Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly (30322 Views)

Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / De-Damak Motors Donates 2 SUVs To Nigerian Army. Photos / Govenor Wike Hands Over 16 SUVs To National Assembly Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Guyman02: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
smarleybiz:

Note, IBO remains de correct one.....we are the Ibos while our language is igbo... Ask ur igbo teacher for more counsel...

We are NDi IGBO is the correct name not Ndi IBO ask your father not your teacher. The British called Igbos IBOS because they cant pronounce the 'gb' sound
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by ofwest47(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2016
You can now see what these polititives are into, from top to bottom of them they are not concerned about the welfare of the citizenry from unpaid salaries to dilapidated schools,roads, poor health facilities and other infrastructural decays yet what they are concerned about is their immediate enjoyment. They have vehicle assembly plant at their back yard yet they are not bothered about buy Nigeria goods. Those are Nigerian leaders for you.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by SMARTKOSSY: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:
[b]My South East brothers who are wont to calling PMB all sorts of names. My question is WHO IS MORE OF A DULLARD BETWEEN UMAHI and BUHARI? I staunchly believe it's the former.

a) Ebonyi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria with low monthly allocation and poor IGR yet the Governor could donate 2016 Prado SUVs not to school principals or civil servants but to House members who already has.

b) The price of the lowest 2016 Prado SUV is
52,990 dollars, if dollar to naira is pegged 1-#300,that's around 15,897,000.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/62136/toyota-prado-2016-australian-price-and-features-gx-gxl-vx-kakadu

c) What happened to INNOSON Motors? What happened to buy Nigeria to raise the naira campaign by the Twitter SINator BMB, I could remember how our Ibo brothers vilified Ambode for not patronising Innoson only for Wike to donate Honda cars some days later.

d) If the FG had bought this same Prado SUVs, the noise of PMB being anti-Ibo would be trending on Twitter.

e) I challenge Nairalanders in the South West to this exercise, whenever you see an Ibo man hawking anything in traffic, ask him his state of Origin, there is 75% chance that he is from Ebonyi, it used to be Akwa Ibom before. Political Platform on Raypower challenged its listeners to it and I found out it's true

f) If your governors wouldn't patronise INNOSON, no one else would.
I am sure many will QUOTE me that I'm obsessed with the Ibos, I'm only a Nigerian who loves the truth. [/b]
Ok but take note it's igbo not ibo

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by MCeeShort(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
This is pure stupidity.
Why give cars to men who already earn 6 figures? Soon they'll tell us Ebonyi can't pay salary. Skaliwags!
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by olamirey(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
I sincerely hope he isn't owing salaries.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Uncleodi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for raising that point.
Moreover is it that the salary of these legisLOOTERS is not enough compared to the minimum wage of N18,000 to warrant dashing them SUVs on top?
Anyway if the people of Ebonyi are so carefree about how their:

- federal allocation
- taxes/IGR
- loans

are spent while they do not have:

- TAP water
- education for all children
- good roads
- clinics and hospitals

that can create EMPLOYMENT for their people so they don't flood into Lagos state to be abused by Yorubas, na them sabi oh!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/74vc52ydm52c5t07ebvrac20n353e0oy19384[/img]

The cars are not for DASH / FREE...
The money will be deducted gradually from their allowances for a period of say 4yrs.

So nobody should criticise the government.

Meanwhile, these lawmakers have been without official vehicles since one year I office. Meanwhile, other states like Delta bought land cruiser for each of the lawmakers and I believe it is more expensive.

It is the duty of every government to provide vehicles for her lawmakers PMB did same for federal lawmakers. So I don't see how Dave Umahi erred.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Uncleodi(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for raising that point.
Moreover is it that the salary of these legisLOOTERS is not enough compared to the minimum wage of N18,000 to warrant dashing them SUVs on top?
Anyway if the people of Ebonyi are so carefree about how their:

- federal allocation
- taxes/IGR
- loans

are spent while they do not have:

- TAP water
- education for all children
- good roads
- clinics and hospitals

that can create EMPLOYMENT for their people so they don't flood into Lagos state to be abused by Yorubas, na them sabi oh!

