pronetotype.com/2016/07/kelechi-iheanacho-to-miss-olympics-with.html?m=1

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho Set To Miss Olympics With Nigeria by Kinstein: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lalasticlala come and tell Kelechi oh

(1) (Reply)

Portugal Is Not All About Me - RONALDO / Pls Did Super Falcons Qualify For Olympic? / TRANSFER NEWS LIVE!!!!! Latest On Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.