Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,593 members, 7,929,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:59 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1019541 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 15, 2018
Arjun Mk2 Suspension system

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:53am On Apr 15, 2018
from the public release photos of China’s Shenyang J-15 Flying Shark, a buddy store is available to the Chinese Naval Aviators, assuming that they have mastered the mid-air refueling techniques of course.

Given the fact that the J15 is based on the Russian SU-33, the Shangyang buddy store bears resemblance to the UPAZ-1A Sakhalin centerline refueling store series currently available in the international arms market.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 15, 2018
DRDO NGARM (next generation anti radiation missile)

And it's passive homing head

Detection range of 100km for the onboard seeker

Multi emitter handling capability

Identifies
surveillance radars operating in 1-10Ghz range
Fire control radars operating in 6-18Ghz range

I am impressed especially at the detection range , considering this the first ARM developed by DRDO.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 15, 2018
NGARM passive homing head (seeker)

There are two types of passive seekers

Low band passive homing head

High band passive homing head

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 15, 2018
Zen technologies containerised indoor shooting range

Take it with you wherever you want - be it on a naval ship, staging bases, forward bases etc to satisfy your training needs as per your needs.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Gunshot detection and localisation system

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 15, 2018
Ship launch system for launching of upto 7 ton missiles from ships.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:11am On Apr 15, 2018
karthi90:
Ghatak Full scale wind tunnel model was developed , and will use Kaveri non afterburner engine . This particular project is highly classified
\
Only to be used by ind**? I am now following nemesis instruction.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 5:17am On Apr 15, 2018
Different platforms, same jamming pod.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 5:21am On Apr 15, 2018
New photo of J-20 in yellow primer

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:27am On Apr 15, 2018
newafricaken254:
Different platforms, same jamming pod.
Two jamming pod on the flanker series or is that not a khibiny EW POD?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Ind is in an advanced stages of developing it's own Electro magnetic rail gun . DR_DO scientist .

For more technical details - http://fullafterburner.weebly.com/next-gen-weapons/indian-rail-gun-development

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 15, 2018
Ship launch system for launching of upto 7 ton missiles from ships.

Most probably a ASBM variant of PRALAY hybrid ballistic cum cruise missile.

I believe that this ship launch system is a below deck system, because the firing position is 90 degree vertical and stowage position is horizontal.

This configuration makes sense if the launch system is a below deck installation.

It allows the possibility/potential of below deck reloading at sea with this horizontal to vertical elevating launcher system.

When this system is in horizontal position below deck, reloading of new rounds in possible , even at sea ( refer to the last pic I posted , not same but gives you the idea).

It also kind of lends substance to rumours of Barak 8 carrying reloads which can be reloaded below decks at sea.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 15, 2018
DRDO TEL for 70 ton cannisterized ICBM (hauler vehicle not shown)

Looks like a new ICBM with heavy throw weight ( 10 MIRVs + decoys + countermeasures ) is due to be launched

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 15, 2018
DRDO BOSS border surveillance system comprises of both EO and radar systems.

And powered by renewable energy sources (hybrid power source)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 15, 2018
BEL DIRCM directed infrared countermeasure system

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 15, 2018
KALYANI 155x39mm MGS with hybrid recoil technology

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 7:10am On Apr 15, 2018
Israel Defence Forces to Modernize its Infantry Brigade with Hundreds of Eitan 8×8 APCs,Eitan is the first wheeled APC to be deployed on a large scale by the IDF

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2018
Thailand commissions first south korea made T-50TH lead-in fighter trainers

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2018
We've taken delivery of our next three F-35A aircraft, all fitted with the program's final software system which unlocks the aircraft's full war-fighting potential. We're the first international partner to accept jets with this Block 3F capability.
This footage is of two of these F-35s leaving the Lockheed Martin factory and heading to Luke AFB where our pilots and maintainers are currently training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMZr9XyZM4
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2018
a US air force F-22 Stealth jet belonging to Elmendorf Air Force Base's 3rd Wing has suffered extensive damage after the jet retracted its gear too early during takeoff, with the aircraft slamming back down on the runway at relatively high speed and skidding its way to a stop

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by patches689: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2018
Henry240:

Nemesis, how would you access the performance of Syrian Air Defenses against tomahawks, Scalp and Storm shadow cruise missiles (fancy names grin)?
Reports are claiming Air Defenses shot down 71 missiles of 103 fired. Pretty good, but let me get your opinion seeing India operates lots of Russian ADS.

Well, Tomahawks are not exactly difficult to shoot down.

The large numbers shot down was because the US didnt mess with the Syrian air-defense systems.

Usually you take out the AD-net before you start hitting ground targets.

Just look at the first Iraq war to see NATO doctrine -

A. Fire huge numbers of "low" cost missiles, so that the defender uses up their stocks of AA missiles and so that their ability to track, vetcor and prioritize targets gets degraded
B. Begin SEAD +EW operations (once the enemy has turned on all their radars, and you can start intercepting transmissions from command-posts)
C. Degrade command-and-control
D. Finish off their AA batteries.
E. Commence ground-and-pound

The idea that you can instantly win tactical air-superiority in a strategic operation is a meme born from GW 2, when the Iraqi's had basically no AA left. And even then, the Republican guard managed to ground the US's entire A-10 fleet within the first 48 hours of operations.

