Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,033 members, 7,946,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Msc Mechanical Advise: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc Mechanical Advise: (1553 Views)

Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Mechanical Advise: by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 09, 2016
Please i would need am advice concerning a career path with an Msc in mechanical engineering.
Unilag has three course options in mechanical engineering
1. Applied Kinetics
2. Design and production
3. Thermofluids

I want to pick Design and production especially for my interest in control engineering, however i need to know which will be profitable to me before i submit my application.
Please experienced engineers or MSc holders should please give an advice, i would be grateful. Thanks
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by lazyList: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2016
crixtex:
Please i would need am advice concerning a career path with an Msc in mechanical engineering.
Unilag has three course options in mechanical engineering
1. Applied Kinetics
2. Design and production
3. Thermofluids

I want to pick Design and production especially for my interest in control engineering, however i need to know which will be profitable to me before i submit my application.
Please experienced engineers or MSc holders should please give an advice, i would be grateful. Thanks
Design and production!!!

Very much profitable...
You can be an all rounder!

Moreover the two most profitable option for a mechanical engineer in this part of the world are:
1. Design and Production
2. Energy and Power(lag dnt ve this option)

Goodluck!
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by Qpetz: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2016
I'm in the same situation, but the available options are:
1. Applied Mechanics and Design option. 2. Industrial and Production option. 3. Thermo-fluids, Power and Automotive option. 4. Material science and Metallurgical Engineering option
Any opinion is welcome!
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by elosonservices(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2016
Design and production.
I did design in my degree i prefer same in master not because of the money it will generate but for d love of design and production.
Best of luck
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2016
lazyList:
Design and production!!!

Very much profitable...
You can be an all rounder!

Moreover the two most profitable option for a mechanical engineer in this part of the world are:
1. Design and Production
2. Energy and Power(lag dnt ve this option)

Goodluck!

Thanks bro...
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by lazyList: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Qpetz:
I'm in the same situation, but the available options are:
1. Applied Mechanics and Design option. 2. Industrial and Production option. 3. Thermo-fluids, Power and Automotive option. 4. Material science and Metallurgical Engineering option
Any opinion is welcome!
options 2 and 3 are exclusive for mechanical engineers.

More so u won't have to compete with guys who studied physics, Solid mechanics and the met. mat. dudes as regard options 1 and 4.

More over 3 is excellent!
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by Qpetz: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
lazyList:
options 2 and 3 are exclusive for mechanical engineers.

More so u won't have to compete with guys who studied physics, Solid mechanics and the met. mat. dudes as regard options 1 and 4.

More over 3 is excellent!
Though I could barely understand you, thank you for the opinion!
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by lazyList: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Qpetz:
Though I could barely understand you, thank you for the opinion!
Industrial and Production option AND Thermo-fluids, Power and Automotive option are CORE mechanical engineering options... Therefore no person from any other discipline can boast of them...

But options such as Applied Mechanics and Design option AND Material science and Metallurgical Engineering option are available for students who studied other courses like Physics, Solid mechanics, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering etc. Hence more competition.
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by Qpetz: 1:06am On Jul 10, 2016
lazyList:

Industrial and Production option AND Thermo-fluids, Power and Automotive option are CORE mechanical engineering options... Therefore no person from any other discipline can boast of them...

But options such as Applied Mechanics and Design option AND Material science and Metallurgical Engineering option are available for students who studied other courses like Physics, Solid mechanics, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering etc. Hence more competition.
I appreciate your humble opinion.
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by dumebi2605: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Guys pls, what is the duration of the msc(design and production)
Re: Msc Mechanical Advise: by Greatken007(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
Am currently doing Energy and power, although am done with course work,Thermo-fluid is not too far from it.All the world is talking about nw is energy and power.In a general view mechanical engineering is an interesting discipline.Design , materials are also cool.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government (BEA) Scholarships For Nigerians, 2019/2020 / Skye Bank Sacks 350 Staff Of Mainstreet Bank / What Is M.ba All About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.