Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,269 members, 7,887,785 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:47 PM

Rooted Phone Tweaks - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooted Phone Tweaks (7439 Views)

4 Of The Best Whatsapp Tricks And Tweaks check out trick 2 it will wahoo u / Unlimited Free Browsing Tweaks That Are Still Working August 2016 (7mb/s) / How To Enjoy 100MB Plus #300 Airtime With #100 On Glo. (no Tweaks) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by lordhbk: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Go to settings menu look for security or privacy under one of them you should be able to see the guest mode.
have found and Mark the gust mode but can't find where to switch
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Cutehector(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
druxy:
oya...following
hey watsup bro, it's your boy hector. I wish to solicit for your support to vote for falconey for mr nairaland. Just as u voted in the last contest, ur votes will go a long way in making him d winner.

I was impressed with his topics and I decided to support him as well.

I look foward to your positive reply on this. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Sirfrederick(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Following steady
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by adiposus: 12:02am On Jul 11, 2016
can I use build prop editor app?how do I paste the info....Rom toolbox keep crashing in my infinix zero 3....tnx
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by ganagagi: 4:37am On Jul 11, 2016
How to increase battery life pls
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by ganagagi: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2016
How to improve battery life
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2016
adiposus:
can I use build prop editor app?how do I paste the info....Rom toolbox keep crashing in my infinix zero 3....tnx

Yes you can use prop editor app. It's pretty much a straightforward app all you do is edit the build.prop, scroll down to the bottom of the script then paste and save. Reboot and you are done
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Naughtylyn: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Know any good phone repairs outlet? Find out. A great technician makes thousands per day supporting the latest smartphones and other cellphones!

Employ Yourself 

For the comprehensive book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs everyone is talking about, click the link below and get it here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Marvel1206: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:
Increase 3G download speed

Are you aware your download speed can be slow due to your phone configuration not the network speed that's why some can't go beyond 500kb/s even when the network offers more than 1000kb/s download speed. Well here's a tweak to help you increase your speed.

Edit your build.prop and find this lines when you do change the values to the numbers below, save and reboot twice.
Enjoy lightening download speed.

ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=5

I couldn't find these to ro.ril stuffs o

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 10:24am On Jul 11, 2016
Marvel1206:

I couldn't find these to ro.ril stuffs o

That's not the whole screenshot of your build. Prop look carefully at each line it's right there but not on this screenshot
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Marvel1206: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

That's not the whole screenshot of your build. Prop look carefully at each line it's right there but not on this screenshot

i've checked it i ddn't see it..

I only saw one ro.ril but its diff

my phone is not MTK
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2016
Marvel1206:

i've checked it i ddn't see it..

I only saw one ro.ril but its diff

my phone is not MTK

Which phone are you using
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by gentlegenius(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I am starting with build.prop tweaks

For those who have no idea what this is but have their phone rooted you can ask question.

MULTI User feature

Add multi user to your phone if the feature is missing. This feature helps if you share your phone with people it basically let's you switch between different users like you have on PC. You can have your main username account which contains all your info and data then a second account which can be left empty.
When you find those snoopy police men just switch to the second user account which is empty and hand over your phone grin grin.

To do this download Rom toolbox lite from playstore, install and fire up. Swipe right to locate the build.prop editor then click on the pen icon below to edit the build.prop
Scroll down to the bottom, copy and paste this then save and reboot......... You are done, now you have multi user account enabled.

fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1
I've done exactly what you wrote here, yet
the user menu doesn't show up anywhere in my settings. What else should I do?
Meanwhile, I'm using a custom ROM.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Marvel1206: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Which phone are you using
itel 1503
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
gentlegenius:

I've done exactly what you wrote here, yet
the user menu doesn't show up anywhere in my settings. What else should I do?
Meanwhile, I'm using a custom ROM.

Which phone and Rom do you have?
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by gentlegenius(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Which phone and Rom do you have?
I'm using Tecno L5 with cubot p11 custom ROM installed.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Pet1620: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
Can it be done on a factory rooted tab without the use of superuser?
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
gentlegenius:

I'm using Tecno L5 with cubot p11 custom ROM installed.

Repeat the process and reboot it will show up
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
Pet1620:
Can it be done on a factory rooted tab without the use of superuser?

There's nothing like factory rooted. If your phone don't have superuser you are not rooted.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Pet1620: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Phonefanatic:

There's nothing like factory rooted. If your phone don't have superuser you are not rooted.

It is factory rooted...becus i can use any app that requires root access with my tab via ainol tab
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2016
Pet1620:

It is factory rooted...becus i can use any app that requires root access with my tab via ainol tab
what the heck it factory rooted? No manufacturer would root their phone when they know it void warranty.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Pet1620: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2016
Collinz2:
what the heck it factory rooted? No manufacturer would root their phone when they know it void warranty.

But root verifier app shows that it is rooted and is not most for superuser to be applied for ur fone to be rooted...i once used pc to root my samsung gallaxy S3 and u can't unroot it with hard format.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Ebubemg(m): 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Collinz2:
My phone is factory rooted
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by jiggar(m): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Phonefanatic:

"Taps mic and clears throat"

Not having superuser displayed on a rooted device, doesn't necessarily mean, the phone is not rooted.

My phone for example. I am using a Tecno H6, running AICP Marshmallow cm13 rom, and no superuser on it. It's baked directly into the custom rom, so it's not visible.

Although, I could flash the superuser, if I wanted to. But for now, it's not needed.

"Drops mic and leaves"

1 Like

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
jiggar:

Not having superuser displayed on a rooted device, doesn't necessarily mean, the phone is not rooted.

My phone for example. I am using a Tecno H6, running AICP Marshmallow cm13 rom, and no superuser on it. It's baked directly into the custom rom, so it's not visible.

Although, I could flash the superuser, if I wanted to. But for now, it's not needed.

"Drops mic and leaves"
ur case is different u installed a rooted custom rom but the guy is saying the oem rooted his phone which is not possible.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ebubemg:
which phone is that?
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ebubemg:
which phone is that?
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ebubemg:
which phone is that?
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by gentlegenius(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Repeat the process and reboot it will show up
I repeated the the process yet users doesn’t show up anywhere.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
jiggar:

"Drops mic and leaves"

There's no root without superuser Bros what you have on your phone is a custom ROM with the superuser icon hidden.

To confirm go to playstore and search superuser or supersu it will surely show you have it installed if you can't find it you are not rooted yet. Download root checker app to verify
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by jiggar(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Phonefanatic:

There's no root without superuser Bros what you have on your phone is a custom ROM with the superuser icon hidden.

To confirm go to playstore and search superuser or supersu it will surely show you have it installed if you can't find it you are not rooted yet. Download root checker app to verify

After following all you wrote, it's seems there is nothing like supersu on my phone.

And to add to it, to instal a custom rom, you need full root access. Attached are screenies of my phone, without superuser.

"Drops mic and leaves"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee Gpad G3 Discussion Thread / Woke Up This Morning And I Saw This. / How To Use Netflix With Little Data And Download Netflix Unlimited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.