Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager (867 Views)

Regina Daniels' Skimpy Outfit Gets Her Blasted By Fans / Genevieve Nnaji shares NO-MAKE UP Pic, Blasted By Some Fans (PHOTOS) / Deportation Of Koffi Olomide From Kenya: Nigerians Blasted By Kenyans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by HFMagazine: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
This letter just came in now! Mr. Omenka Uzoma, who is supposedly Majek Fashek’s manager has written an open letter to singer, Timi Dakolo, asking him to take down all posts and airplay of his cover of the legend’s hit song, “Send Down The Rain.”

[b]My name is Omenka Uzoma Day [UZO], I am Majek Fashek’s music business consultant Manager and sole representative.

The main purpose of writing this open letter is to address the situation of you doing a cover version of Majek Fashek’s song without his prior consent or acknowledgement. Although we appreciate and we are always on hand to support young and upcoming artist, not against the fact that they remixed the songs of legends, but things have to be done in the right order, in the sense of acknowledging and giving accreditation to the rightful owners of intellectual property. We feel that there is infringement of copyright here.

I am here with Majek in London and we are working hard on Majek’s new material, which is our first and primal focus, and everything is going accordingly to God be the Glory.

So I am actually alarmed to know that you, Mr. Dakolo, an experienced, well respect Nigerian music artist within the Nigerian Entertainment, would operate in such an uncanny manner. It’s more surprising to see you steep so low as to use Majek Fashek’s iconic song ‘Send Down The Rain’ without me or Majek Fashek’s permission. It’s totally outrageous and beggars believe why you would disrespect and disregard Majek Fashek, a Nigerian international living legend.

You are trying to gain off Majek’s hard sweat. Majek does not know you personally and he has never met you or even spoken to you on the phone before. Its seems you are trying to capitalize on Majek’s ups and down.

Who did you pay and when and where did this take place? I am Majek’s only known Manager so it is interesting to know that you said you received an invoice. Please if you can kindly make this so called mysterious invoice public or any other documentation you have to prove you were giving permission to use his song.

The truth is, with all due respect you have breached a copyright infringement pertaining ‘Send Down The Rain’. You were never given permission by anyone to use the song. You did it off your own accord. So, please to avoid us washing our dirty linen in public, please if you can, kindly remove all forms of material of your cover version of ‘Send Down The Rain’.

We would welcome the opportunity to have a meeting with you to discuss things further with you, Mr. Timi Dakolo, so we can come to a neutral amicable understanding to avoid us taking legal action because our Lawyers are aware of this case.[/b] ‎

I guess we’ll just wait and see how this issue unfolds in the coming weeks.

Read The full story on HFmagazine: http://www.hfmagazineonline.com/open-letter-timi-dakolo-majek-fasheks-team-threatens-rain-pour/
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by goldbim(f): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wow!!this is serious..Timi Dakolo said he has the receipt of the transaction.. he should present it..maybe he was scammed by an impersonator..
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
omo see gobe!!
who do ee believe now. oya Timi post the receipt nau.
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by Came: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
We take things, and people for granted in Africa, na big offense Timi commit so ooooo!!!
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by EyeofHorus: 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
shocked Wahala!
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by crunchyg: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
I think posting the invoice is the only thing that can end this drama.

In other news; Mr Seun is my boy, Seun is my boy

It's still Crunchy G, the Edible guy
Re: Who Did You Pay? - Timi Dakolo Blasted By Majek's Manager by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Watch Most Horrifying Moment A TV Personality Goes Almost Nak*d On Live TV / Upcoming Nigerian Actress Shares Raunchy 'pant-less' Swimming Poolside Photo / See Throw Back Photo Of Falz The Bahdguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.