Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,835 members, 7,906,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:16 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1014014 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 14, 2017
Russian High Altitude Recon / Experimental Aircraft

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 14, 2017
Operation Brass Tacks exercise

The exercises included around 400,000-800,000 troops and included three mechanised, three armoured and one air assault divisions, and three armoured brigades under four corps HQ with all the paraphernalia for a real war, concentrated on international border areas in East to West, South to West and North to West manoeuvres. The year was 1986 and the operation was codenamed Brass Tacks.

This exercise was bigger than any NATO exercise - and the biggest since World War II.

main objective failed becz as usual Indian ahole politicians did not have the balls to go through with it.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 2:15am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
Are this class of aircrafts not obsolete?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
Are this class of aircrafts not obsolete?

why obsolete ?

these type of assets allows on-demand and almost real time intelligence

satellites have some limitations with availability , orbit , sensor capabilities in areas of interest or for specific/specialized task etc
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 2:19am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
Operation Brass Tacks exercise

The exercises included around 400,000-800,000 troops and included three mechanised, three armoured and one air assault divisions, and three armoured brigades under four corps HQ with all the paraphernalia for a real war, concentrated on international border areas in East to West, South to West and North to West manoeuvres. The year was 1986 and the operation was codenamed Brass Tacks.

This exercise was bigger than any NATO exercise - and the biggest since World War II.

main objective failed becz as usual Indian ahole politicians did not have the balls to go through with it.

Sometimes I bless the Lord that I am on a different continent
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
Sometimes I bless the Lord that I am on a different continent

when shiitt hits the fan it will spread everywhere smiley

presently for exercises troops r limited to less than 100000. sometimes it may be higher.

what we have now is self sufficient and self contained integrated battle groups IGBs capable of deep thrusts into hostile territory without any external support for a substantial period of time.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 2:27am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

why obsolete ?

these type of assets allows on-demand and almost real time intelligence

satellites have some limitations with availability , orbit , sensor capabilities in areas of interest or for specific/specialized task etc
Seeing the US benched the Blackbird

Yeah Sats aren't as holy grail when you need it,the question is "Russia isn't testing that for say Africa.. it must be one of the big boys.. with the advances in SAM tech wouldn't it be suicide"

if you ask me i'd prefer HALE UAVs instead
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 2:30am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

when shiitt hits the fan it will spread everywhere smiley

presently for exercises troops r limited to less than 100000. sometimes it may be higher.

what we have now is self sufficient and self contained integrated battle groups IGBs capable of deep thrusts into hostile territory without any external support for a substantial period of time.
At least the breeze from the fan would have various "cooling effects "

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
Seeing the US benched the Blackbird

Yeah Sats aren't as holy grail when you need it,the question is "Russia isn't testing that for say Africa.. it must be one of the big boys.. with the advances in SAM tech wouldn't it be suicide"

if you ask me i'd prefer HALE UAVs instead

u see there is no hard and fast rule that u have to employ a specific weapon for a specific situation. what about peace time deployment ?

yes depending on ur threat assessment and ur mission objectives and the resources at ur disposal u will have the flexibility to choose the equipment u deem fit for the mission.

if HALE UAV suits ur need then so be it.

to support HALE UAV with SATCOM terminals u will need satellites to act as the relay to ur GCS . many countries dont have these capabilities at the area of location or even the organic capability. ie assets for beyond LOS operations. very expensive and restricted.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 2:40am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

u see there is no hard and fast rule that u have to employ a specific weapon for a specific situation. what about peace time deployment ?

yes depending on ur threat assessment and ur mission objectives and the resources at ur disposal u will have the flexibility to choose the equipment u deem fit for the mission.

if HALE UAV suits ur need then so be it.

to support HALE UAV with SATCOM terminals u will need satellites to act as the relay to ur GCS . many countries dont have these capabilities at the area of location or even the organic capability. ie assets for beyond LOS operations. very expensive and restricted.

Well if you put it that..I fantasize about Nigeria having HALEs at times grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:

u r getting the Yabhon HALE UAV so obviously corresponding capabilities will come along with it if not already present .

note : let me clarify i gave a generalized example, when i meant u , i meant Odunayaw literally and importantly i am unaware of ur capabilities and u may already have the capabilities/assets which u all will only know.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 14, 2017

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 3:27am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

u r getting the Yabhon HALE UAV so obviously corresponding capabilities will come along with it if not already present .

note : let me clarify i gave a generalized example, when i meant u , i meant Odunayaw literally and importantly i am unaware of ur capabilities and u may already have the capabilities/assets which u all will only know.
What did you type there? Yahbon HALE
Don't leave me in d dark
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 3:48am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

sorry man its a mistake on my part

correction
NAF is buying Yabhon Flash-20 which is a MALE uav
Lucky me, I didn't hold my breath

Have you gotten wind of this BMT offering the Wyvern and Vidar 7 sub-1000ton subs?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:10am On Jul 14, 2017
@Odunayaw

u got hit by anti spam bot

go to nairaland main page and mail the super mods to unblock u

LOS and SATCOM link

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 14, 2017
underwater mines from DRDO

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 14, 2017
armored recovery vehicle based on T72

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 14, 2017
Rustom-1's C-band data-link

@Odunayaw here u can see how u can extend LOS coverage of mission UAV by using relay UAV

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 14, 2017
chaff rocket launcher for ships (old version)

anti torpedo defence system for ships

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 14, 2017
private company Nucon Aerospace-built components for NG-ARM and Barak-8 LR-SAM missiles

these r technology intensive and requires years of R & D

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2017
rudra with air particle filter fitment for better operation in deserts

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:

Have you gotten wind of this BMT offering the Wyvern and Vidar 7 sub-1000ton subs?

no clue
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Reusable-Launch-Vehicle-RLV ISRO

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 14, 2017
GSAT 7 indian navy first dedicated satellite

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 14, 2017
Half of European men share King Tut's DNA

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oukoe-uk-britain-tutankhamun-dna-idUKTRE7704OR20110801

counter coup by europeans to e-establish themselves as the master race may be over Egyptians in this casegrin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 14, 2017
grin

coup detat in the making

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 6:51am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
Half of European men share King Tut's DNA

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oukoe-uk-britain-tutankhamun-dna-idUKTRE7704OR20110801

counter coup by europeans to e-establish themselves as the master race may be over Egyptians in this casegrin

Glad you saw that! They claim haplogroup R but don't say it originates in W Africa.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 6:55am On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:
rudra with air particle filter fitment for better operation in deserts

It's a pity most people here are too fixated on firepower to know the importance of relatively minor sub sub systems like this air particle filter. If the US had them on their choppers their would have been no disastrous crash at Desert One 1980 during the attempted hostage rescue.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 9:43am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
Sats offer the capability to conduct surveillance even on your friends without messing up relations.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2017
Odunayaw:
Sats offer the capability to conduct surveillance even on your friends without messing up relations.

like submarines.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
nemesis2u:

I'm a fan of ALL Russki poo! What's this called and one pic has a tactical add on atop the fuselage wingroot. What is it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.