Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,093 members, 7,949,765 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? (4718 Views)

For Nairalanders Who Are Retired Military Pensioners(vetrans) / EMPLOYERS: What Are Your Worst Interview Experiences. What Are Your No No's????? / Which Is Your Worst Customer-Friendly Bank In Nigeria: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by Secretz(f): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2009
My worst boss was one lesbian woman like this, always trying to touch me. Anytime I came into work not smiling, not because I was upset or anything, just because I was not for that moment, she would pull me aside and be like, 'how are you? are you okay? are there any problems at home?' shocked In such a patronising, condescending way (using this as an opportunity to 'stroke' me. embarassed

She was a real b!tch to people though. Never spoke with/to you, always at you. So forgetful, would turn the whole building upside down if she never got her way. She had the most complaints filed against anyone, ever. One day after coming back from holiday, woooooosh, she had supposedly 'resigned'. . . . but we all know she was SACKED!!! grin
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by saworoide: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
My worst boss is somebody I will never even pray for my enemy to encounter. Ironically, his name is Mr. Bestmann (chei, I hope he's not a nairalander). He has been frustrated from his previous jobs and because he's not exactly good, his frustration continued on his new job in my organisation. He never gives anybody good grades or promotion recommendation.

When I had enough of his bullshit, I locked him up in the office on a Friday and bared my mind to him telling him how everybody he had worked with has no good thing to say about him. I told him if i did not get promoted at the end of that year, I will resign and look for another job. That seemed to touch his conscience, he recommended me for promotion that year but started his saddist behaviour thereafter.

I have been transferred outside his department but the people currently working with him are also lamenting. I guess everybody will experience something like this in their career. But the question is now that I'm also a boss, what do my subordinates think about me? And you too!!!
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by luvbooks(f): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
saworoide:

My worst boss is somebody I will never even pray for my enemy to encounter. Ironically, his name is Mr. Bestmann (chei, I hope he's not a nairalander). He has been frustrated from his previous jobs and because he's not exactly good, his frustration continued on his new job in my organisation. He never gives anybody good grades or promotion recommendation.

When I had enough of his bullshit, I locked him up in the office on a Friday and bared my mind to him telling him how everybody he had worked with has no good thing to say about him. I told him if i did not get promoted at the end of that year, I will resign and look for another job. That seemed to touch his conscience, he recommended me for promotion that year but started his saddist behaviour thereafter.

I have been transferred outside his department but the people currently working with him are also lamenting. I guess everybody will experience something like this in their career. But the question is now that I'm also a boss, what do my subordinates think about me? And you too!!!

LMAO. . . !!!! This was too funny,  He was probably scared shitless.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by trekkie: 12:04am On Sep 15, 2009
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by igbonla(m): 1:18am On Sep 15, 2009
We need a link for terrible subordinates too! Am gonna be watching here closely, woe betides anybody that put me here. I will surely double your yoke! grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, you lack one or two skills if you cannot manage your boss. Workplace is no primary school and people face different kinds of pressures. Its not easy to be the boss in naija where most employees play all sorts of games to cheat the system!
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by showbobo(m): 4:41am On Sep 15, 2009
igbonla:

We need a link for terrible subordinates too! Am gonna be watching here closely, woe betides anybody that put me here. I will surely double your yoke! grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, you lack one or two skills if you cannot manage your boss. Workplace is no primary school and people face different kinds of pressures. Its not easy to be the boss in naija where most employees play all sorts of games to cheat the system!
You're just a Jester grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by rasputinn(m): 6:06am On Sep 15, 2009
Worked in three places for a total of 3 and a half years(never really believed in working for anybody)before setting up me own outfit,I love my first two bosses because they were strict,the first one was stricter and more financially disciplined,I still have fond memories of the one year I worked for him.

Can't say any of them was bad,even inthe last place I worked;a multinational outfit,I had no bad bosses
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by celebritee(m): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2009
Fine thread. My worst boss was a two-faced son of the devil. This guy would take boys (my colleagues and I) out for a couple of drinks at Cubes at the Galleria. Una go do everything together. From chasing girls to talking about past gals. The next day, a query might be waiting for you for 'not meeting targets'.

After a while he started approving 2-week working suspensions where you would be given half pay at the end of the month.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by MrKelly: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2009
Way back in 2004, I lost my job due to company liquidation and after fruitless search for job, I decided to settle for a security guard job in an oil servicing firm in PH. I was doing my part time Master Degree program then. My supervisor will always refuse to give me time-off during my lectures and exams. Educated guards are usually sent to do clerical tasks or man the cctv but in my own case, I was often sent to man the armoured gate. At a point, out of frustration, I have to withraw from the program but was later encouraged by my pastor to go back and completete it. I knew this guy is mean but I really wondered why he had a strong hatred on me because I am the most humble and obedient employee anyone could have.

