Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,271 members, 7,928,902 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:10 AM

What's your Ideal Family Size? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's your Ideal Family Size? (8645 Views)

Your Ideal Job / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by queen2(f): 4:05pm On May 22, 2006
changed my mind

2gurls and a BOY
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Badman888(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2006
i would like to have two or three children, having many children this days isnt easy and you would want to give the best to them
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by DaHitler(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2006
No children and no wife.

But if I had to decide on a "family" ill go with a wife and no children.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by lauryn(f): 12:41am On May 30, 2006
4 children
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by nubian(m): 12:44am On May 30, 2006
2 children
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Memunah(f): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2006
we are six in the family 2boys and 2 girls inculding my parentsand its fun  for me i will like to ve 2 boys and 2 girls,but watever your family size you ve got to check your pocket size b4 raising a family to ensure you take care of them well
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Bossman(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2006
I think this will depend on where one lives. In Nigeria, you can easily find help via family members, or get a maid, and the cost of raising a child is not too prohibitive. So, up to four kids is fine. Here in the USA, you are on your own. It's very expensive to raise a child (day care costs, college edu., medical ins., etc.). I have 2 kids of both sexes and that's it for us. After the mortgage, the day care costs are the most expensive bill in the house. You would not see too many Nigerians in this neck of the woods with more than 3 kids. For one to be able to afford a good life for the kids I thing 2-3 is a good number. Heck! It a whole lot easier to go on vacation with, set up educational funds, purchase stocks, etc. for 2 kids than 4 kids. My kids have gone pretty much every where with me, It would not have been easy if I have to take 4 kids on a cruise, Disney, etc. I am sure you guys get the point, the lesser the number of kids the more fun one can give them.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by serubawon(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2006
I have 2 - a girl and a boy. Unfortunately, my wife passed away and i have absolutely no intention of having any more kids. I'm happy with the 2 i have and praying for god's grace to rasie them up properly and for his protection over them.

Having more than 2 kids is a bit of a handful, especially when you want to send them to good schools and feed them well. My kids go to an above average school and i don't want to think of what might happen to me (financially and emotionally) if i had any more.

2 is more than ok.

1 Like

Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Christino(m): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2006
2 kids, the 3rd should come 12 years after.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by dolliepie(f): 12:13am On Nov 20, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm dats good.
mine is only one,a boy. cool cool cool
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by queen2(f): 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2006
wat? christino, lol dat is too much, bet it will be delayed
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2006
3boys and 2girls. cool
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by mide2(f): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2006
I wiould have love to have 2 boys and 2 girls in which ever order, but nowadays it costs time, money and evrythg to bring kids up.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by frankiriri(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2007
3 kids
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Shentz(f): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2007
My ideal family size would be 5 kids and 3 adoptive children. So all in total there's gotta be me, my husband and 8 children. I want a big ass family.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by cammax7(m): 11:17am On Feb 19, 2007
I want a large family. as much as 5 kids. i think my kids would be the ones to acheive the dreams i couldnt acheive. and since they are many of them i would want quite a number of them. 5 at least. i know its probably going to take a lot from my wife, but hopefully there will be a way. i wouldnt mind adopting
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by McDoe(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2007
Should I say that poverty or cost of living has affected a lot of people's mindset. To me, having enough babies is not a crime. One thing is fundamental here. If our parents were to have just one or two babies, some of us wouldn't be enjoying our present lives. I believe what we should be concerned about is how God can bless us to raise a good family irrespective of the size. However, a bloated family size co-rellates with hardship..
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by hotchic1(f): 7:04pm On May 17, 2007
I think two or three is cool.

McDoe:

Should I say that poverty or cost of living has affected a lot of people's mindset. To me, having enough babies is not a crime. One thing is fundamental here. If our parents were to have just one or two babies, some of us wouldn't be enjoying our present lives. I believe what we should be concerned about is how God can bless us to raise a good family irrespective of the size. However, a bloated family size co-rellates with hardship..

Not everybody that decides to keep to few kids are poor.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Amiga(f): 11:34pm On May 24, 2007
I will like 4 or max. 5 kids, 3 girls and two boys smiley

I have b/g twins on the way and I pray for wisdom to raise them well
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by chiogo(f): 1:40am On May 26, 2007
hmmm, I'll like to have 5 kids--------- 2 boys, 3 girls. kiss and 2 shld be twins.

lol, i don't know. i have lots of twins in my family.my brother and sister, my little cousins(girls) and my other cousins who are my age-mates also girls. I guess twins run in my family. So i wanna have one. grin
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by kellorah: 1:50am On May 26, 2007
3 kids
-m/f
-f/m
-and who ever is lucky enough will have a sis or bro wink
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by unit(f): 1:59pm On May 27, 2007
Two kids for me,whatever the sex,if my husband want a third he will have to wait till the first two are old enough to help bath and feed the third.If he want more than three,he is free to have them elsewhere and no hard feelings.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by moondust(m): 1:26pm On May 28, 2007
not decided yet lipsrsealed
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by wales(m): 1:47am On May 30, 2007
Well, as for me i will like to have three kid's, it may be two boys and a girl or the other way round.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by OmoEko1(f): 1:48am On May 30, 2007
My husband and i cheesy cheesy cheesy then 2 kid( boy and girl)
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by olutomiwa(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2007
as many as my THN can produce,i love childrenSES grin
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by omoge25(f): 6:46am On Jun 07, 2007
3 kids sounds plenty and with mom and dad that a family of 5 that is good enough.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by danniecool(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2007
my Idea family size is 4

Three Boy and a Girl wink
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by adeboo(f): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2007
God willing i would love to have a set of twins after the one i already have.
Making three kids, i think thats ideal.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by frankiriri(m): 12:42am On Jun 10, 2007
McDoe:

You are so wrong.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Rlst84sale(m): 1:09am On Jun 10, 2007
This is very interesting, I think it will depend on what my wife would prefer, I would like to be considerate of her on this.  If I marry a woman that wants many kids we will have them and take good care of them, if just one or two we will take good care of them, I also know I have bigger chance of twins in my gene. I also read that having kids is a lot of wear and tear on the woman's body so I have to be very understanding and considerate of her. What is more important to me is that the kids are well and healthy and my wife is well and healthy, the rest will not be a problem at all not even money. I will not allow any family member to influence our decision on that, because some family starts to give the wife problems especially if she doesn't have baby boy, stupid family.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by doncartel: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
wtf where are all the traditionalists in the house?! abiola!! solomon!!
well let me represent-i am going for eleven wives and twenty-five concubines so pikin na another matter

but if god doesnt give me d money i am expecting,then i'll have to join the churchous guys wit 3 kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Nice Wedding Invitation Cards / How Did Bianca Become Ojukwus ''only'' Widow. Where Is His Very First Wife? / When Is The Right Time To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.