Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,187 members, 7,913,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

Car Choice Dilemma - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Choice Dilemma (1245 Views)

A First Car Choice: 2008 Nissan Altima Vs 2007 Yaris / Need advice on car choice / Coming Soon With Pictures Of Your Car Choice From US To Help You Land In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2009
Here is my dilemma. I need to change my old Celica VVTI and can't seem to decide on what to go for. Here are my choices;
a porsche cayenne
range sport
bmw 6 series coupe
X5

so if you had to choose one which one will it be and why?

Thanks y'all
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by hakinyemi(m): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
jay bee:

Here is my dilemma. I need to change my old Celica VVTI and can't seem to decide on what to go for. Here are my choices;
a porsche cayenne
range sport
bmw 6 series coupe
X5

so if you had to choose one which one will it be and why?

Thanks y'all

All are german machines. Dem bad. X5 will be @ the bottom of my list though.
Motor wey fine na money kill am sha cool
All da best
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2009
thanks bro
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by adexcarz(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
[b]2008 Range Rover Sport Super Charged  grin

REASON

Powertrain
This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2009)

The range-topping Sport is powered by a supercharged 4.2 litre all-aluminium Jaguar AJ-V8 producing 390 hp (290 kW) and 550 N·m (410 lb·ft), making it the second most powerful vehicle in the company's history, second to the larger Range Rover Vogue Supercharged which produces 400 hp (300 kW). A naturally-aspirated 4.4 litre variant produces 300 hp (220 kW) and 425 N·m (313 lb·ft) and has been adapted by Land Rover with a slightly greater capacity and increased torque. Both petrol engines have been designed with a sump and oil pick-up system to allow for operation at extreme angles. Due to lack of popularity, the naturally-aspirated power plant was omitted from the UK market in 2007. The advanced 2.7 litre turbodiesel TD V6 is an adaptation of the PSA/Ford development and produces 190 hp (140 kW) and 440 N·m (320 lb·ft) in Land Rover guise. It features a compacted graphite iron block and aluminium cylinder head with fast switching piezo crystal injectors. Debuting in both the Sport and Vogue in 2007 was the 3.6 litre twin turbodiesel TDV8. This engine is a further adaptation of the TDV6 but features a 90 degree block (as opposed to a 60 degree layout), twin variable geometry turbochargers and inlet valve deactivation. Following a short appearance in the Jaguar S-Type, the TD V8 is now a Land Rover exclusive engine. All engine variants are mated to an adaptive six-speed ZF automatic transmission with CommandShift which reacts and adapts to varying driving styles. Command Shift gives the driver the freedom to sequentially manipulate gear changes.

[color=#000099]Suspension

The Sport has suspension components similar to a Porsche 911.[1] Cross-linked air suspension, as standard, gives the driver the option of three ride height settings including a standard ride height of 172 mm (6.8 in), an off-road height of 227 mm (8.9 in) and a lowered access mode. There is also an extra height available which is accessed by holding the respective button for when the off-road ride height is not enough. When the vehicle bellies out, its control system will sense weight being lessened on the air springs and the ride height is automatically raised to the suspensions greatest articulation.The cross-link aspect of the suspension system, which debuted on the L322 Range Rover in 2002, results in better off-road performance by electronically operating valves in pneumatic lines which link adjacent air springs. In the event of a wheel on one side being raised when traveling off-road, the pneumatic valves are opened and the adjacent wheel is forced down, simulating the action of a live axle setup.

Terrain Response

Land Rover’s patented Terrain Response system which debuted on the Discovery 3 is fitted as standard on all models. Terrain Response allows the driver to adjust chassis and transmission settings to suit the terrain being traversed. Five settings are available via a rotary knob on the centre console. These include general driving; grass, gravel, snow; mud and ruts; sand; and rock crawl. Suspension ride height, engine management, throttle mapping, transfer case ranges, transmission settings, electronic driving aids (such as electronic traction control (ETC), dynamic stability control (DSC) and hill descent control (HDC)) and electronic e-diffs are all manipulated through the Terrain Response system.[2] All Range Rover Sports are equipped with a standard centre e-diff from Magna Steyr Powertrain which electronically locks and unlocks and apportions torque via means of a multi-plate clutch pack located in the transfer case which also offers ‘shift-on-the-move’ dual-range operation.[3] A rear e-diff is optional on all Range Rover Sport models and is able to lock and unlock instantaneously. An in-dash display is available which, among other things, is linked to Terrain Response and displays important off-road information such as the status of the e-diffs, the angle of the steering and wheel articulation. It is also able to inform the driver of wheels which do not have contact with the ground.[/b][/color]
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by eros(m): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
Range Sport Supercharged
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by ugonna245(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
range rover with rolls royce engine.

when you sit in the driver's seat, you will feel like you are sitting on your throne!
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2009
Range is better.
powerful.
better resale value as well
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
thanks peeps.

