Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,027 members, 7,903,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

321d's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 321d's Profile / 321d's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 321d: 3:02am On Apr 07, 2017
Hello VO,

I have f4 and f1 pending petitions. (Priority dates still away).

I have been married for 3yrs by traditional rites and do not wish to have a court wedding yet.

In case my priority date becomes current, will my spouse be qualified for follow to join benefit of the petition?

Based on NIV interviews, I have stated that I am married, does this automatically take me from f1 to f3? That is without informing the NVC myself.

For subsequent applications, i stated "other" as marital status because i was uneasy if i was asked for my marriage certificate, i do not have one and wanted the opportunity to explain but i was not given the chance during the interview. Instead the VO asked "are you married at this time, yes or no and i stated yes & was denied.

Pls what is the implication on my petition and on my NIV request going forward?
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello 321d. The situation you describe is one where the applicant has very strong US ties via the AMCIT child, parent, etc. Via previous inquiries from you on this forum, we can also see that this applicant has ongoing immigrant visa petitions. In that context, it can be difficult to show that the applicant in question overcomes the presumption of immigrant intent.

Hello VO, Thanks for your response!

Wow! Just sad and unfortunate uhn? So it really doesn't count that i have been to the US multiple times and did not stay back. Or that I am married and have a well paying job and property? Although I stated conjugal relationship than married in my application because i do not have a marriage certificate (had only a traditional wedding) ... so does this mean reapplying is like trying the powerball? Lol
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello VO.

I was refused a b2 visa to deliver my baby in the US and to see my parent who suffers amnesia after 2 cardiac arrests. I have previously been to the US and delivered my 1st child with all bills paid & receipts presented. However, during my interview i was asked if i used medicaid which i did not and just got the general refusal letter which doesn't state what the problem is. How do i ammend wrongs that even i am unaware of. Please advise.
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello Officer

Please I'd like to know the fact with applicable links to the resource on the USCIS website.

I have a pending F4 petition filed years back. If i get married today, before it becomes current, will my spouse automatically benefit from it OR will my petition be automatically revoked?

Thanks
Travel / Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 321d: 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello Officer

Please I'd like to know the fact with applicable links to the resource on the USCIS website.

I have a pending F4 petition filed years back. If i get married today, before it becomes current, will my spouse automatically benefit from it OR will my petition be automatically revoked?

Thanks
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hello VO

Please what is the difference between the white and the pink refusal letter?

Thanks
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 321d: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello VO,

My folks are USC/LPR.
My sis, a USC filed F4 for, my PD is 2007.
My NIV application was always denied I was told by the CO to have either parents file for me but i did not care for it at the time, all i wanted was to be able to visit them, cos i have a really good job.
I finally got a NIV which i used to attend a training & returned to my job. I have a live in partner, we did not get married simply because i did not want my petition cancelled. During the interview, i was asked if i was married and i just answered yes, on my ds160 i had tried to explain the domestic partnership by selecting "common law marriage where i was prompted and mentioned my partner.

A few months after i returned from the training, i got pregnant and wrote the embassy to use the same b1b2 for delivery in the US. At the POE, questions leading had me open up to CBP i stayed unmarried because of my petition although we live like a married couple. She made notes and appeared to understand all i said.

However, the hospital i used had an OB package that required the latest i came into the US was at the end of my 7th month. After i put to bed, i stayed another 2months b4 flying back with my baby. My partner also came during the 4months(close to) i stayed. I paid my bills and returned home. Btw, i am entitled to a total of 4 months maternity time at work. I returned to work immediately i returned.

Now i tried to renew my B1B2 via dropbox for a training sponsored by my job. I was called in and showed all my bills and receipts. The CO had asked what i was doing in te US for 4minths and i told him i had a baby. Showed him the hospital document that required i came in at 7months. I dont know if he could see the recird that showed i even wrote the embassy before using the B1B2 for medicals. Btw this time on my form i filled i was single, he asked if i was married and i explained my domestic partnership. I was denied for "having no ties". I reapplied 2 weeks after because my job has paid a very high amount for the training. I was denied again even after answering all the questions asked including previous travel history which i have alot of cos my siblings and i pick a country every year and we visit for vacation. He asked if i was married and i said yes to avoid stories since i had it clear on my form which i believe he could see, the common law marriage.

Last year, in addition to my sister's petition, my mum finally filed for me just because of the difficulty in getting a NIV. I genuinely am not interested in relocating because i would not leave my job and partner here for any reason. He never even wants to travel, he does not care for it. I honestly just need to attend the training and visit my family during my yearly vacation time (i miss alot of family functions being the only one here )

Fyi my entire family members are either USCs or LPRs. I put that on my form.

The question now is:
Does it make sense to re apply?

How do i know the genuine reason for refusal because i believe the refusal papers are generalized? because i dont mind staying off if they want me to wait till my PD is current.

Is it better to re apply with my partner?

Why an i being denied even after returning and never overstaying? Could it have to do with 2 of my siblings getting the IV through marriage to their partners? I thought each individual is treated independently? How does this interprete in my petition, i have an f4 with 07 PD and an F1 with 2015 PD.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.