Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

Gearbox Oil For Golf 4 1.8 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gearbox Oil For Golf 4 1.8 (627 Views)

Looking For Golf 4 With Good Engine 2001 2002 Model / Which Engine Oil Good For Golf 3 / Swap Advice: 1993 Vw Golf 3 For Golf 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gearbox Oil For Golf 4 1.8 by uniktee: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Good day all, I acquired Golf 4 1.8 from Germany last year May, ever since then I noticed jerking and also a long delay in gear transmission. I complained to a couple of mechanics I was told to change the gearbox oil.

On Wednesday, I went to one of the mechanics at Iyana Itire in Lagos, and the guy drained the ATF and replaced it with Holts ATF claiming it to be the best for Golf 4 cars. For three days the car worked perfectly to my delight. However, taking the car to cover a relatively long distance today, jerking in the transmission returned even worse, I managed the car home. Presently, the car is not accepting any gear (reverse is the worst).

Please I need enlightenment on the following issues:
1. What do I do to solve the issue at hand?;
2. Going forward, what type of ATF in Nigeria will best suite Golf 4 1.8? Your response will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Registered VW Passat 2002/3 Model V6 450k / SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD / Clean Nissan Altima 06, Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.