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/74vc52ydm52c5t07ebvrac20n353e0oy19384[/img]

The cars are not for DASH / FREE...
The money will be deducted gradually from their allowances for a period of say 4yrs.

So nobody should criticise the government.

Meanwhile, these lawmakers have been without official vehicles since one year in office.

Meanwhile, other states like Delta bought land cruiser for each of her lawmaker and I believe it is more expensive.

It is the duty of every government to provide vehicles for her lawmakers PMB did same for federal lawmakers. So I don't see how Dave Umahi erred. After all, he is not owing workers.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by omogerohprecious(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am not from that state
But this thing really touched me to my bone.
It pain's me to know how we are wasting money in such hardship
How money is circulating among the rich.
After this, they will go for a dinner party.
Chai
The price of one of this cars can actually change my life forever

!!!!
May God pick my calls and punish proverty forever!!!tears drop!
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by plendil: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
is this really true? where did he get the money from?
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by veraiyke(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Stupidity and wickedness. All of una ought to be slaughtered. Ppl dey suffer n ur state infrasturally bereft, standard of living despicable n all u care abt is buying latest SUV for ur fellow thieves who dnt need it. Oh God!
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by olumalcolm(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Dose marafvcking ipods wont c dis post nw but dey wuld b so quick to pass judgement on d president for serving fud. Awon omo ale. I wonder hw u pple reasn @ times. C hw dey avoid dis thread lik a plague. Eni kuure. Most confused set of tribe in d world. Even in benin republic,d definition of foreigner is "IGBO".
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by comrChris(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
sylvez:

He has not paid o n he is even planning to cut salaries by 50%, not only dat, primary school pupils now pay N400 each for a customized report card carrying his photo n dat of his wife, it still did not end there, secondary school students now pay N1400 for wat I don't even know, during his campaign he promised to reduce school fees instead he is now planning to cut lecturers salaries, he is the first governor to owe lecturers salary. we have only two industries; the govt house and the universities. am not sure weda Ebonyi can absorb up to 5% of her graduates annually. d only thing that thrives in this state is hotel business, clubs n bars, every other kind of business is at owners risk, there is poor standard of living, no adequate social amenities such as health centres etc, d university as a whole does not have adequate clinic, he managed to fix major roads because of the dignitaries that visited for his mothers burial since after then other uncompleted roads have been abandoned till date.
Am an indigenous of Ebonyi state n a 400level student of Ebsu currently in Abakaliki typing live from my hostel @Ishieke campus.
pls get ur fact right Dave started work immediately the next day after he was sworn in even before his mother died and for you to say work stopped after the burial has also proven u r very economical with the truth because l visited abakaliki n afikpo last month and work is still going on in some major projects I saw..
for the salary l learnt he slashed it which l believe is not good but the governor said he did for him to be able to pay workers their salary every month n he is not owing them at least for now

NB: am from Ebonyi too,afikpo north precisely n I condemn this act of wasting such huge amount of money on frivolous things like this, i dont think i need a seer to tell me all these are for his selfish ambition
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by MIM77(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
In a period of dwindling revenue to all the tiers of government, instead of buying cheaper cars that have low cost of fueling and maintenance, our politicians are only thinking of living large. I pity Nigerian politicians with their patterns of reasoning. Imagine, my state, Taraba, whose IGR per annum is not up to an LGA's IGR in Lagos State buying Jeeps for Commissioners and House of assembly members for 10ths of millions/unit. Meanwhile full salaries and allowances are not paid. May God change the reasoning patterns of our leaders.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by kpomkwem(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2016
I don't think I've ever heard of any Nigerian politician buying Nigerian-made (or even African-made) cars, like Innoson cars. What's wrong with our politicians not patronizing Nigerians?
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Isiji: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
i was hoping that my Gov. will adopt the chinese economic reform ever since he took over as No.1 of Ebonyi knowing fully well that a state like ours needs to divest in other sectors of the economy to boost a balance development
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by LordofNaija: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria is completely doomed. I'm off to Niger.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Deepfreezer(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Bolustic:
[b]My South East brothers who are wont to calling PMB all sorts of names. My question is WHO IS MORE OF A DULLARD BETWEEN UMAHI and BUHARI? I staunchly believe it's the former.

