Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,320 members, 7,936,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 (54950 Views)

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. / A Strange Woman In My Home.. How Do I Go About It?? / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by zomby(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
You can only have 1 mom.
My advise is for you to return home ASAP, but do not give up you rented apartment for now. Try to keep the apartment for 2 or 3 months and see how things are between you and your family.

Past is past, your time with your mom at this time is priceless.

By the grace of God your mom will be fine.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:
I was in the toilet once on the toilet he open the door when he saw me he closed it then opened it again

DID HE TOUCH U?

if yes, I won't advice U to go anywhere close to Him.

if No, then he was probably just admiring Ur body.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
So sorry for your troubles, be strong and remember we all have our trials, there's no perfect family, everyone has their own little skeletons that they keep hidden away in the closet...forgiveness and forgetfulness is the only sure antidote to the never ending cycle of karma.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Herrmes: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
There's nothing like Satan.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by gonkraziiiiii: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Note dat if u do go dem go talk,u do bad dem go talk ....don't expect Ppl dat don't know ur story not to judge u cos dey wld but ma dear forgiveness is everything...family is also everything....go home n have fun with ur family....
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by kellygrin(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
abeg the season two....wey iya ahmed abeg come give me ram meat make i chop
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by tottinova: 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
Cherishing:
The kind of problems people de share for this NL sef, if to say this place na ship no matta the size we all for don capsize .

Hi
@Topic .
No go helep your mama and papa dey dia de wait for Wetin people go yan about u.

In Osadebe's Voice " if u chop dem go talk, if u no chop dem go talk Wetin man go do for this world wey people no go talk

Nna enjoy!
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by bignero: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
timidapsin:
Picture of the Bum or I don't believe undecided

thot u were a matured mind ....until this

somebodys misery is your source of pleasure...continue
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by timidapsin(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
bignero:

thot u were a matured mind ....until this

somebodys misery is your source of pleasure...continue
Lol somebody's misery? This is no misery..
She asked a question ... Asking for advice on something that should be her personal decision....
The moment you start taking everything too serious, especially things you read,
You start having problems bro..

Finally about being a matured mind, I AM ME.
and not what you think of me, So I don't really care! smiley
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
OP have you considered that u are the one that is dysfunctional and not necessarily your family?

You accuse your father of looking at your bum presumably lustfully this may be in your mind.

You accuse your mother of being jealous of you *maka wetin?* almostly in your mind only.

You burn property belonging to your parents - reality.

You have a mental breakdown - reality

You are chased away from home - reality

It is time for sober reflection and taking responsibility for your actions and situation.

If you want your family relationships to improve, look inwards and make some changes in yourself.

Obiageli1993:
Family was dysfunctional.

Mother, jealous of me and often did not want my progress. I caught my father looking at my bum a few times. I had a mental breakdown because of stresses in my life. Genral family problems e.g domestic violence. Family relationships deterioration to the point serious fights e.e.g. dad strangle me, police come etc.

They burnt all of my childhood photographs and I burnt most of their wedding pics only three remains. They threw me out but now my mum who has been battling with cancer is still unwell and misses me and wants me to come back and dad is 64 and I don't want him to bear the caring alone he also has arthritis and I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.
But I'm scared neighbours will judge me and I'm scared I'm making the wrong choice. I'm happy in my new rented room but II feel like I'm abandoning my mother. I'm her time of need. She originally told me to go but now wants me back I'm her only daughter and my brothers are not helpful.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by kayalla(f): 9:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
which kin story be this?
what has the topic got to do with wat u just wrote.

if u need advice then state the problem this is half baked story.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by kayalla(f): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
which kin story be this?
what has the topic got to do with wat u just wrote.

if u need advice then state the problem this is half baked story.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Fawklicant: 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
wildQuincy:
I don't really know the kind of mind you have got, but I will never suspect any of my family unless its done with evil intentions! Back home, my dad teases me most times about my butt and we all laugh over it. Even my elder bro gets as far as playfully spanking my butt sumtimes and I don't reason all that sh1it! There was even a day my bro spanked my butt in the presence of my mum and she was even the one playfully telling him to be careful since I wasn't wearing panties underneath and the gown I was wearing was loose fitted!

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:

Mother, jealous of me and often did not want my progress. I caught my father looking at my bum a few times. I had a mental breakdown because of stresses in my life. Genral family problems e.g domestic violence. Family relationships deterioration to the point serious fights e.e.g. dad strangle me, police come etc.

