Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,869 members, 7,969,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? (520 Views)

When You've To Go Back & Apologize To Your Ex After Hurting Her (photos) / Is It Right To Care About The Happiness Of An Ex After Leaving Her? / Is It Necessary To Keep In Touch With Your Ex's After Breakup?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by GesiyeBenjamin: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Some people see nothing wrong in been still close to their ex after they've moved on to another relationship. And then if their partner had an issue with it, they'd say he's been insecure. I mean, if he has to admit to been insecure on this one issue to separate that closeness, then I'll say he should be hundred fold insecure. Seriously, I feel it's not safe. And it will put AVOIDABLE PRESSURE on your relationship. And then for some, the ex is their best pal. They run to him for every pin and curry. He knows about everything that's going on in the relationship. You know what I'll say to you, divorce your husband and go marry your ex. No, don't take that as an advice. That's a prediction. Because one day when you have a banter with your relationship, and he's trying to comfort you, just one day, you may gradually begin to continue from where you left off. You may want to say, "but nothing is happening between us, my husband knows that." Really, does he? Have you asked him if he is confortable with with that level of closeness with your ex? Is he not trying to act comfortable because he wants to be a man? I mean, you are in an emotional relationship with your ex, and that's cheating on your husband.
Some pressure you pour on your relationship can be totally avoided. There's no point playing to it.

And If you're the one that is close to an ex that is now married, please I beg you, for the sake of her marriage, give her space. I think it's the the right thing to do. It's my opinion, what do you think?
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by SweetieConstie(f): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2016
It's not safe at all... Shikena! undecided
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by Spicylate(f): 10:59am On Jul 08, 2016
I wouldn't.
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by Kunberg: 11:01am On Jul 08, 2016
I believe that your past, and there's no need keep your past because the past will affect the present
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2016
****I can't spit my Saliva and leak it back.......***undecided

Forget about ur past......n move on......

Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by Cutehector(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2016
I dnt wish to have any new ex again
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
grin I never wish to get closer to my exes...buh they're the one who keep coming back like they still want some of the crumbs from my cookie jar tongue

Damn....tats y they can't blame if i blocked their asses. I want to move on. cool
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by VaginaTerrorist(m): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
Forget what it was and worry about what it is stop living in the past. The past makes us who we are. Burn bridges that may bring past. Never use one route twice. Take what ever you can, give notting back, Delet history, lock their doors with pride, swalow the keyzzzzzzz and move on!!! Thats how I operate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by IamSimi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
See stupiid question, when u knw d answer u dey ask us
Re: Should I Still Be Close To My Ex After Getting Married? by GesiyeBenjamin: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
The intent of the question is to raise awareness to these things. It's not everybody that knows it's not safe. I am a relationship coach. You did not have to call it foolish. Just give your opinion so others can learn too.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read Letter To Most Nigerian Men!!! / Which Do You Prefer? / A Very Strong Advice To Our Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.