Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,135 members, 7,949,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? (723 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Mother Of Triplets To Hubby: Please Come Back Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by aj14: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
I have a stack of photos from the last year and want to send them along with little gifts for everyone back home. But I am at a loss as to what to send!

I need something for his mother, his father (both in their 50s) and his three little brothers 25, 20, and 15.

They live in Nigeria and I have talked to them on the phone, but have never met them.

Please help,
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by noetic2: 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
ask ur hubby
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
shoes, clothes, jewelry, cameras, etc.
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Some jeweleries will do.
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Pittbaby(f): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
ask your hubby and he will know what they have requested recently
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
gbam
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by WhiteOne(f): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
lays or other materia for mummy, a bibel or a koran for daddy
for the amount to spend - spend the them amount as you would do for your own parterns

Did you have someboby in Nigeria how visted them? Then you could arrage a bag of rice, beans or gare for them.
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Diva1(f): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
chaircover:

Please be careful.

I would say nothing expensive but just a token gift. What you don’t want is them getting used to expensive gifts and they get offended if the next time you don’t send something of an equal or better value.

Wait until you get to know them better & then you can make an informed decision on their attitude towards expensive gifts. It will save a lot of bad feeling in the future.

[/quote

So true, when next you don't send anything or meet up, you become the talk (bad) in the family.
Re: What Should I Send To My Husband's Parents Back Home? by Outstrip(f): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
I did a clock for my mom and each hour had a picture of her grand children. I ordered the clock online for $30.00 but I found a similar clock at walmart for 14.99 the other day. It is not expensive but grand mother's appreciate things like that. I also like the idea of a Bible for the father in law if he is the type that reads the bible. My dad has the Bible on DVD and he has it on most of the time. It is broken down by chapter so you can actually pick what chapter and book you want to listen to.
My mom also has an electric picture frame. She gets the grand kids pictures off face book and downloads it into her picture frame. There are many options but like chaircover said do not do too much until you understand them well.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Sitting / Why Do You Want To Leave Your Spouse ? / Loosing Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.