Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,951 members, 7,890,130 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:46 AM

Fifa Rankings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Rankings (1892 Views)

Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings / Nigeria Drops To 63rd On FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Rankings by vichel(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2005
Please somebody abeg make una explain to me how Fifa come rank the American Male soccer team higher over the Super Eagles

Una know say there is no way in hell The US team go fit beat us, Watin una think about them Fifa Rankings?
Re: Fifa Rankings by seeni4ever(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2005
how many games nigeria played and won in the past years?. we dont perform very well. america played and win many games including their world cup qualifiers
Re: Fifa Rankings by nicetohave(m): 5:07am On Dec 10, 2005
and who even told you the US team cant beat the super eagles when the super eagles cant beat the angolans that the USA are going to whip silly at the mundial...look dont say that again, the thought of it alone make my head hurt.
Re: Fifa Rankings by vichel(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2005
I don't mean to touch any bad spots wink But look at it this way the new super eagles team is unbelievable, i can tell for a fact that they can take on anybody from the Top 10. Let me ask u a question, How many matches has england played? and how many have they won? Didn't they just get their ass whooped by northern ireland. They have not won any major trophies since 1966 but they are rated very high. We have bad management, but there is no denying the fact that we have a world class team that can beat any country in the world. Pls on physical level and talent the Us team is no way compared to the Super Eagles
Re: Fifa Rankings by nicetohave(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2005
And they cant beat Angola? remember that singular last minute goal in kano sent us out of the world cup race ever before the last macth was played...i knew we were out. It is sad believe me...we have a good but unreliable team! that is what constitute rankings...consistency...i dont know what are fifa's criteria but i know our super eagles deserve the spot they occupy presently...did i hear someone say Romania 3 vs Nigeria 0 ?
Re: Fifa Rankings by c0dec(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2005
1. look, if we play USA now, we'll lose.

2. the FIFA rankings don't make sense, the USA is rated higher than Italy. explain that.
Re: Fifa Rankings by nicetohave(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2005
c0dec...its really not about the match results now...because a football match can swing either way...its the consistency and the knack for taking the chances that comes your way that counts...we flaundered big time...thats the key thing...italy hasnt been spectacular either...remember USA topped the concacaf group...and has been in good form.
Re: Fifa Rankings by osyta(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2005
how fifa wan take rank them, to qualify for world cup na post jambnot to talk of wining friendly's. fifa don even try wen him dey still rank them
Re: Fifa Rankings by c0dec(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2005
nicetohave:

c0dec...its really not about the match results now...because a football match can swing either way...its the consistency and the knack for taking the chances that comes your way that counts...we flaundered big time...thats the key thing...italy hasnt been spectacular either...remember USA topped the concacaf group...and has been in good form.

well, italy also topped their group five points clear of the 2nd placed norway. in recent friendlies against the dutch and germans, the italians won. that's consistent enough for me.
Re: Fifa Rankings by nicetohave(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2005
noted...lets see what Germany 2006 will bring...but for the super eagles, they need more character
Re: Fifa Rankings by LoverBwoy(m): 3:06am On Dec 31, 2005
WHY DONT WE TRY N GET USA VS NIGERIA GAME..
CONTACT SOME FEW JOURNALIST N THEY SHOULD HOPEFULLY PUT IT FORWARD TO DA NFA!!

MORE PLAYERS WILL BE WILLING TO PLAY USA THAN ROMANIA...( THEY LOST THEIR WAY TO DA MATCH!! GOT THERE 2HRS B4 DA GAME)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fifa Rankings by adidison(m): 10:41pm On Feb 15, 2006
Man u guys, Nigeria's position on the FIFA ranking is correct bcus they consider points played in every match (friendly n competition) so u can't really blame them. Nigerians really have to sit down and trace were the problem is coming from. Trust me it is suppose to be first place Brazil then second place Nigeria, bcus we are the second largest country to export players abroad, after brazil who happen to be the first and we are one of the most skillful countries. Another thing about Nigeria is that, our Nigerian players play for money while other countries play for the passion of the game, TRUST ME IT REALLY COUNTS.
Nice to be part of this site mates. The names Adonis, the next best thing. FOR REAL O.see ya.

(1) (Reply)

Ekhigo Ehiosun: Nigeria's Version Of Didier Drogba Is Born! / Picture Of Arsenal's Jack Wilshere Cooking / Do You Remember This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.