They burnt all of my childhood photographs and I burnt most of their wedding pics only three remains. They threw me out but now my mum who has been battling with cancer is still unwell and misses me and wants me to come back and dad is 64 and I don't want him to bear the caring alone he also has arthritis and I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.
But I'm scared neighbours will judge me and I'm scared I'm making the wrong choice. I'm happy in my new rented room but II feel like I'm abandoning my mother. I'm her time of need. She originally told me to go but now wants me back I'm her only daughter and my brothers are not helpful.

No wonder you talk and reason the way you do on Nairaland
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by DozieInc(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
lawanson44:

No wonder you talk and reason the way you do on Nairaland

Chai sorry for you, was just reading through , didnt want to comment but This your post is the most STUP.ID.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
DozieInc:

Chai sorry for you, was just reading through , didnt want to comment but This your post is the most STUP.ID.

You mean you don't know Obiaghelli on Nairaland? Or do you behave like her too?
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by awesomeDna(m): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Life without taking chances is no kind of life at all..... forget about what your neighbors or people will say, it may be difficult but there's nothing God can not do, your family is your own not theirs.... Talk to your maker in prayers commit everything to him and run back home ASAP.... for there's no place like home smiley......(you can still be in touch with your family while you are independent)

In another story, don't let your life be controlled by these three things, Your past, People and Money
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by KazukiIto(m): 1:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Wow you still have a mother! I just wish mine was still alive
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by bigfrancis21: 2:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Obiageli1993:

Part of your spiritual purpose on earth is to learn forgiveness. Everything happens for a reason. Your purpose on earth for this lifetime is not complete until you learn forgiveness or else you may have to do it all over again in another lifetime or more until you learn the lesson of forgiveness. It may be difficult, I know, coming from a dysfunctional family but you need to let go of the past and move on. Forgiveness is the key.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by ichomi(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Forget neighbour....
Forget what people will say..
Go for what u want and what ur heart tells u. Its better than loosing ur mum to the cold hands of death.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Jok3r(m): 8:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Obiageli1993:

we can choose who will fall in love wit, choose our bfs nd gfs
we cn choose our frnds,, bt one thing we cnt choose is OUR FAMILY cos no mater wat FAMILY HAS ALREADY BIN THERE even befor we were born.... i feel ur pain... bt rmbr FAMILY is all we have in this world.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
From my perspective. The Family is f**ked(sorry I used the f word). But again, Change is needed, and I believe you are the only person that can instigate such change, however,you cannot Do ANYTHING if you are still within the corrupt circle(your Family).
The first step, which you have done, is to disassociate yourself,@least for now.
Then there is the need for Forgiveness, I hope you are a christain. Its important you are VERY close To God,I'm not talking about going to Church every sunday.
Forgive yourself, forgive your family, and God have Mercy on you all.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 06, 2016
Jok3r:

we can choose who will fall in love wit, choose our bfs nd gfs
we cn choose our frnds,, bt one thing we cnt choose is OUR FAMILY cos no mater wat FAMILY HAS ALREADY BIN THERE even befor we were born.... i feel ur pain... bt rmbr FAMILY is all we have in this world.
Family is not all we have in this world
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by fof1: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Obiageli1993:
Also it wasn't all bad there were many good times and they really tried for us. All this. Problem came out of nowhere honestly.

ALWAYS TRUST IN THE LORD. DONT GIVE PLACE TO D DEVIL. HE IS ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR D TRAVAILS IN D HOME because UR PARENTS UNWITTINGLY GAVE ROOM TO HIM.
PLS WAKE UP SEEK THE LORD'S MERCIES/ FORGIVENESS AND MOVE IN TO HEAL THEIR WOUNDS. GOD HELP U.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by evergreen200088(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello am Emmy by name, Any woman who need a guy for sex should call my number 08139602946 one things I know about myself I will Bleep you hard Till you are satisfy..My dick is 6'1 hope to hear from those ladies who love sex so much... Have a wonderful time... Less I forget I base in lagos..around satelite, festac area.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Jok3r(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
williamdorcas:
Family is not all we have in this world

wat else
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Thanks all.

I have returned home after not seeing family for 3 months and things are better.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by dfrost: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.

Please go back home because of the bolded. He needs his family more than any other thing.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by dfrost: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
I have an autistic brother. I want to put the past behind and start a new life I am moving back home to take care of . my mother and be with my family I don't want Satan to break this family apart whether we like it or not we are family and it could be worse.

Please go back home because of the bolded. He needs his family more than any other thing. I initially didn't want to comment but that caught my attention.
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by ichomi(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks all.

I have returned home after not seeing family for 3 months and things are better.

i for say laa.... Welcome back home. Enjoy
Re: Should I Go Home? Am I Making The Right Choice? I'm 22 by blessedvisky(m): 2:29am On Jul 25, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady / Mother Refuses To Break Car Window To Save Her Trapped Child / Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.