Anyway, I left the job two years later when I got an appointment in one of the biggest oil firm in the courntry
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by sammythes(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2009
U na neva meet boss. my boss na tipical womaniser. Do things for other people and never to his staffs. he pays peanut and complains too much. he will always treaten you on thing that doesnt concern you. make statement such as "YOU WILL SUFFER IN MY HAND", Won't let you go further in your education (if you enroll for exam na wahala). He will travel with out leaving his keys and reduce your salary when he returns with the excuse "you did not do anything for me".

I just like him for something" he calls himself a child of God". I have worked for him for 3 year and nothing to show for it. reducing my salary each year instead of increasing it. I just want gain admission into school first or find another job before i resign.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by ayde: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
klassyguy:

[b]
I feel he was just an intimidating jerk, that branch had just been set up about 3 months b4 i got there and he was appointed the manager there. feel he was just trying to do shakara. everyone knew he was a F@ckup, nd he later tried making amends, but it was too l8. he even started poking his nose into almost everyone's affairs. there was a day he came to my cubicle and asked me what my name meant(double happinness in yoruba language). i told him i was born just a week b4 my parents got married nd the next thing the stupid man said "so your mum and dad had been doing that thing b4 u were born abi?" u need to see the kinda eye i take look the guy that day. he never tried saying anything that stupid to me again.
so anytime he came around my department nd started asking questions, we guys that were there just say "go talk to our HOD". u know those kinda annoying ogas that want to know everything about everyone, even up to their personal lives sef. useless buffon.[/b]

lmfao, grin grin very funny, d guy sure is a buffon,
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by kalmebad(f): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, To have a woman Boss sometimes is the worse thing anyone can wish for, You can be a threat.

I have been wearing the pinchin shoe for a while now, 6 damn years on one position

But with her presence, she is making my case worse, i can't stand her and i need my sanity intact b4 i go gaagaa oooo

Am quittin come Dec, starting New year on a clean slate even without a job at hand yet, The height of it my people

You all should wish me luck.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
celebritee:

Fine thread. My worst boss was a two-faced son of the devil. This guy would take boys (my colleagues and I) out for a couple of drinks at Cubes at the Galleria. Una go do everything together. From chasing girls to talking about past gals. The next day, a query might be waiting for you for 'not meeting targets'.

After a while he started approving 2-week working suspensions where you would be given half pay at the end of the month.

LOL, Talk about sending out conflicting/confusing signals. Or could it be the classic case of "carrot and stick"?
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
Mr Kelly:

Way back in 2004, I lost my job due to company liquidation and after fruitless search for job, I decided to settle for a security guard job in an oil servicing firm in PH. I was doing my part time Master Degree program then. My supervisor will always refuse to give me time-off during my lectures and exams. Educated guards are usually sent to do clerical tasks or man the cctv but in my own case, I was often sent to man the armoured gate. At a point, out of frustration, I have to withraw from the program but was later encouraged by my pastor to go back and completete it. I knew this guy is mean but I really wondered why he had a strong hatred on me because I am the most humble and obedient employee anyone could have.

Anyway, I left the job two years later when I got an appointment in one of the biggest oil firm in the courntry

Whao, A very uplifting story indeed - Working as a security guard, while pursuing a Masters Degree, in Nigeria!!! Hats off to you and the pastor who encouraged you along this arduous path.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2009
kalmebad:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, To have a woman Boss sometimes is the worse thing anyone can wish for, You can be a threat, Am quittin come Dec, starting New year on a clean slate even without a job at hand yet, The height of it my people

You all should wish me luck.

I've found that ladies either LOVE their female bosses (e.g. exchanging make-up tips, etc) or HATE 'em (e.g. mustering every ounce of self-control not to strangle them). It's like there's hardly a middle ground.

I wish you the very best as you press on!!!
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by kaytues(m): 9:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
UNMMMM I NEVER EVEN TALK MY FACE DON BEGIN FROWN, MAKE I NO JUST TALK ABOUT MY EX NOW, OTHERWISE ILE ASU, ILE AMO LORI ORO EX BOSS ME
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by whiteroses(f): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
Mr Kelly:

double thumbs up
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by enibeb2001: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
The worst boss ever will have to be my present boss, he was client of mine where I was working before and begged me for close to a year to join his organisation, I final joined them 3months ago only for him to move me and my change the role I came in as to something very degrading and then informed me that my salary will be slashed to half of the originally agreed salary. I have presented my resignation with notice and am seriously praying I get paid this month because I learnt once you resign, no salary for you for that month!

