Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,145 members, 7,916,363 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:41 PM

Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 (450 Views)

Arsenal Want To Sign This Goalkeeper As Cech’s Replacement This Summer / Mourinho Will Help Me At Man City, Says Guardiola July 8, 2016 / Petr Cech Retires From International Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 by happymuba: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
Veteran goalkeeper Petr Cech has announced his retirement from international football after a record 124 games for the Czech Republic over an eventful 14-year career. Petr Cech "I would hate to end up in a situation when I would start feeling tired midway through a qualifying campaign," the 34-year-old told reporters in Prague on Friday. "I like to do things at a 100 percent." "The decision is final." "I feel there will be a moment when I will need more time to rest," said the former Chelsea and current Arsenal stopper. Cech played all three games for the Czech Republic at Euro 2016, where his team lost to Spain and Turkey and drew with Croatia, bowing out after the group phase with a single point. "I'm sorry we failed to fulfil the potential of the team, we obviously could have done better," said Cech . His move from Chelsea to Arsenal last year made the headlines, and so did his season. He beat Karel Poborsky's record of 118 games for the Czech Republic and then passed David James as the man with the most clean sheets in the Premier League, stopping for now at 178, with James making 169. Born on May 20, 1982, Cech played for Czech top-flight sides Blsany and Sparta Prague before moving to Rennes in France in 2002. He then joined Chelsea in 2004, after a European Championship at which the Czechs got to the semi-finals, beating Germany and the Netherlands en route. With Chelsea he won four Premier League titles (2005, 2006, 2010, 2015), the Champions League (2012), the Europa League (2013) and a host of other trophies. After 11 years with the Blues, Cech made a £10 million ($14.4 million) move across London to join the Gunners as he only managed seven games in the 2014/2015 season, shaded by manager Jose Mourinho's first-choice keeper Thibaut Courtois.

Re: Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 by Lamzee(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Legend Cech
Re: Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
I love you cech especially in pes
Re: Veteran Goalkeeper, Petr Cech Ends International Career On July 8, 2016 by happymuba: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
so Good for PEs and also in His career

(1) (Reply)

Four Steps To Overcoming Fear. / Mr. President, What If? / Lol... See The Reply To A Scammer Who Claimed To Be A Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.