Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa (30990 Views)

Missiles Loaded On Nigerian Fighter Jets For Boko Haram (Photos) / See Photo Of Nigerian Fighter Jet In Action At Gambian Airport As Barrow Lands / AirForce Officers Pose With Their Fighter Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa by pomide(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
I need to comment on this lol..

That area sure looks like a BH location, and the way people were running into a specific direction looked like they were running into a bunker or something. What happened to using a small hi-resolution drone do the survey, then come on with the Fighter Jet in quick fashion during the evening probably when they are out to Pray.. and immediately bomb swiftly in and out?

that operation was a failure. BHT survived it. Bomb also missed it target falling miles away!!

Next time, after bombing like that... follow up with a Ground team to finish up!!

This is very poor!!

Philosophers need to be in the army!
Re: Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa by Bibors(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2016
tdayof:
and who told your F15 is outdated? The F-15 may be a 4th generation aircraft but it's not outdated. F22 isn't a joke Nigeria won't be getting it soon.

Guess you got me right and wrong at the same time.
F15 a 4th generation plane is outdated coz most of them are already grounded except those produced for some too counties and a few kept by the US. Still an unbeatable aircraft though but competition still pushed for better models hence the F22. Bros where have we been since technology started that we are only hoping to buy outdated products and still be forming with it.
Naija make ur own planes.
Re: Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa by tdayof(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bibors:

Guess you got me right and wrong at the same time.
F15 a 4th generation plane is outdated coz most of them are already grounded except those produced for some too counties and a few kept by the US. Still an unbeatable aircraft though but competition still pushed for better models hence the F22. Bros where have we been since technology started that we are only hoping to buy outdated products and still be forming with it.
Naija make ur own planes.
US still have almost or more than 400 in service and all are expected to be in service till 2030. Yes due to technological advancement, I don't think the United States will try deploying an F15 in a very challenging area when challenging aircrafts like the SU27 ,mig29 , tejas etc. The f16 seems to have witnessed great upgrades than the f15 most especially in avionics and radars.

Haha you are right but I believe Nigeria has the capability. There should be over a thousand Nigerian studying aerospace engineering both graduate and people still studying. So if the government can provide neccesary equipment and with the help of reverse engineering, Nigeria should be able to manufacture airplanes.
Re: Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa by Bibors(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Haha you are right but I believe Nigeria has the capability. There should be over a thousand Nigerian studying aerospace engineering both graduate and people still studying. So if the government can provide neccesary equipment and with the help of reverse engineering, Nigeria should be able to manufacture airplanes. [/quote]

While I agree with you in theory, I still dont agree we will ever make such an aircraft. Those undergraduates of aerospace engineering will end up working for developed countries or comeback and look for another destiny.
The black man is so funny while in Africa. Companies that make cars, machines ,aircrafts etc are not owned by the government. The American air force gave contracts to such companies with specifications. But we see here is stealing, steal and steal again without bringing the monies together to establish 21st century firms other that properties. Even when the monies are recovered, only God knows where it is recovered into.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Earned N60.2m In Three Years, Atiku Tells INEC / The Deadly Condition Of Ejigbo After Heavy Rainfall (PHOTOS) / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.