a) Ebonyi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria with low monthly allocation and poor IGR yet the Governor could donate 2016 Prado SUVs not to school principals or civil servants but to House members who already has.

b) The price of the lowest 2016 Prado SUV is
52,990 dollars, if dollar to naira is pegged 1-#300,that's around 15,897,000.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/62136/toyota-prado-2016-australian-price-and-features-gx-gxl-vx-kakadu

c) What happened to INNOSON Motors? What happened to buy Nigeria to raise the naira campaign by the Twitter SINator BMB, I could remember how our Ibo brothers vilified Ambode for not patronising Innoson only for Wike to donate Honda cars some days later.

d) If the FG had bought this same Prado SUVs, the noise of PMB being anti-Ibo would be trending on Twitter.

e) I challenge Nairalanders in the South West to this exercise, whenever you see an Ibo man hawking anything in traffic, ask him his state of Origin, there is 75% chance that he is from Ebonyi, it used to be Akwa Ibom before. Political Platform on Raypower challenged its listeners to it and I found out it's true

f) If your governors wouldn't patronise INNOSON, no one else would.
I am sure many will QUOTE me that I'm obsessed with the Ibos, I'm only a Nigerian who loves the truth. [/b]
shut up and don't say what u know nothing about. I'm sure you're from one of these states they owe workers. Yes Ebony is the poorest state in Nigeria but the governor doesn't owe workers and he provides amenities to her citizens. Life in ebony is so smooth that they can afford to give out 2016 Prado suv to lawmakers. Ebony is rich like.
FYI ain't from Ebony state thou.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by adimsmt: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Akiika: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
This is the development?
Later this same Governor will be crying for bailout fund! sick!
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by sledok: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
Let the Governor use the money to help the poor people in his state instead of spending it on the rich. Let the indegenes of the state protest and collect the prado jeeps back. Tomorrow the Governor will tell Nigerians that the state is broke.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by KingTom(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
adexsimply:
LOL. Seriously? This same Ebonyi state? The Ebonyi state that has Abakaliki as its capital? Come on.
the very one
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by KingTom(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
wristbangle:

On point boss. Ofcourse they hail them becos they drop small chicken change for them. Nigerians don't know their worth and they are too money driven.
You hit the nail right on the head
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by KingTom(m): 11:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
ericmor:

True talk about the last line of Ur statement. We are problem ourselves
exactly my brother
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Curryyamz(m): 11:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
These people need to be seeing this things,people are suffering too much in this country and yet u just donated jeeps to people who don't need it,for what reason did u even donate the jeeps,there are people who need these things moreeeee than the honourables u gave it to,sometimes these Igbo governors act like they didn't even attend school at all,thereby cordoba ting the notion that igbos do not like education ,your state is one of the poorest states and your doing this.i cry for this country because it is fantastically corrupt and stupidly run by half illiterates
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by comrChris(m): 1:36am On Jul 09, 2016
Curryyamz:
These people need to be seeing this things,people are suffering too much in this country and yet u just donated jeeps to people who don't need it,for what reason did u even donate the jeeps,there are people who need these things moreeeee than the honourables u gave it to,sometimes these Igbo governors act like they didn't even attend school at all,thereby cordoba ting the notion that igbos do not like education ,your state is one of the poorest states and your doing this.i cry for this country because it is fantastically corrupt and stupidly run by half illiterates
oga na by force to comment? just read the trash u putted up there and see if there is an oita of sense there
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Duru1(m): 1:46am On Jul 09, 2016
Nigeria and Nigerians are the prettiest jokes God ever created.
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Hernandez88(m): 6:36am On Jul 09, 2016
As long as he is not owing his workers salary......Ba wahala...!

Bt if he be Aregbesola room mate & doing all dis rubbish.......he need re-formatting slap cos each vehicle will cost over 15 million naira.

9ja politics sha.......I smh
Re: Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly by Doggieman(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2016
Am sure salaries of poor civil servants still owed in that state. Smh
Benikuuse:
But what is the essence of buying big cars for these people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick / If Yusuf Datti Wins His Polling Unit I Will Never Tweet Again - Bahir El-Rufai / What Rochas Okorocha Told Tinubu About Igbo Marginalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.