Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. (74976 Views)

How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / 10 Common Habits That Damage Your Kidneys (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by whizcartel(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
2. SMOKING

Smoking not only harms the lungs but also harms the liver. The numerous toxic substances inhaled in cigarette smoke find their way to the liver and add to the overall toxic load placed on the organ. The chemicals cause oxidative stress that lead to formation of free radicals that destroy liver cells, This is an habit you must quit to live a long healthy life.
Sir. How about smoking marijuana? will it have the same effect?
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by okpasreality(m): 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
ThatZ Great
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Gone were the days when smoking was considered cool. EVEN HERE IN CANADA WE DON't SMOKE ANYMORE. Yes!! here in CANADA

See this >> https://9jarealm..com.ng/2016/07/nigerian-artiste-oritsefemi-and-his.html
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
You Don sight the moon?
Na only your supporters full here and they are the ones turning nairaland to Facebook.
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Laveda(f): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
LuveU2:
I find your post quite funny. cheesy They are all great guys but i think my contestant has an edge. Falconey, the crown fits. smiley

undecided
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by livingoracle: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
The federal ministry of health and Information warns that watching Bubu is on TV and listening to Lie Lie Mohammed is liable to damage your liver. grin grin grin
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by ronald4ever(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
How I love perspicacious and clear-sighted dudes. Obviously this thread will go a long way in educating people and creating awareness on how to live a healthy life and stay clear liver complications.

It appears we have a Mr. Nairaland in anticipation who isn't only cute and smart but have an indepth knowledge on health matters. Kudos to the young lad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by TheSunSon: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
I take alchohol in lil quantity and sometimes its a cure for a bad soul. Had this great girl who would not have me take even a glass,she said I should choose never to taste it or she walks,I took a shot of Jack whilst I watched her leave,its been 3months,she left but Jack stayed,talk about loyalty.

1 Like

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by martineverest(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
LuveU2:
Really? i thought bleaching affects the kidney only smiley
liver cancer,skin cancer,blood cancer and kidney failure are the consequences of using bleaching creams
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Taiyescott(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
tanx 4 d info..
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by falconey(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Laveda:

undecided

what's your problem girl? I want no trouble stay away from my managers and myself .

please and please

we are not obstructing or disrupting your trend please for the last time .......do you thing and stay off our space.

you know the rules of the contest.

cc luveu2
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by LuveU2(f): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
martineverest:
liver cancer,skin cancer,blood cancer and kidney failure are the consequences of using bleaching creams
Thank u! smiley
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by walmovich: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
barackodam:

What do you say?

Think he's handsome enough to grace the crown?

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by LuveU2(f): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
falconey:

what's your problem girl? I want no trouble stay away from my managers and myself .

please and please

we are not obstructing or disrupting your trend please for the last time .......do you thing and stay off our space.

you know the rules of the contest.

cc luveu2
Easy on her sweetheart. She would outgrow it wink

1 Like

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
5. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

I know this is a habit we all know to well. Most people know the associated dangers but we cannot overemphasize it. Heavy alcohol consumption is the most common cause of liver damage. Excess amount of alcohol decreases the liver’s ability of removing toxins from the body. This is because the liver gets diverted from its other functions and focuses mainly on converting alcohol to a less toxic form, and this causes fatty liver disease and inflammation. When the liver tries to break down the alcohol, the resulting chemical reaction can damage the liver cells, and after a long time of consuming excess amount of alcohol, the damage can become permanent and cause cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) which leads to loss of liver function. Frequent alcohol abuse can degrade the liver over time and kill off cells. When the liver attempts to repair this damage, it could lead to DNA mutations that kick start cancers.

I don't know if i can stop drinking my orijin though

http://www.doctorsays.com.ng/5-daily-habits-that-can-damage-your-liver/

How can a man do without ahohol especially in this hard country of ours?
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Guys abeg no mind all des people asking you to vote for Mr K nd Mr F. Just vote for Vizkiz. He is the rightful heir to the throne.

