Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,143 members, 7,973,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:04 AM

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly (10502 Views)

Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Fhemmmy: 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
aisha2:

For you who says he should know every member of the house let me give you a rough idea of how many people go in and come out each day. There are 109 senators, 380 members, over 500 national assembly staff, each senator and member has at least three aides. So except you re very popular then its impossible to know each member individually except key members. He is an ordinary deputy chairman.
Each day over 2000 senators members and staff walk through that door

Sensible point, and i guess, the dude expected the security personnel to know everyone.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by MUZBO(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
stillwater:

Some of these security men in Nigeria don't have manner of approach sha, not that he deserves to be slapped. There are better ways of handling the situation. undecided
How? He should've turned the other cheek? - metaphorically or in the literal sense?
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by MUZBO(m): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
So if I'm newly employed @ the NASS I'll have to know 100+ punk no-bill-passing corrupt a$s slap-happy senators before I can begin work? Or they'd arrange a 2 week know-your-senator course for me? I'd rather stick to my 'safer' bungee jumping career anyway!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by maedan(f): 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
Stupid rep. He's angry because an ordinary security guard didn't recognise him. Proud idiot, one day, his own family won't recognise him if he's not careful. Karma has a way of avenging the downtrodden. The higher they go, the harder they'll fall.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by axeman85(m): 12:08am On Sep 11, 2009
I am not attacking anyone here but something i have noticed about nigerians is that for those that havent travelled abroad before and see the way things are being done tend to accept being treated anyhow. personally if it was me i will slap the guy back twice and patapata i will run away or loose the job but forget i MUST slap him back

same thing while i was in naija on 1week vacaton went to uba around ogba area and there was qserious queue and the cashiers were busy jisting and not attending to customers and the poor customers not knowing that the systems were down, so one guy asked wots is happening and the cashier bascially replied in a tone dat say shut up and wait.

i then responded with my phoney accent and made sure i shouted dat even person wey deaf go hear wetin i talk and asked wots happening and basically blasted them for jisting and using moble phne while customers a re queuing up and dem not telling us wots going on, immediately i shouted 3people responded at the same time with sorry sir started apologiseing.

so basically we shudnt accept nonsense from anybody before i left naija i would have probably kept quiet but now if anything happens and i know am within my rights i will speak up and if i have to shout i will.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by rafcrown(m): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2009
We Nigerians must now know that the world is moving fast
Gone are those days when people must run after emergency rich people/politicians
Let us assume that the Security man Has failed in his duty to RECOGNISE THE "ALANGORO"HAUSA WORD FOR BIG MAN
THe next thing and punishment is to SLAP HIM
THE LAST DAY OF TONY BLAIR IN OFFICE HE ENTERED TRAIN JUST LIKE U AND ME
I just want to know whether some pretty ladies were around when he de-showed the DISHONOURABLE man
The security man should have taught him how to respect poor people just one straight upper cut to remove all his FALSE TEEETH
TIT FOR TAT,Slap me,i box u,do me i do u,
TONY Blairs Deputy was pelted with eggs,he quickly spotted the man who did it and he gave the man a good upper cut in the public
If a big man can box a small man,the small man too should be able to retaliate
I believe the SENATOR WILL NOT FEEL IMPORTANT WHENEVER HE COMES TO UK,EGGS DEY HERE PLENTY,HE SHOULD GO AND ASK I DEY KAMPE
The worst part of it is that the man is even a FDF or pdd member-the party ruining Nigeria -OBJ,BABANGIDAS,SHAGARIS party-power to the rich people
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mamagee6(f): 12:47am On Sep 11, 2009
That's a lot of BS. angry
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by theviper1: 12:54am On Sep 11, 2009
the guys idea of human right is human slapping.common pple,this guys were never voted in by anyone,they bought their ways through and many of them were thugs in their real lives(lawmakers na their fake lives ).how do u expect them to have respect for others or really have an inkling of what their works entails.if they allow the poor guard to keep his job,let him forget and continue with his job as poor man no get mouth for nija.he needs to feed his family from that job and it wont worth its while if he gets killed by a big thug.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by SeanT21(f): 12:56am On Sep 11, 2009
I respect that security man for controlling his temper.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kofinti1(m): 1:05am On Sep 11, 2009
Below is a letter from the Ghana High Commission in Nigeria to a Nigerian newspaper, appealing to Nigerian government officials to refrain from spreading falsehood about Ghana.

