Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,272 members, 7,881,034 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:14 AM

Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious (1527 Views)

Zamfara Polytechnic Shut Down Over Religious Crisis (photos) / How Do U Cope With Your Over Religious Folks / Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 10, 2016
In today’s world, you see people doing wrong and hurting others but feel low or no remorse. You see people with limitless wants and would fight to get them even though others are negatively affected. Why all these? How does religion play a major role in this? Are there disadvantages of been over religious? Read this post.

Beliefs of religions today

1. All about prosperity
Most religions today now teach people that been close to God would make you wealthy. Although that belief isn’t bad, it could mix different feelings into the minds of people. That belief could make people feel that they haven’t really started serving God the right way if they aren’t wealthy therefore dedicating more time for service. This belief can also stir another feeling. Continue reading

2. Blaming others
With the above belief, people would feel that they’re poor, either because of the reason stated above, or because of others. Most people now believe that when things don’t work their way, it is as a result of a negative force. This means that someone is behind their failure. This would make them start suspecting everyone around them. This is an instance of what over religious people would feel: just imagine you went to a job interview and you saw many people applying for same job. Out of the most, you saw someone more qualified(in terms of the combination of skills, knowledge, certificates and morals) than you, if you were to be over religious, you’d feel that the person is a temptation which is a setback and you’d do whatever you can to fight for this job(in order to prove your God is a great).

3. You and you alone
Everyone must carry his/her own load. Most religions now have the teachings that In order to be successful, you must fight your enemies and pray for their failure in order to be successful. Please read ‘when things don’t work your way‘ to learn how to cope in trying times.

4. Wrong definition of enemy
For most religions, your enemy is any negative force. The true definition of enemy however, should be any force negatively affecting you. Suppose everyone in this world were to be perfect, there wouldn’t be negativity therefore there wouldn’t be enemies. This clearly means that someone is your enemy because of his/her imperfection and it’s effects on you and not just because of his/her imperfection. Now ask yourself if you’re perfect. Are you? If truly you aren’t perfect, you may be someone’s enemy just as people are yours. What if as you’re praying for the downfall of your enemies, the person who’s keeping you as his/her enemy, is also praying for the downfall of his/her enemies. Of both prayers, which would God answer? Do you see how been too zealous to religion cause disunity? Can you now see a disadvantage among the bountiful disadvantages been over religious?

5. Wrong meaning of satisfaction
The true meaning of satisfaction isn’t generally known. You’d have to look deep within in order to define satisfaction(please read 'satisfaction'). The meaning of satisfaction to religious people however, is now define by their pastors/teachers/mentor/the like. This implies that even if you feel satisfied deep within but he/she tells you otherwise, you’ll follow his/her ways. This reason is why most people don’t know they’re suffering and if you try helping them, they’ll even push you away.

This is why:

1. Most very religious people/nations are poor. They rather go to services with time they’ll use to work

2. Most very religious nations are disunited. They all may profess love among themselves but they’re still very cautious while together

3. Most very religious countries are corrupt. What would happen when everybody wants things to happen their way even if they aren’t qualified? Notice that parents go to the point of paying teachers to promote their children. Why should their children be promoted if they weren’t qualified?

4. Most very religious countries have the most terrorists. What would happen when everyone views each other as enemies? Wouldn’t they set traps for each other?

5. Countries with multiple religions filled with zealous people are somewhat disunited. If a man takes his belief to his religion to the extreme while another extremely beliefs on his/own, both of them can’t cooperate well in certain issues

My advice is that

1. You should be open minded. When you always find faults in people, you’ll find it hard to flow well

2. Don’t be over religious. Only serve God the right way or better still, your way

3. When you see someone is more qualified than you, make way for him/her. Go back and practice some more. There’s a feeling of self worth you’ll get when you do this

4. Love every religion. Everyone have genuine reasons to be where they are now.

Read more http://basicnaijaneeds.com/been-over-religious/

Also find awesome posts here http://basicnaijaneeds.com/posts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2016
My Mom need to read this grin

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by davien(m): 1:35am On Jul 10, 2016
An extra point to OP

You'd be scammed easily ;

