Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,329 members, 7,881,234 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Rush Into Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Rush Into Marriage? (21960 Views)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Two Nairalanders Sojourn Into Marriage In Pictures / Dear God, Frustrate All Single Guys Into Marriage This Year – Lady Prays (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by VeniceTown: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojuu4u:

can u see ursf? Must someone belong to a particular religion b4 he/she has fear of God? Pls dnt dnt confuse ursf she said it all, u must go 4 partner who ve fear of God if u want to succed maritaly
Tell me who else fears an imaginary God other than religious folks ? Name one!
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by totorimi: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
One thing I know and that I am sure of, is that never ever marry someone you do not truly love and who you know does not equally loves you back.

If you do you will kill yourself slowly instead of having a constant smile on your face you will have a constant frown and and by then you look older ans age faster.

Sometimes people marry for benefits for the things they wish to benefit or gain from the other person. Thats very very wrong. Marriage should be based on true love only not money, not good looks, not a good job or green card.

When you are truly in love, when all else fails, money, good looks, fantastic sex, deportation. The real love will stay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by VeniceTown: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojuu4u:

tanks for letting him knw he is not mature, mariage is not meant for this type of people, hence he wil the poor girl
Go and get married. Just let me know when the govt starts giving married people an entitlement.
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by computerboy: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
VenusBetty:
The insult on NL alone is killing, so many girls are not even after any man's money because they make more money, there's still pressure out there my dear , it may not be from parents like you stated.

I agree with you.

But do you girls really take the insults you get online (esp. Nairaland) to heart? And count it as part of the pressures you receive?

Lol....you people are really emotional beings. It must be hard being a girl
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by yemmit90: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
VeniceTown:
Yes it doesn't make sense because what I replied to didn't make any sense too. When your school of thought is flawed I won't accept it and I will call you out!

Wanna test your level of intelligence too.

Who is a good man?

What is the right opinion?

Why do we have different opinion?
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by micxwell(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pureheart91:

Its so certain u clearly dont understand dy meaning of those powerful four letter words..The Fear of God.
It simply means been obedient to Gods will, and way. Now i dont see a senario were one wud hve d fear of God and do wat they acclaimed "christains" do...please do knw dat been a "born again" is different frm been a "christain". Hence the former does the will of Jesus Christ, whilst d latter is a Hypocrite(do wat i say n not wat i do people).

Obedience conates Fear for someone. Have a nyc day bro, and dont follow religion but strive to be bornagian for the hour is @ us.

GoD Bless You!
Good explanation bro but for me I don't believe in all this saying of "born again" being different from "christian". Christian means CHRIST-LIKE. If you are not a christian you are not a christian. Going to church doesn't make one a 'christian'. I don't use it @born again, cos I believe a true CHRISTIAN should be one. If you call yourself a christian and it doesn't reflect in your words or actions, you are deceiving yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by computerboy: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Chrisjane:
l agree with the OP. Marriage is inevitable but it should be followed after financial and emotional preparedness.

Just to make a quick correction.

My dear marriage is not death so it's not inevitable. In as much as girls don't like hearing it but it's true

Not all girls would marry. Some would die as spinsters likewise some men would die as bachelors

More reason you should make something meaningful out of your life so you'll have a reason to live just in case you didn't get to have your own children/family

2 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by MrDavidson: 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
VeniceTown:
A meal is a personal thing that you swallow so no one cares if roasted rat and cheese is your best meal. But when you say a good man is God fearing means that if I tell him I'm not God fearing means I'm not a good person, you see where it comes in ?

And how do you define being 'good' ? The hard truth is, no man can be good enough, without having the fear of God. And my Bible tells me that the fear of God means to depart from evil and sin. Even the op, rexericx, who mentioned the fear of God, will be guilty himself if he has been sleeping with that lady before marriage. Because in the eyes of God that act is evil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Missmossy(f): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Marriage is a life time investment,if you rush in you would rush out. It goes beyond the money factor too as some ladies won't recognize this. Being prepared in every ramification matters a lot,physically,mentally,intellectually and even emotionally.

