Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,338 members, 7,881,246 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo (24123 Views)

There Is No Difference Between APC And PDP – Shehu Sani / Dead Or Alive Buhari Makes No Difference - Financial Times / Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by MrEverest(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
God have mercy, what manner of pastor is this? Has this man sold his soul to the devil or what?? Why is our so called leaders wicked and selfish, every sensible person knows that true federalism is the way out of Nigerias current quargmire yet they dont care.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by MrEverest(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
I am in total support of this.. .

As far as we have same leaders with same mind set.. . And same followers with same mind set.. there won't be any change no matter the structure
Chai, Biko just negodu what this one is saying.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by wasco24: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
grin
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Belmot(m): 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sometimes it's better these guys don't speak at all.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by temptnow: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
[size=20pt]That's why Niger Delta avengers will make you people to have sense.[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by seyiojomu(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
cant read all this plenty tins that wont still translate into something meaningful like tomorrow tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by musleraq67(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
then wah will
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
APC lies and NDA threat b like dis

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by berrystunn(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Send you
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by seguno2: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Interesting comments from our Vice President who is a Yoruba man.
Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
I think it's time the government does things differently. Yes, restructuring will not help but a major share of the proceeds should go to the region producing the resource i.e the ND should say have 60 percent of the oil revenue, 40 percent should be shared amongst the rest. 60 percent of non oil exports should go to the individual states producing the resource. I feel this is the only way people wo feel cheated. People will be happy to farm and improvise.
Most importantly, opex cost for governance should be reduced by 75 percent. If this is not done, we ain't going anywhere.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by nintal(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is wisdom!!! I advice that real people should start reasoning with this government. APC APC APC...
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
election is over, stop this campaign jare

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by maxzzo1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Only a mad dat keep doing d same tin n expect diff results....change is constant why are u guyz scared Letz try it first..... Restructure (true federalism or we break up- every body go on ur own way and huzzle dat will bring progress not sitting idol waiting for oil money every month....I know d zombies will shrink der faz....who cares....I js spoke d true.....

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by mrkings84(m): 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Even our pastor vp is infected with apc blood of always making progress.....
But wait o, when will apc start redeeming their promises??

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by temptnow: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
This government always talking rubbishh all the time. Which tech company is remaining in Nigeria. Look at konga and jumia they've been reduced to selling phone casing instead of the real phones. Who will import with $350 and how much is he going to make.others are dying no money in the system. Jobberman can't even convince people that they are still giving out jobs.printivo is dead. Quick teller and other cash transfer companies are doing well cos people have to do their banking needs.gloo.com.ng can't even convince me that they still have fresh tomatoes for delivery. This government is useless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by eph12(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
There is something in that aso rock that make our leaders see things differently. Is it the power or the fear of having lesser power? Or is that it's for our own good?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by attacker321: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Izonpikin: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
them don chuck am the northern injection.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by DIKEnaWAR: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
Shame on Osinbajo; the intellect who sold his brain for a mess of Abuja pottage.

What does Afenifere and Tinubu, his master, stand for all along? Awon sell-outs, as always....

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by basingstoke: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
So this man is as clueless as this ?, na wao.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by push23: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Does your 6 zones have equal number of state.

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Exponental(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
I may not know how to define APC but I know that the C stands for CONFUSION.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by fuckpro: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
ugohemma:
If u ask me, One of the greatest gain in fiscal federalism is State police. Imagine a governor waiting for a commissioner in Abuja to signal the ones in Benue to attack criminals that is operating in his backyard. And another is Power, Places like Lagos should have 24hrs power supply cos I know with their revenue they can do it , but when we want all part of Nigeria to develop at once, using the scope of a federating unit then we would all sit down and wait for the federating unit to do their Magic, Like we are waiting for them in Power and dollar exchange.

One Politician from the North heading NDDC stuff, was on AIT shouting Nigeria is indisolable in the sense that all part of Nigeria will contribute and build every region till Nigeria flow with milk and honey, I was like what are some people thinking.. In 100 yrs to come some states In North cannot be Like Lagos and some states in south. It cant happen.

So it should be like these...
Allow states to develop with its Resources.
To re install peace, we have to support state police so that we can tackle security problem from grassroot
It will also help in tackling corruption. Imagine when everybody is blaming Buhari(federal unit) whereas the problem is from their state . All they need is take their complain to their state not central where matters are already congested.