Can you imagine!!!!!!
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
No Boss is the worst to me. You learn from their mistakes and move on. Simple.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by klassyguy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
enibeb2001:

The worst boss ever will have to be my present boss, he was client of mine where I was working before and begged me for close to a year to join his organisation, I final joined them 3months ago only for him to move me and my change the role I came in as to something very degrading and then informed me that my salary will be slashed to half of the originally agreed salary. I have presented my resignation with notice and am seriously praying I get paid this month because I learnt once you resign, no salary for you for that month!

Can you imagine!!!!!!

u for just collect ur pay and then tender ur resignation.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by rasputinn(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
sammythes:

U na neva meet boss. my boss na tipical womaniser. Do things for other people and never to his staffs. he pays peanut and complains too much. he will always treaten you on thing that doesnt concern you. make statement such as "YOU WILL SUFFER IN MY HAND", Won't let you go further in your education (if you enroll for exam na wahala). He will travel with out leaving his keys and reduce your salary when he returns with the excuse "you did not do anything for me".

I just like him for something" he calls himself a child of God". I have worked for him for 3 year and nothing to show for it. reducing my salary each year instead of increasing it. I just want gain admission into school first or find another job before i resign.

What are you still doing working for him??If he's as bad as you've said,why stick with him for 1,095 days(three years).Your name na Sammy,I hope you're not waiting for prophest Samuel to come and tell you it's time you moved on
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by Toludo(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
My Hr manager in the company where i am doing my youth service is a very stubborn man, issues query like a no man's business, talks down on people and he feels youth corpers are a piece of thrash that can be messed up with.I told him point blank that i must not be retained since they have turned a bsc degree holder to a dispatch rider.Our MD is female and she is nice though very strict but i think the HR guy needs medical check up.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by Utaroz(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
She was a woman. I came off her clutches with a stomach ulcer and a good example of the type of boss I'll never become!  angry
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by FFA: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2009
@UTAROZ, STOMACH ULCER!, DATS SERIOUS.THANK GOD U A OUT
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2009
kaytues:

UNMMMM I NEVER EVEN TALK MY FACE DON BEGIN FROWN, MAKE I NO JUST TALK ABOUT MY EX NOW, OTHERWISE ILE ASU, ILE AMO LORI ORO EX BOSS ME

Hmmm. . .your Prologue is intriguing, Chapter One please cheesy
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by deezah(f): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
I lack the words to describe mine. He is the type that you necer learn anything from. He's only after his own progress in the company, since he also answers to someone alse. With a boss like him, you have no hopes of moving up the lader in the company, because he likes to lay low and not get noticed, simply because he doesnt know a frigging thing. Most times, we do all the work for him and he delegates frequently so one ends up running the station.

It's so bad that if any of us wants clarification on anything concerning company policy, we dont bother asking him, instead we call other managers of other stations or former managers who are familiar with the workings of our stations. He doesnt represent our interest at all at meetings at the headquarters; well, how can he when he's so dumb and accepts whatever is handed down to him? Right now we are the least paid in the whole of our company network, but he doesnt give a hoot, as long as his pay is the right amount and keeps coming frequently. Our job is interesting but he has made it frustrating for us so much so that everyone is gradually opting out. In the words of a colleague who left, " this place and this man will destroy one's future if you dont opt out". Shame.

Too bad, he's my current boss and I have to do my best for now and hope for better things to come. I'm seriously searching for something else and will leave without a backward glance when the time comes.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by FFA: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
@DEEZAH, MAY GOD GRANT U UR HEART DESIRES, VERY VERY SOONNNNN
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2009
Toludo:

My Hr manager in the company where i am doing my youth service is a very stubborn man, issues query like a no man's business, talks down on people and he feels youth corpers are a piece of thrash that can be messed up with.[b]I told him point blank that i must not be retained since they have turned a bsc degree holder to a dispatch rider.[/b]Our MD is female and she is nice though very strict but i think the HR guy needs medical check up.

Are you kidding? Okada skills are not commonplace (unlike the ability to drive a car); how did they know you could ride one? Na wa for some ogas o!
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
@ deezah

It appears that you're working for an OK company (with a network of 'stations'/branches), but for a BAD manager. If so, have you explored the possibility of transferring to another branch, instead of leaving the organization?

You already know which manager has great raves from his/her staff, so you can choose wisely - You may just end up with a worse boss if you move to a different company!

Just my two cents. All the best.
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by Gamine(f): 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
My present worst Boss, has got to be the boss in FF:ROS

A boss could be difficult, but when its annoying too cry cry cry cry
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by tkb417(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2009
u guys havent seen norrin yet

my present boss lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ill save the story grin
Re: NairaLanders Who Was/Is Your Worst Boss Ever??? by canuck(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
@tkb417 and @Gamine

Please don't keep us hanging. . .tell us about those may-I-never-meet-one-like-you-again boss cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Workers Can Now Withdraw From Retirement Savings Account (PFA) / Certificate Training Courses And Diploma Training Courses / Can Lawyers Practice Without Lying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.