Marriage isn't for babies because it can't always be rosy,when the seat gets hot you would want to run out if you aint strong. For those doing i want to get to get married because every of my friend is getting married OYO is your case cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by nurusystem(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
all this talk to me is rubbish,is just because you are lucky to find your wife,,so marriage is comes from God,it can be reach,poor, any way,,but just Marry because of God thats all o,,.no be money,,,God blessing is the most Important,,

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
being successful is more important than marriage.

if you are going to be stuck with a person for the rest of your life, why not take your time?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by MrFabs(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
eph12:
Even don't understand that"I need to marry" rush some people do have. Like seriously why?
As for me I don't plan to father a child unless i can guarantee the best for the child.
You just spoke my mind there..[right][/right][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ZUBY77(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Targaeryian:
Marriage is overrated

Especially in Nigeria.
Girls don't do anything else except thinking of one rich man to Marry.
As a matter of fact, the entire family of the girl sees it as an achievement for their daughter to hook a rich guy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Chrisjane(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
computerboy:

Just to make a quick correction.

My dear marriage is not death so it's not inevitable. In as much as girls don't like hearing it but it's true

Not all girls would marry. Some would die as spinsters likewise some men would die as bachelors

More reason you should make something meaningful out of your life so you'll have a reason to live just in case you didn't get to have your own children/family

You are right. l meant inevitable for most people.
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by chronique(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
When you're well over 30 or going to 40,the pressure to settle down gets real. It becomes an issue when finding someone honest who you're compatible with,becomes a serious problem. These days whenever my age mates or people get to meet me in the course of doing biz and they suddenly pop the "are you married question",I notiice I get jolted and a lil bit tensed... On a personal note,I wish I was married. Few days back,I cchipped in 1 or 2 words into a discussion between some pple close to me and 1 of them jokingly said: "egbon,you nor suppose dey follow us talk girlfriend matter;you suppose dey talk about wife". I felt a lil bit embarrassed though and the truth is,comments like that being said overtime to one,has a way of putting pressure on people. When you sit with your mates,they talk about their wives and you really don't have much to say. You sit with younger folks and they remind you that you're not supposed to be discussing gf matter with them...

Truth is,nomatter how much we try,the pessure will always come(directly or indirectly). one just has to be careful in managing this pressure.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by alfredbisong: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
edimat007:
what about me that is very close to 40 but yet still waiting for man of God prophecy to come to pass.
hmmm,tnx Anyway.I Am 33 n male 4 dat mata am no more border

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by alfredbisong: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
eph12:
Even don't understand that"I need to marry" rush some people do have. Like seriously why?
As for me I don't plan to father a child unless i can guarantee the best for the child.
u de reason well
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ojuu4u(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
VeniceTown:
Go and get married. Just let me know when the govt starts giving married people an entitlement.

and you we ar equall b4, am a fully responsible my since years past. Kip on merry-go-round a point and expect manna frm heaven. One of convenants almighty God had with humans during creation was that we sud dominate and multiply. A man that become milion and dont mari, he is a failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by northvietnam(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
Targaeryian:
Marriage is overrated
Seconded....

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by adecares(f): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Believe me or not, marriage itself has its own issues whether u rushed in or not. it depends on how u can handle its challenges. My view and experience though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by wishy30: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
It doesn't make sense to RUSH into mariage but it makes loads of senses to marry on time. The fun of the family is growing with uя children in love not at a very old age

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ojuu4u(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojuu4u:

and you think we are equal bf, am a fully responsible my since years past. Kip on merry-go-round a point and expect manna frm heaven. One of convenants almighty God had with humans during creation was that we sud dominate and multiply. A man that becomes milionaire and refuses to mari, is a complete failure

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by ojuu4u(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
VeniceTown:
Tell me who else fears an imaginary God other than religious folks ? Name one!

you dnt fear imaginary God but very unfortunately imaginary gods/satan had blindfold and criple ur sense of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojuu4u:

you dnt fear imaginary God but very unfortunately imaginary gods/satan had blindfold and criple ur sense of reasoning
Make una take am easy
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by aribilola2002(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Marriage is sweet and good when their is money and discomfortability come in unionism when change is no more at the pocket; let us pray for real love and money then u will enjoy marriage,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by CoCoLav(f): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
rexericx:
They must be people who can relate with each other as friends and partner in progress. The corollary to the foregoing is that the person who will be your true partner must be such a person with whom you can have mutual friendship , you should be able to play with that person , you should be able to work with that person , you are to be intellectually compatible , even though you are at different levels . This means that the difference should compliment. You must have common interests , share decisions together and have the same values. Such kind of partner is the right person for you.