In short: Without SEAD/EW its simply a question of whom has more missiles - does the US have more Tomahawks than the Syrians have AA missiles.

Pics unrelated

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Added to my list of airlines with whom never to fly. Fvcking hell, NOTAM's were issued 72 hours before the strikes and these wankers still flew over Syria!

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2018
patches689:

The large numbers shot down was because the US didnt mess with the Syrian air-defense systems.

A. Fire huge numbers of "low" cost missiles, so that the defender uses up their stocks of AA missiles and so that their ability to track, vetcor and prioritize targets gets degraded
B. Begin SEAD +EW operations (once the enemy has turned on all their radars, and you can start intercepting transmissions from command-posts)

The idea that you can instantly win tactical air-superiority in a strategic operation is a meme born from GW 2, when the Iraqi's had basically no AA left. And even then, the Republican guard managed to ground the US's entire A-10 fleet within the first 48 hours of operations.

In short: Without SEAD/EW its simply a question of whom has more missiles - does the US have more Tomahawks than the Syrians have AA missiles.

Pics unrelated
Not a war so I guess that is why such happened. I doubt russia will allow SEAD in syria as America will end up targeting Russia's ADS over there too.

Plus, I am sure the syrians are on high alert for a possible SEAD mission. This is not the first time US will be targeting their ADS.

Conclusion, the defender is also as wise as the attacker.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Frumentum:
Added to my list of airlines with whom never to fly. Fvcking hell, NOTAM's were issued 72 hours before the strikes and these wankers still flew over Syria!
grin grin grin grin
The only airline on my list yet is egypt air.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2018
patches689:

Pics unrelated

I don't buy the 71 missiles shot down fairy-tale. Somewhere between Syrian and Pentagon propaganda is the truth.
I get a headache just imagining the planning involved in this strike! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by patches689: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2018
tdayof:
Not a war so I guess that is why such happened. I doubt russia will allow SEAD in syria as America will end up targeting Russia's ADS over there too.

Plus, I am sure the syrians are on high alert for a possible SEAD mission. This is not the first time US will be targeting their ADS.

Conclusion, the defender is also as wise as the attacker.

Not a fvck the Americans would mess with the Syrian ADS - Russian servicemen are embedded all over the place and firing on one would definitly result in Russian deaths. Further, no or limited EW because there is no 100% effective way in telling who the radar you are jamming belongs to, and if you mistakenly jam Russian systems - there is a big risk of Russians taking it as a sign of imminent attack which could result in them shooting first or setting their systems to targeting mode - which could make the Americans think the Russians are going to fire and make the Americans fire etc etc etc

NATO knew what was up - and knew that lots of systems would be shot down. Hence why they fired 100+ at only ~4 targets. A couple Tomahawks on target is more than enough, so the overkill is to accommodate the anticipated interception rate.

This is just what I am guessing from the available facts - obviously there is plenty that we dont know which could change things.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by patches689: 10:13am On Apr 15, 2018
Frumentum:

The absolute madmen.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
Gulf states showcase military might ahead of Arab Summit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdm7bZB_9Wo
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
nemesis4u:
Who gained from all these fucckkery of missile strike over Syria

1.Media houses TRP up the roof.
2.social media organisations , huge advertisement generation.
3.military industrial complex.
4.stakeholder politicians and businessman from friendly and opposing sides seeking mutual gains grin

Business as usual for all the parties involved.

its kind of clear from how the strikes happened and were conducted , it was a rouse a continuation of the status quo/state of affairs of the nonsense which has been going on for years now.

None of the external players can pull out becz they r so involved that it would be akin to opening Pandora's box. Dirty secrets of the players would tumble out and everybody will be accusing everybody to escape the shiit storm .

They r trying to avoid it and going on with the shiit business hoping someday somebody stumbles or one of them manages to get into drivers seat.

I have seen this situation before kind of common to fall into, once u commit urself in a situation which u shouldn't have , it becomes difficult to pull out becz Ur vurnerability will be exposed and u will take a hit so big that Ur existence becomes difficult.

So no option than to keep up the shit hoping u will get the break but problem is break never comes and u become a integral part of the mess and so the shitty story continues.

My experience

say if anyone of u will get to deal everyday with shiiit say for eg murderers , u hunt them , u interrogate them , u understand them , u kill them , u hate them , u sympathize with them...

one day sadly u become one of them

then u have every reason to let the shiit continue.

Those who r smart never get caught and the dumbos r always replaceable

Ever Fallible Humans r in no short supply another one simply replaces him and the shiit continues

This is how the world operates and has been operating since long

U try to clean the shiit , u get covered up in the shhiit and before I know it Ur part of the shiit , well good luck trying to clean the shiit now

I never understand why I rant here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Guess I got no where to rant in peace

It is best to be a farmer or a herder up in the mountains away from all this shiit one has to deal with everyday

he wasn't even trolling.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jj

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.