SIR: I am compelled to write to express serious concern about a couple of statements by some top Nigerian officials about Ghana in recent weeks. Last month, Defence Minister Godwin Abbe was quoted as saying, "the volume of water generated in Ghana is not enough to flush toilets in Lagos State, the number of teachers you have to pay salaries in the whole of Ghana is not more than Western Nigeria so that is that. And the whole of Ghanaian Armed Forces, if you choose to know, is not more than just two brigades of the Nigerian Armed Forces, period."

Only last weekend, Education Minister Sam Egwu was on national radio talking about the ongoing ASUU strike, and he made the most ridiculous assertion that all the university lecturers in Ghana will not be adequate for a single university in Nigeria! This is a blatant falsehood. Anyone who had been to the University of Ghana Legon (with a student population of more than 40,000), can testify to the fact that probably no university in Nigeria has more space and facilities than Legon. And there are at least five more public universities in Ghana. There are also a dozen privately-owned universities in Ghana, offering quality education to Ghanaians and foreigners alike, including a growing number of Nigerians.

And in the case of the defence minister, we do not know where he got his information from regarding the current strength of the Ghana armed forces. Needless to say that the Ghanaian military is one of the best trained on the continent and had performed exceptionally well in various international assignments. The entire first generation of Nigerian military officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in Ghana. Ghanaian army generals have commanded UN troops in Lebanon, Liberia, Rwanda, Darfur, etc over the years.

Information Minister Dora Akunyili also told a local television network at the end of August that the whole of Ghana is not even up to the size of Lagos! Even a child in kindergarten knows that to be untrue. Government officials, unlike private citizens, traditionally tend to be circumspect about what they say about other countries. Ghana is smaller than Nigeria, and I reckon everyone knows that as a fact. And it is certainly not the only country in the world that is smaller than Nigeria. Or is it? Or have Nigerian government officials only suddenly realised how 'small' Ghana is?

Our concern really is that such reckless and unguarded comments could have grave implications for bilateral relations and derail efforts by leaders of the two countries to forge strong bilateral ties. We think President Umaru Yar'Adua should call his ministers to order. The Ghana bashing must stop! Ghana is a well-respected member of the international community, and deserves respect from Nigerians, particularly top government officials.

Nana Yaw Aboagye, Ghana High Commission, Abuja, FCT Tools

Source: GHP
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kofinti1(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2009
and this is what Nigerian top officials have been saying instead of concentrating on building a better nigeria

Thanks to the Ghanaian official(s) for correcting the Nigerian officials on these childish political talks - but it’s no news to me ( and to many Ghanaians living in the United Kingdom, USA and N. Ireland).
The story is not different out there: Most Nigerians even in these foreign lands usually envy their Ghanaian mates. Why? – Is it because Ghanaian honest? Hard working? Or employers like their honesty? Nigeria should understand the socio-economic benefits of having Ghana as a friend and stop this kind of jealousy talks. They (Nigerians) claim to be wise when in fact Ghanaians are quiet, knowledgeable, decent and wiser. Ghanaian are generally well behaved and I don’t think that should create jealousy for Nigerians. Ghana is not at war with Nigeria so Land size, big talks, military size can’t hold for any intellectual comparison/argument. In fact the solution is simple: Nigeria politicians/leaders should listen to their people, eradicate unnecessary corruption /419 and Nigeria can one day (in 100years time) enjoy a good reputation like Ghana is enjoying and will be enjoying in the decades & centuries to come.
Long live Ghana

1 Like

Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kofinti1(m): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2009
more over, its really
amazing how serious minds and quality times be spend on mediocrity. Anyway, this story has seriously made my day. I thought such high profile personalities such as Ministers of state should concern themselves with policy issues and leave these Kiddy issues to boys and girls. Anyway, this shows how impportant Ghana is and how we have become the standard for Nigerians and God knows who the others are.