1 Like

Re: Car Choice Dilemma by sultaan(m): 12:11am On Sep 10, 2009
You are trying to go from a Celica to one of those!
Abi you don win lottery? grin
I can't really recommend any of those cars because they all scream "I've got money to throw away"
Worst that can be done is X5, best is E-class or Audi A6
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by thithi(f): 1:57am On Sep 10, 2009
sultaan:

You are trying to go from a Celica to one of those!
Abi you don win lottery? grin
I can't really recommend any of those cars because they all scream "I've got money to throw away"
Worst that can be done is X5, best is E-class or Audi A6

My mind too, someone from celica to one of those heavy machine?
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrNiceGuy5: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2009
wow , i will go for that range sport also if you are ready i can help you to get it from cotonue where the price will be cheaper , just call me on 08068964837 if you are ready
Mr Nice Guy
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2009
MrNice_Guy:

wow , i will go for that range sport also if you are ready i can help you to get it from cotonue where the price will be cheaper , just call me on 08068964837 if you are ready
Mr Nice Guy
i don't live in naija. the car is going to be driven in london
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrCrackles(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2009
I am not a fan of gas guzzlers to be honest. . .
Why dont you cop a Prius Sport? cool grin
Anyway based on your list up there, i will go with a Range Sport. . .
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

i'm a speed demon bro (on the flipside, the lex rx hybrid wouldn't be a bad choice)
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrCrackles(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2009
jay bee:

i'm a speed demon bro (on the flipside, the lex rx hybrid wouldn't be a bad choice)
I might have to get funding to arm every streets of london with a gatso. . . grin
Lex Hybrid is aight. . .Anything to keep the environment sustainable, i fuc.ks wit! wink
M considering trading my AUDI A4 S-Line in for a Toyota Prius. . . .I wanna go green fully!hehe
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

I might have to get funding to arm every streets of london with a gatso. . . grin
Lex Hybrid is aight. . .Anything to keep the environment sustainable, i fuc.ks wit! wink
M considering trading my AUDI A4 S-Line in for a Toyota Prius. . . .I wanna go green fully!hehe

Tell me you are joking
You want to go green by trading your Audi A4 for Prius?
Are you out of your mind?

Both cars are miles apart from each other.
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2009
hahahaa joker  grin trading an A4- s line for a prius? you sure about that? i def ain't considering contributing to the green quota on the car front.

^^
this i might consider even though it looks kinda similar to what i'm currently pulling  cool
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrCrackles(m): 10:43am On Sep 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

Tell me you are joking
You want to go green by trading your Audi A4 for Prius?
Are you out of your mind?
Both cars are miles apart from each other.
I know but anything to go green my friend. . . cool tongue cheesy
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Topic,
I'd go for the Range only because i can get a brand new one for 20% less than the actual price
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrCrackles(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2009
jay bee:

hahahaa joker grin trading an A4- s line for a prius? you sure about that? i def ain't considering contributing to the green quota on the car front.
Not until i ring Audi and see if they can specially make one fore me. . . . wink
I like the new Scirrocco too, only if they had an hybrid version but who knows, there may be one outhere. . .
For now, i will keep piling the miles on the A4
wink
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrKelly: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

That makes the two of us.
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by arsenal4va(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2009
if u be speed demon , go for the bmw 6 series all da way
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by MrCrackles(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2009
I defo wont be subscribing to the two Beemer's. . . . .
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by joxiri: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
You have put a pic of a bmw 6.45 which was not originally on the list, I will advise you to go for the 6.45 as you live in london that car is mad and very uncommon i must say that supercharged range is very common with these yuppie mummys in southwest London (Only God know how they afford it ) in fact the range sport is very common anyways
And I sense that cayenne is coming to the end of its reign either theres already a new one with modified lights which am not sure of or there will be a new one soon but the cayenne turbo s is very good too
but I will take the 6.45 all the way its expesive and very beautiful too considering its a bmw
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by joxiri: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
And in addition the 6 series has a better 2nd had value than a range, you can check on autotrader to see for yourself
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

I defo wont be subscribing to the two Beemer's. . . . .
brashy, why ain't u loving the german machines? would you consider a Q7 instead?
the insurance group is pretty much in consideration as well and so far its seems everyone is just loving the pride of suv's in which in it's own right is pegged at group 20

joxiri:

And in addition the 6 series has a better 2nd had value than a range, you can check on autotrader to see for yourself

thanks bro. i actually fell in love with the 6 series coupe after having seen numerous being driven in the city (these are the only cars i pay attention to as they are within my price range. I just close ma eyes when 'em R8, ferrari's, lamb's are roaring past)
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by Emperoh(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2009
Jaybe
Ever thought of a Cayenne with the 4.7ltr Turbocharged V8 engine?
Thats the fastest car on earth!!!
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by Busybody2(f): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
See awon London boiz with their effizy grin grin grin

And Jaybee, I must be the first damsel you take spinning in that Range cheesy otherwise remember the trusted "omorogun" angry angry angry tongue

MrCrackles:

First there was Sauron preaching, and a darned good job he was doing too and now we have Mccrackles thinking of going green, is the rapture coming or something undecided Should I be worried cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
Busy_body:

See awon London boiz with their effizy grin grin grin

And Jaybee, I must be the first damsel you take spinning in that Range cheesy otherwise remember the trusted "omorogun" angry angry angry tongue

D cheesy cheesy
busy-body on full throttle.
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by jaybee3(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2009
Looks like the cayenne is a no go as it's copped so many bad reviews online.
Re: Car Choice Dilemma by tkb417(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2009
Jaybee
i told u b4
Get the Range Sport

ill do same. . .

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD.now for 800k.1999 Model Honda Crv Forsale(registered) / The American Spec., 2005 Toyota Camry Is Still Available / Tokunbo Mack & Fiat Cold Vans For Sale @ 3.7m & 2.5m Respectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.