Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,949 members, 7,963,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:27 AM

How Do You Get Over An Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Get Over An Ex? (1973 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / When You See An Ex / Can You Ever Forgive Your Girlfriend After Confessing Cheat With An Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by topup: 12:38am On Sep 11, 2009
If you haven't already devoted some time to think about your ex, do so now, because pretending like he never existed could be one of the reasons why he keeps popping up, 2 years later. Secondly, there is NO timeline, depending on how you connected with the person in the relationship, you may take even longer to get over him, or much much less.

You should be attempting to direct the focus from the ex to yourself. Make yourself your centre of attention, work on your personality, interests, traits, attitude towards life and how you deal with people.

If you're trying to move on so that you can find a much better replacement, don't try and focus too much on the replacement, but making yourself attractive in many ways to the opposite sex, most of all, please yourself first, because equally there are many people involved in relationships who would love to be single and free again.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Dclique(m): 2:22am On Sep 11, 2009
Hmm,i see we have love doctors in the house.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by topup: 2:48am On Sep 11, 2009
@ pc_guru, I've just finished watching that movie; "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.", and I have to say this has made it onto the list of movies that I just adore, along with "Candy" with Heath Ledger etc.

Great movie, really touching, it leaves you yearning but not quite empty smiley. .

Thanks for sharing.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by woodboi(m): 5:10am On Sep 11, 2009
i hardly see reason to move on because i have never been static, if you want to leave me i will only try and hold you back for the feelings i have for you. but if you have make up your mind, i can only wish you best of all. she will still be my friend no matter what i can't stood low to judge her weakness and at the same time i will keep my head straight to find a better person the be the mother of my kids
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by topup: 7:18am On Sep 11, 2009
woodboi:

i hardly see reason to move on because i have never been static, if you want to leave me i will only try and hold you back for the feelings i have for you. but if you have make up your mind, i can only wish you best of all. she will still be my friend no matter what i can't stood low to judge her weakness and at the same time i will keep my head straight to find a better person the be the mother of my kids

Wow, is such a state achievable. You seem to have a lot of love in your heart, that's sweet. The perfect ex maybe.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 11, 2009
@topup that candy movie really got me depressed.But it's nice.I love films that twist my mind
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by topup: 7:50am On Sep 11, 2009
pc guru:

@topup that candy movie really got me depressed.But it's nice.I love films that twist my mind

Lol, the type of films that when the end credits role, you're mind is frozen for a while. . as you try and make sense of what you've just watched and to get some sort of moral from it, but struggle. . I like films like that.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2009
@topup try watching vanilla sky till now am not sure if the events actually opened or he dreamt it.But it based on a book "open your eyes"which his alarm kept repeating.I think the producers were trying to hint us that it's all dreams.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2009
Happened i meant
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by djungle(m): 3:54am On Sep 12, 2009
Figure out what your lesson was with this person, and close the door. It isn't going to help you in the future to be focusing on the past. Your time in the present and the future is where your attention should be placed. Join a social group or a singles club. Or, join a group that supports a cause you are sympathetic to. You never know how many interesting people, or men, you will find who have the same interests. Above all, recognize that life doesn't begin anew by looking at the past. It begins with a sense of adventure and willingness to be in the present looking towards the future.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by iice(f): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2009
^^Nice smiley
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by kunmibola(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2009
Don't think im crazy but i picked up habits to get over my past relationships. i started drinking and smoking cos i wanted to forgety ba lady. I enjoy my kinda life now.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 13, 2009
@kun been there done that it ain't worth it. I knew i'd hit rockbottom when at 23 pple know me for vomiting or a foolish drunk.Alcohol and cigarette takes away your problem temporary and gives you a new problem.Imagine getting a complimentary card from bat after succumbing to cancer saying Thank you for smoking.You don't need it.Trust me.Though i still take nicotine gum but it's effect is stronger than cigarette and expensive.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by C2H5OH(f): 1:50am On Sep 13, 2009
Well topup tope, I agree with just about everything you said. All I can add is, get the ex out of your life and cut off all ties, period. it's for your own benefit.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:02am On Sep 13, 2009
I think two years is a hell lot of time to still be stuck on the past. . .I think your problem is not about you having the inability to move on. . .but its your unwillingness to open your heart to something new. . .you probably feel you can't love again or be loved (fear of the unknown)

The moment you decide to clean out your heart of all that is pasts(obviously you haven't done so) and open your heart to something new. . .then you'll see you'll get over him in a jiffy. . .
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by walestar2(m): 5:43am On Sep 13, 2009
The best way is get along with me. Have you ever heard this song, Do something new in my life, something new in my life,something new my life,today.Do something new in my life, something new in my life,something new my life,today, ;.;, so try to open ur heart to something new.
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
Thank you yall, ur advices rily helped, but wve settled our difference n wre back together grin grin grin grin grin i hope i made the rite choice, i shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by posakosa(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
baybbootz:

Thank you yall, your advices rily helped, but wve settled our difference n wre back together grin grin grin grin grin i hope i made the rite choice, i shocked shocked shocked

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

asiwin
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
asiwin
I dnt understand.

r u being mean cry cry
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by posakosa(m): 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2009
baybbootz:

I dnt understand.

r u being mean cry cry

No durling kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by C2H5OH(f): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
LMao she'll be back here in a month crying again grin
Re: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by baybbootz(f): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
LMao she'll be back here in a month crying again

lol, lovelike z a risk. if i get bitten again ill jus deal wif it myself!!!!!!lol.wish me luk tho grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Boyfriend Always Shed Tears When You Want To Leave / Thank God She Is Black And Beautiful / Ladies, What Is The Significance Of Teddy Bear In Your Bedroom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.