Fellow Ghanaians, to me this calls for serious introspection as a country. To me, it is about time we so much cooncerned ourselves with supporting ourselves and developing collectively, rather than always helping foreigners progress at our expense. Ghanaians are patronising evverything foreign. Once it is "made in whatever", it is better than what is made home. Fancy the movie industry, the music and even concert industry. What do we see? Go out there and see whether others praise our stars for us? We have to appreciate and patronise what we have here and stop chasing after every fanthom that comes through our borders.

Check the Universities and find the records of the most notorious students. Check the Armed Robbery Hall of Fame, the Drug Peddlers, and even those who sell pirated videos and music CDs and DVDs? Who do you see? A word to a wise ,

Pls Ghanaians, others are envious of what we have! Let's also appreciate what we have and we are surely going to widen the gap , Even Obama and Europe know Ghana is better. Long live our common existence
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 11, 2009
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:59am On Sep 11, 2009
kofi nti:

more over, its really
amazing how serious minds and quality times be spend on mediocrity. Anyway, this story has seriously made my day. I thought such high profile personalities such as Ministers of state should concern themselves with policy issues and leave these Kiddy issues to boys and girls. Anyway, this shows how impportant Ghana is and how we have become the standard for Nigerians and God knows who the others are.

Fellow Ghanaians, to me this calls for serious introspection as a country. To me, it is about time we so much cooncerned ourselves with supporting ourselves and developing collectively, rather than always helping foreigners progress at our expense. Ghanaians are patronising evverything foreign. Once it is "made in whatever", it is better than what is made home. Fancy the movie industry, the music and even concert industry. What do we see? Go out there and see whether others praise our stars for us? We have to appreciate and patronise what we have here and stop chasing after every fanthom that comes through our borders.

Check the Universities and find the records of the most notorious students. Check the Armed Robbery Hall of Fame, the Drug Peddlers, and even those who sell pirated videos and music CDs and DVDs? Who do you see? A word to a wise ,

Pls Ghanaians, others are envious of what we have! Let's also appreciate what we have and we are surely going to widen the gap , Even Obama and Europe know Ghana is better. Long live our common existence
This is the reason why we will always be behind, why not just shut up and keep your shallow ideas to yourself, is the fight against hiv,malaria poverty not what you should concern yourself with?
What the heck do you know about what it takes to be a Nigerian, go and hide your small self, I aint got no beef with Ghana, who gives two cheeks of a monkeys ass if obama came to Ghana? I rather live in naija ten times over than your presidential villa. Rubbish.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Tsodiya(m): 4:02am On Sep 11, 2009
With all the money all them congress people don chop them no fit get a simple badge reader system for the door. No badge no entrance simple. It's almost imposible for the security guys to know everyone by face. Its not as if one security guy works all shifts. Mean while you all should enjoy this funny congressmen in action. ENJOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0Re7gJBb8
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by mccloud224(m): 4:58am On Sep 11, 2009
@Topic

Everyday, i keep feeling more and more sorry for this country.In other countries where mentally sane officials hold power, that slapping wouldn't have gone lightly.It would have cost that senator his seat minus lawsuits that would follow but again, this is Nigeria.Anything goes and pigs fly.If the security man takes him to court, its a waste of time.The case will just be tied down for the next 10 years awaiting trial.The judge or magistrate would even laugh at his face and ask him why he's fighting a lost cause.

If he had slapped back, well, the whole of 9ja would have asked him "who gave you the guts and impetus" to do that.This typical slave mentality is really killing us.The security man was matured enough to hold back coz a lot of typical Nigerians would have broken every bone in his body just to make their cherished "law maker" happy.

Some posters say some security men attitudes.Well, its everywhere not just 9ja.Even in the US, a security man can make a few minutes of your life very frustrating BUT that gives you no right to slap him.If it were in the states, that guy could have pulled out his gun and shot the guy and claim "self defense" AND HE WILL WALK FREE!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by MUZBO(m): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

This is the reason why we will always be behind, why not just shut up and keep your shallow ideas to yourself, is the fight against hiv,malaria poverty not what you should concern yourself with?
What the heck do you know about what it takes to be a Nigerian, go and hide your small self, I aint got no beef with Ghana, who gives two cheeks of a monkeys ass if obama came to Ghana? I rather live in naija ten times over than your presidential villa. Rubbish.
Lol! Temper temper Chris.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 11, 2009
I've got just 2 question @ OP.
* Is it now wrong for one to reidentify his/er self if need be?