I stand to be corrected , But Osibanjo can't do anything if his Boss Buhari is against the move.
My brother they know all this ...some under developed part of the country just want to hold the others to ransom they know they can't compete with others and I'm sorry to rock your boat the status quo will not change in the foreseeable future... Mentally we are back to 1984 and merry go round restart all over ... take a look at key federal appointments I love Buhari for the fight against corruption but at what cost

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ken4jj(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
You see why i will never respect any Nigerian Leader, dead, alive,past and present. They are all interested in protecting their status and wealth. They don't have any single love for the country they govern. They would rather kill their citizens to maintain status quo instead of changing the status quo to benefit the entire nation. Shame on all Nigerian leaders.They are the most foolish set of idiots i have ever seen. Their reward will be in the deepest part of hell. Fools.

11 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Aroh48(m): 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
dearpreye:
Very stupid comment from the mere commissioner.

Wasn't restructuring the country amongst the promises of the APC?

Coming from the lips of an acclaimed Professor? Indeed evil communications corrupt good manners.

Nigeria is due for a thorough restructuring. The current feeding bottle unitary system hasn't worked and will never work. We must devolve more powers to the states and local governments.

There's no way a state government will have to get orders from Abuja before asking the military to defend innocent people from being killed by herdsmen. There's no reason why a state shouldn't harness the vast resources within its borders to boost its economy.

And it's criminal for every other region to continue feeding fat off the wealth found in the another region.

Nigeria has NO FUTURE with this current system. True federalism will quieten all these agitation and calls for secession. True federalism will make it easier for the local people to deal decisively with their corrupt regional leaders.

Nigeria can never be great without a restructuring. Professor Osinbajo may be a professor of law but he goofed on this one.
I taught that man is a pastor

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by nonjebose(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
ugohemma:
If u ask me, One of the greatest gain in fiscal federalism is State police. Imagine a governor waiting for a commissioner in Abuja to signal the ones in Benue to attack criminals that is operating in his backyard. And another is Power, Places like Lagos should have 24hrs power supply cos I know with their revenue they can do it , but when we want all part of Nigeria to develop at once, using the scope of a federating unit then we would all sit down and wait for the federating unit to do their Magic, Like we are waiting for them in Power and dollar exchange.

One Politician from the North heading NDDC stuff, was on AIT shouting Nigeria is indisolable in the sense that all part of Nigeria will contribute and build every region till Nigeria flow with milk and honey, I was like what are some people thinking.. In 100 yrs to come some states In North cannot be Like Lagos and some states in south. It cant happen.

So it should be like these...
Allow states to develop with its Resources.
To re install peace, we have to support state police so that we can tackle security problem from grassroot
It will also help in tackling corruption. Imagine when everybody is blaming Buhari(federal unit) whereas the problem is from their state . All they need is take their complain to their state not central where matters are already congested.

I stand to be corrected , But Osibanjo can't do anything if his Boss Buhari is against the move.
You stand to be supported. Osinbajo knows what restructuring is no doubt, but his boss is against it. Restructuring is long over due. The centre would not lose all its authority to oversee the accountability of federating states

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ohenhen1: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is like the first time I have disagreed with Osibanjo. Why can't we diversify the economy and restructure at the same time. We are not talking about fiscal restructuring alone. In fact restructuring will help the diversification process.

The.current system of a strong center has failed us for decades now. We have to change it.

Does it make sense that local governments don't have any money while NASS have a budget of about 125 billion Naira?

Does it make sense that I have to wait months for my voters card to be sent from Abuja. Why can't it be made in Lagos?

Does it make sense for the federal government to hold onto property it can't maintain?

Does.it make any sense that State governments can not mine natural resources in their own state?

Does it make any sense that the federal government is now doing the job of local governments?

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
If any man be in APC his/her sense of sound reasoning is replaced with annoying stupidity That is the case with the "mere commissioner".

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by dukeprince50: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
na wam o

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by knightsTempler: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Osinbajo has sold his his soul to the Fulani oligarchs, I'm not surprised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Zdoh(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Really?You try sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonah Jang's Aide Delivered Cash In Ghana-must-go Bags To Him - Politics Nigeria / Recovered N31.8 Billion Abacha Loot Was Spent On The Poor, Says FG / Abdul Mahmud 'Great Oracle' Summoned By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.