When you're an over-religious person you give-in to your fears when any negative predicament is sighted and you'd begin to look for the "supernatural solution" or "miracle", prompting you to purchase "miracle cures, elixirs, books.." even at the expense of your life savings.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by histemple: 1:36am On Jul 10, 2016
Religion is the leading cause of a greater percentage of our problems.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 10, 2016
histemple:
Religion is the leading cause of a greater percentage of our problems.
davien:
An extra point to OP
You'd be scammed easily ;
When you're an over-religious person you give-in to your fears when any negative predicament is sighted and you'd begin to look for the "supernatural solution" or "miracle", prompting you to purchase "miracle cures, elixirs, books.." even at the expense of your life savings.
UndisputedBosom:
My Mom need to read this grin

Wow. i always thought that since this is Nigeria, I'll be receiving insults and courses by now. Lol so there are still open minded people in this country?

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Florblu(f): 2:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Being religious is not the problem. The problem starts when it is over done.I haven't come to terms with the way some people carry religion for head likes its a family tittle/inheritance.
I almost lost my mind when someone said being rich will hinders him from serving God,he sighted some examples I didn't even put into consideration. I was like "dude God became poor so that I will be rich"

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by UndisputedBosom(m): 2:10am On Jul 10, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Wow. i always thought that since this is Nigeria, I'll be receiving insults and courses by now. Lol so there are still open minded people in this country?

Call me the "DE UNPREDICTABLE" i stand for the truth and doesn't compromise tongue

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by DucheSsMerezz(f): 2:55am On Jul 10, 2016
Fanatics you mean.
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Opharhe: 3:54am On Jul 10, 2016
This is a nice write-up. Lalasticlala please come and do justice to this for wider coverage.
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by BrightEye(m): 3:56am On Jul 10, 2016
I love studying about religions, though I am not religious at all. The fact is that "if there was no religion, man would invent one".
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Evidence1000(m): 4:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Where are the atheists in the house ? Food has come for you oh
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by efepro(m): 5:41am On Jul 10, 2016
If you tell some Christians the truth, they may call u devil or Atheist.

60% of Nigerians are where they are today because of religion and dependence on miracle. Nobody wan work, "God go do am". "The God that did it for brother Paul will surely do it for me"

Another thing is 'Prayer'. Any small thing,Pray,pray..I'm not saying prayer doest work, but a lot of people grossly abuse it because or inability to take responsibility. You put everything on prayer, u no wan work.
RELIGION, in deed, is the opium of the people.
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Aremu01(m): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2016
I don't agree with your first 5 points at all...
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Aremu01:
I don't agree with your first 5 points at all...

Why? What's your reason?
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Blaqsmith(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2016
Disadvantages of being religious alone is enough in Nigeria.
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Aremu01(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Why? What's your reason?

First of all pls what do you mean by being over-religious
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2016
Aremu01:

First of all pls what do you mean by being over-religious

To be over zealous. To be a religious fanatic

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Aremu01(m): 10:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Elijahrona2:

To be over zealous. To be a religious fanatic
. There is nothing bad in being overzealous for God... Paul said the zeal for thy house has eaten me up.... But a religious fanatic is what I ll not agree with...
Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2016
Aremu01:
. There is nothing bad in being overzealous for God... Paul said the zeal for thy house has eaten me up.... But a religious fanatic is what I ll not agree with...

You see? You've been blinded as well.
What you quoted was said by Paul an apostle of Jesus.

Let me quote what Solomon the wisest man on earth said

Ecclesiastes 7:16
Do not be righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Been Over Religious by Aremu01(m): 10:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Bit one thing I ll advise you is check how both Solomon n Paul ended dr life...
Elijahrona2:

You see? You've been blinded as well.
What you quoted was said by Paul an apostle of Jesus.

Let me quote what Solomon the wisest man on earth said

Ecclesiastes 7:16
Do not be righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

I don't have the strength to argue with you... Let everyone do whatever he deems fit!

I rest my case

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Convent University's High School Fees 'has God's Approval' / What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism / 21 Days Fasting For Nigeria Feb 1 - 21 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.