Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:28 AM

My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU (459 Views)

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu / Okorocha Hosts Heartland Football Club To A Victory Dinner / My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU by umunna(f): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
The Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has described his victory at the Owerri High court against Mr. Friday Nwosu as a victory of light over darkness, good over evil and victory for the Judiciary. He called on his brothers in Abia North and South to shield their sword and join him to develop Abia.

The Governor made this call while hosting his team of lawyers, who came back victoriously from Owerri High court. He expressed happiness that the Judge says he remains the Governor, having declared that his tax papers are genuine and that he was qualified to contest in the 2015 election.

Dr. Ikpeazu said that the attempt made against his mandate was against the law, stating that God of justice has vindicated him. He thanked Mr. President, who said that 'status quo should be maintained' until the court gives verdict and appreciated Nigerian public for standing behind him and the lawyers for their dogged fight, assuring that he will continue to serve Abia sincerely.

Speaking, the lead counsel to the Governor, Barr. Theo Nkeire described the judgement as the beginning of their success in Dr. Ikpeazu's legal battle. According to him, tax law in Abia State runs from January, 1st to December, 31st each year and the day, whether Saturday or Sunday is immaterial. He added that, the Judge said that the greatest authority for tax issues is the Board of Internal Revenue (B.I.R), informing that B.I.R through an affidavit confirmed that the Governor actually paid his taxes.

Bar Theo went further to explain that the said Tax papers have passed ICAN and CITN assessment, who gave professional stand and confirmed that the assessment is in line with tax best practice. Bar Theo thanked members of his team for keeping faith with him.
Re: My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU by saintkel(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Where is lala now, push dis to front page

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Mistake Makes Us Lose 2015 Election - Ex-pdp Chairman / PHOTOS: Kano Governor Umar Ganduje Arrives Sokoto State On A Condolence Visit. / Buhari Did Not Marginalized The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.