Source - https://www.nairaland.com/2625652/rush-into-it-endure-life

http://www.olumideblog.com/2015/09/you-rush-into-it-you-endure-for-life.html

The bolded is what keeps a marriage going after the love fades

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by rexericx(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
CoCoLav:

The bolded is what keeps a marriage going after the love fades

#VeniceTOWN#
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by CoCoLav(f): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
totorimi:
One thing I know and that I am sure of, is that never ever marry someone you do not truly love and who you know does not equally loves you back.

If you do you will kill yourself slowly instead of having a constant smile on your face you will have a constant frown and and by then you look older ans age faster.

Sometimes people marry for benefits for the things they wish to benefit or gain from the other person. Thats very very wrong. Marriage should be based on true love only not money, not good looks, not a good job or green card.

When you are truly in love, when all else fails, money, good looks, fantastic sex, deportation. The real love will stay.

I kind of disagree with you. When you are friends with someone, have mutual interests, goals,sexual chemistry, respect, understanding and tolerance I believe you can make a marriage work based on these attributes. Friendship, sexual chemistry, mutual respect, understanding and tolerance are the bane of any marriage. If love was really all that then it will not be possible to have loved all your EXs. How many times have we felt we really loved someone and years down the line we fall in 'love' with another person?. At some point in your life, you felt you loved your EX didnt you? but you alslo now love your current girlfriend and you will love your next girlfriend as well. There is nothing like true love, love is just an intense emotion you feel for people who are dear to you at that time.

1 Like

Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by CoCoLav(f): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
rexericx:

#VeniceTOWN#

What is Venice Town?
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by joekine: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
rexericx:
Marriage is a very crucial stage in human beings that must be not rushed into. Some go into marriage because of panic” My friends are getting married at final year or immediately after graduation or NYSC”. They compare themselves with others ignorant of the fact that fingers are not equal. Some leap into marriage because of pressure. It is vital that everyone knows that marriage is a lifelong project and succumbing to pressure without personal conviction is not wise .This may be parental pressure , peer pressure or pressure from the proposing partner.
The desperation to meet some personal pressing needs is the major reason why some make hasty choice in marriage . The need may be financial, emotional , psychological ,self esteem or sex. Others rush into marriage because of a painful breakup , some marry so as to escape from parental influence either positive or negative. It should be noted that no matter how desirable these moves are, they all give a wrong foundation for a lasting marriage that will be enjoyed and not just endured.
The primary reason for marriage is PARTNERSHIP therefore the right wife is expected to be a partner and not a housemaid and the husband is expected to be a “sugar daddy”. They must be people who can relate with each other as friends and partner in progress. The corollary to the foregoing is that the person who will be your true partner must be such a person with whom you can have mutual friendship , you should be able to play with that person , you should be able to work with that person , you are to be intellectually compatible , even though you are at different levels . This means that the difference should compliment. You must have common interests , share decisions together and have the same value. Such kind of partner is the right person for you.

Source - https://www.nairaland.com/2625652/rush-into-it-endure-life

http://www.olumideblog.com/2015/09/you-rush-into-it-you-endure-for-life.html
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by Skmoda360(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
kennygee:
Pressure from friends, family and society.

This pressure had made a lot of women to kiss countless frogs in the name of kissing a prince.
you said it right to some extent...mind you most guys this days don't wana get married cuz of the stress attached to it. So when a girl date a guy within a short frame of time and get married with little or no courtship that's how they come in contact with frog instead of prince.
Re: Why Rush Into Marriage? by jesusjewel1(f): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
iykedare:
If you are old enough to have sex,you are old enough to get married.

I disagree with you.
Anyone can be old enough for sex but ain't MATURE for marriage.
Besides what's your definition of been old enough for sex and old enough for marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Pre-Wedding Pictures / Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc / My Lack Of Commitment To Women Is Killing Me Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.