* I thought security men guarding such parastatals are usually uniform/ force men (soldiers), cos ofcourse this should not happen to a soldier no matter what not outside of Nigeria.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by sugabelle: 7:43am On Sep 11, 2009
@Chrisbenogor
LOL, I like how u gave it to him. We're talking about one thing, he's ranting about another. Everywhere around the world there will always be prejudice: due to their size and other issues, Ghana will always be looked down upon(by Nigerians - or so he says. As far as I'm concerned who even knows or cares about them?!) Everybody should face their own nation's issues and handle accordingly, don't come here to gloat about "Europe and Obama". U need the white man to grant you credibility? Shame embarassed undecided.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by sjeezy8: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2009
lol a detty slap

its so ridiculous and immature for a MAN to act like that let alone a politician.

Its sooooooo unethical for one to act in such a way. Reminds me of when obj (youtube it)hit the streets of Lagos tosupposedly  calm protesters and said "you people i dont have to be here, im just having mercy on you guys". Its soo uncalled for it makes my stomach turn in disbelief. lipsrsealed
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kateangel(f): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2009
What rubbish was he trying to do. He lacks discipline
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by okuyelu: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2009
and they want to re-brand, pscheeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by okeey(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2009
well it not d first time dis will happen it just a shame on them
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by babonboard(f): 8:46am On Sep 11, 2009
@ topic
Ooohhh wat a shame i mean how can a security know all faces dats ridiculus and wat will cost the stupid basard lawmaker to just say hey am so and so?
Its just a shame how we fink and handle things in naija,if na organised  nation dat guard is in money even if he no wan sue no win no fee lawyers will contact him.
I hope we grow out of dat 'nigerian factor' one day, poor security man pele jare.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by nobility2: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2009
This sound very ridiculous and ludicrous on the integrity of Nigeria government. The senator must be sacked or compelled to be on indefinite suspension if the other senator have any credibility to protect.Also, the good lawyers remain in this country should come to the aid of the security inquestion and sue the idiot for assult and battery while the judiciary should come up strongly and sentence the animal without option of fine to serve as deterrent to other animal like him.His action was purely total spirit of animalism and he must not Scott free.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by kristos(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2009
i have sent the buffoon a mail. goddamn rep feeling like he is all that. the security guard should sue his assaulting ass.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by djpalapala(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2009
No wonder again why Nigeria is where it is. To even imagine that a right thinking person will be in support of such a barbaric act is beyond me. Until we all come together and say No to this irresponsible attitude/behaviours by our leaders, honestly the whole country will continue to be embarrased daily with such news and stories. Its so unfortunate that our leaders are unaccountable to us. In an advanced country, that will definitely be the end of his political advancement, because the elected officials are accountable to those that elected them. But here the reverse is the case. God help us all.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by lightest(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2009
its show of power. But i believe that one day "one day" all this so called rats at the realm of affairs will be wip out.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by FBS: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2009
The bleeping rep should be arrested. Nonsense and Ingredient.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Rebarobyn: 10:55am On Sep 11, 2009
kofi nti:

Pls Ghanaians, others are envious of what we have! Let's also appreciate what we have and we are surely going to widen the gap ,  Even Obama and Europe know Ghana is better. Long live our common existence

we're talking about someone assaulting somebody else and you're talking about ghana being better, you've really derailed.

over the last few months, a number of ghanaians have shown the depth of your prejudice and hatred towards nigeria (I'm yet to understand why ). why do you always feel the need to condemn us so as to make yourselves feel better? a lot of ghanaians have lived in nigeria in the past and even now we accept and live with them peacefully, all of a sudden you guys are trying so hard to gain popularity at our expense? and you say we are envious? lol, very very funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

obama came to ghana and did not visit nigeria, so what? obama and europe endorsed your country, so what? how has it added to your treasury? pls stick to the thread's topic and stop whining like a baby  embarassed
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Oluschenco(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2009
Charity begins at home, This is a true reflection of who the Rep. is at home, one can easily know that he beats his wife & children at a home at a slight provocation.
Re: Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2009
hope the se

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rev Oladimeji Thinks GEJ May be Nigeria's Last President / 3-day Ultimatum To Abandoned Vehicles’ Owners In Lagos / It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.