1 Like

Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by tizblink: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
martineverest:

Nice one baba

Would certainly look that up.
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by afanide: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
How many Poor Men have you seen complained about Liver Problem?
Point one and other Few are INVALID.
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by akilo1: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
As i am talkjng to you now,i am takjng mchdowel,op i don enter inside the bottle
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by emi14: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
5. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

I know this is a habit we all know to well. Most people know the associated dangers but we cannot overemphasize it. Heavy alcohol consumption is the most common cause of liver damage. Excess amount of alcohol decreases the liver’s ability of removing toxins from the body. This is because the liver gets diverted from its other functions and focuses mainly on converting alcohol to a less toxic form, and this causes fatty liver disease and inflammation. When the liver tries to break down the alcohol, the resulting chemical reaction can damage the liver cells, and after a long time of consuming excess amount of alcohol, the damage can become permanent and cause cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) which leads to loss of liver function. Frequent alcohol abuse can degrade the liver over time and kill off cells. When the liver attempts to repair this damage, it could lead to DNA mutations that kick start cancers.

What is the recommend percentage or volume of alcoholic intake per day
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
1. POOR NUTRITION AND OBESITY.

Obesity is linked to poor eating habits and can harm your liver over time, just as drinking too much alcohol does. The reason for that is that too much of the wrong foods causes excess fat build-up in the liver, known as Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.

The liver normally helps to process and regulate the amount of sugar and fat in the blood, but in obese people the liver becomes overwhelmed and starts storing excess fat in its own liver cells, either because there is no other place for them elsewhere or the liver fails to break them down. Over time, if too much fat is accumulated in the liver, the liver can become inflamed and the liver cells can be damaged.

Many girls will be guilty of this
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
2. SMOKING

Smoking not only harms the lungs but also harms the liver. The numerous toxic substances inhaled in cigarette smoke find their way to the liver and add to the overall toxic load placed on the organ. The chemicals cause oxidative stress that lead to formation of free radicals that destroy liver cells, This is an habit you must quit to live a long healthy life.

Many guys will be guilty of this
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by amagunnerfan: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
I am only guilty of lack of sleep and that's no fault of mine. GOD on myside it will change soon. #teamhealthyliving
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
3. LACK OF SLEEP

I know this may sound weird to most of us but it is actually true. A study published in the Journal of Anatomy found that sleep deprivation can cause oxidative stress to the liver. Another study reveals why shift workers and people who suffer from sleep deprivation suffer from a large range of health problems, such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease and more.

It was found that their livers aren’t processing fat efficiently and instead allowing fat to accumulate (which proves that the body cannot function properly without a properly working liver). Also when we sleep, our body goes into a repair process. So, make sure you get a good 8 hours of sleep, as lack of sleep will ruin your elimination process and damage your liver.

I think I need to find a solution to my insomnia. sad

Many bloggers will be guilty of this
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by tizblink: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
akilo1:
As i am talkjng to you now,i am takjng mchdowel,op i don enter inside the bottle

Lol grin

Na so
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by Djbond(m): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
everything has advantage and disadvantage... why do they keep producing it then
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
4. Drug overuse

Overuse of over-the-counter drugs and certain prescription drugs is known to cause liver damage. Some of these drugs include antidepressants, mood stabilizers, corticosteroids (used for treating inflammation) and pain relievers. It’s therefore important to review the side effects and adverse effects of medications before taking them.

Hmmmm sad

Many cultist will be guilty of this
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
iamkingzlee:
5. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

Many ladies/men will be guilty of this
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by iamkingzlee(m): 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thebachelor:

How can a man do without ahohol especially in this hard country of ours?
lol. You are guilty ehn? cheesy
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by iamkingzlee(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
whizcartel:
Sir. How about smoking marijuana? will it have the same effect?
My Oga, if na Marijuana oo, Claro, Shisha, everything!! them gather get effect cheesy
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by iamkingzlee(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
amagunnerfan:
I am only guilty of lack of sleep and that's no fault of mine. GOD on myside it will change soon. #teamhealthyliving
Correct!!!
Re: Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. by holyeye1989(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
My able king, with due respect my king. I heard u mention orijin and u arent sure of stopping it? Shai ur case worst pass any man that takes 2 crates of star daily. Cos a bottle of orijin is as bad as 3 crates of lager beer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) / Man Poisoned, Dies On His Birthday (Disturbing Photos, Video) / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.