Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,395 members, 7,947,659 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder (1101 Views)

70 Teenagers Arrested In Yenagoa During Raid. See What Police Will Do To Them / Another Nigerian Murder In South Africa By South African Police. / Teenagers Arrested In Lagos For Kidnapping Expatriates, Oil Theft (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by rexericx(m): 5:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Previous;

‘IT WAS OVER SILLY BEEF’ TEENAGER, 16, KNIFED TO DEATH IN LONDON STREET NEAR ICONIC SET OF HUGH GRANT’S NOTTING HILL SHOP
Fola Orebiyi was helped by horrified onlookers who are ‘shaken to the core’ by brutal stabbing in Notting Hill

THE tragic teen knifed to death just yards from the iconic bookshop featured in the film Notting Hill was allegedly protecting a friend over a “silly argument” when he was killed.

Fola Orebiyi died on the pavement of Portobello Road in front of horrified onlookers who say he was chased by a gang on bikes.

This is the first picture of 16-year-old Fola Orebiyi who was knifed in London’s trendy Notting Hill

Friends of Fola say he ‘was a lovely boy’

Paramedics desperately try to save the 16-year-old boy’s life has lies critically injured on Portobello Road, Notting Hill, last night

His pal, who wouldn’t give his name, lay flowers for the 16-year-old and said: “Fola was a lovely boy. So lovely.
“He wouldn’t hurt a fly.
“I know what happened, he was protecting a friend over a silly beef which turned violent.

“But no arrests have been made. They haven’t caught the people who did this.
“I put sunflowers down for him.”

Fola was apparently protecting a friend when he was killed
Witnesses say drinkers at the Portobello Star pub rushed to help the boy as they saw him stagger down the street at 8.45pm yesterday evening, but he collapsed near to Portobello Arts Club.

But despite paramedics’ efforts, the youngster lost his fight for life just two doors down from the book shop featured in Hugh Grant’s Notting Hill film.

He is the fourth teenager to be killed in London so far this year.

Passersby read tributes to the much-loved teen

Flowers have been laid at the scene where the boy was knifed to death aged just 16 years old

A mum-of-one said she watched police resuscitate the teen after he collapsed.

The woman who asked not to be named said: “It was traumatising.

“It took half an hour for the ambulance to arrive even though there are hospitals all around.

“I spoke to the person who called the police and he said it took them so long to get here.

All I could see were his feet and lots of blood. I’m a mum, for me this is so sad, that’s someone’s child. That’s someone’s baby.

Witnesswho saw Fola lying dead at the scene

“The police were all on him trying to resuscitate. All I could see were his feet and lots of blood.

“I’m a mum, for me this is so sad, that’s someone’s child. That’s someone’s baby.”

Tributes at the scene of the murder include flowers, candles, pictures and a box of tissues for mourners.

An elderly resident nearby, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I was watching TV when I heard an awful commotion downstairs.

“I watched out of the window and could see the reflection of a police car.

“There were loads of people including paramedics with orange vests on

Source : Goldmine TV
http://www.goldmyne.tv/2016/07/nigerian-teenager-fola-orebiyi-16-knifed-to-death-in-london-street/

Re: UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by midolian(m): 5:35am On Jul 06, 2016
Sad*

Another generation wasted.
Re: UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by Kruzilano(m): 5:39am On Jul 06, 2016
Rip bro.. Ashes to ashes!
Re: UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by rexericx(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
Kruzilano:
Rip bro.. Ashes to ashes!

May God console his family
Re: UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by rexericx(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hm

Re: UK teenagers arrested over 16-year-old Nigerian’s murder by rexericx(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Three teenagers have been arrested in connection with the death of a 16-year-old Nigerian, Folajimi Orebiyi, who was stabbed to death in Notting Hill, West London.

The Metropolitan police said two of the suspects – 16-year-old boys – were arrested on Monday night and were being held at separate London police stations.

The third suspect, a 15-year-old boy, was arrested earlier in the evening.
A resident, Mark Gettleson, said he was amazed by the incident and demanded that the perpetrators be arrested and brought to book.

A Nigerian security expert, Dr. Ona Ekhomu, said the attacks might have been carried out by Britons who lacked proper understanding of Brexit.

Ekhomu added, “This is something that is expected as fallout of the Brexit vote because the Brexit itself succeeded in xenophobia. Most Nigerians migrate to the UK on visas as against those who used EU protocol to come into the UK. However, a common, uneducated British guy does not know the difference.

“They think everybody is an EU beneficiary, who comes to take up their jobs. In fact, many Nigerians in the UK are expressing fears of violence and a few have said they might consider coming back to Nigeria.”

“Our government must be very aggressive about this by using diplomatic leverage.”

Source: PN

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

★ Photos: RRS Nabs "Legion Officer" For Stealing Motorcycles / Abomination: Man Rapes Goat To Death In Ondo / Man Declared Missing After Transporting Men From Kaduna To Enugu. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.